Sikorsky UH60 Blackhawk

The_Pharoah

I've contributed to a thread on reddit re this. Would the Blackhawk be declassified enough for DCS to model? Would ED even look at this? Nothing breaks immersion like spawning into a cockpit on the Stennis, then looking across at the accompanying destroyer (or frigate or whatever) and seeing a Gazelle on the heli pad.

Re classified - surely the Blackhawk is 'basic' enough for it to be modelled - hell we have civilian variants. You don't often see the hawk as a gunship even though it probably can pack weapons. Other than your standard MGs, rocket pods, maybe hellfire, flares, etc - what else is there??

Edited by The_Pharoah

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

I mean, I'm sure it could be done. But at the same time, lots of people would rather have other helos first. Apache's and Cobras come to mind.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yea, I'm sure an A model could be done but I find the Black hawk pretty boring. In order of what I'd pick for ship operations CH-46, SH-3,SH-2 Ch-53, then the SH-60. We're in dire need of an American attack Helo though. I'd like to see an AH-1W on that front since it seems like an AH-64 is stuck in limbo.

Perhaps a package selling point on the Blackhawk is to do a "Sikorsky H-60 Helicopter" module with variation in the models to included the following aircraft:

UH-60 (US Army Blackhawk including other operator's skins)

SH-60 (US Navy Seahawk with all skins, i.e., Cargo/Anti Submarine)

HH-60 (US Air Force Pavehawk with AAR via KC-130 capability)

MH-60 (S-Model Knighthawk for Blackops)

MH-60T (US Coast Guard Jayhawk with Rescue Skins)

VH-60N (US Marine One Presidential Transport)

Mitsubishi H-60 (Japan's Licensed Copy of the helicopter)

Simple skins and two Advanced Models for AAR capable and one for plain I'm guessing...and the ship-board variants to have the tail-boom gear replaced by the aft fuselage dual wheels.

If we ever see true Multi-Crew aircraft with DCS perfected, we could have a crew of 4 and passenger capabilities and do combat rescue, hell yeah!

Edited by =JUICE=

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't forget the Chinese copy of it!

Maybe we can get deka to make it :lol:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Does the rumour I heared that there's Sikorsky licensing issues have any truth to it?

The Seahawk is quite different to the Blackhawk, is it not?

Avionics and systems wise yes. Especially the ASW versions.

Avionics and systems wise yes. Especially the ASW versions.

Maybe the DCS version of the ASW Hawk could have them dip the probe into the water and they catch a giant fish! :joystick:

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would love to see a blackhawk but i bet even ED makes one, it would be very early analog versions. I just want a modern glass cockpit blackhawk

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Out of all the H-60 variants, I'd choose the HH-60G every time! There's nothing I'd rather do than fly CSAR in crappy weather at night with FLIR and TFR. Yum! :thumbup:

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Given the upcoming "supercarrier" module, getting a helicopter to use with it seems like a good idea. I suggested some helicopter ideas for the supercarrier a while back (LINK), but it didn't get much response.

Putting an SH60 on one seems like it would benefit not just the helicopter pilots, but improve the carrier ecosystem for the Hornet/Topcat pilots too.

Given the upcoming "supercarrier" module, getting a helicopter to use with it seems like a good idea. I suggested some helicopter ideas for the supercarrier a while back (LINK), but it didn't get much response.

Putting an SH60 on one seems like it would benefit not just the helicopter pilots, but improve the carrier ecosystem for the Hornet/Topcat pilots too.

that or an MH60S. Sh60B from what i have read began being replaced by the MH60R in the 2000s with it being complete by 2015. MH60S is pure utility version that in turn replaced UH1N , CH46, and SH3 sea king. IF possible the MH60 would fit better for the time period our Hornet is represented for Naval rotary carrier ops.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Out of all the H-60 variants, I'd choose the HH-60G every time! There's nothing I'd rather do than fly CSAR in crappy weather at night with FLIR and TFR. Yum! :thumbup:

AMEN TO THAT! Got your Green Feet on?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cera sim company has good uh-1 module for another civil sim. maybe they can be invited to dcs

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

that or an MH60S. Sh60B from what i have read began being replaced by the MH60R in the 2000s with it being complete by 2015. MH60S is pure utility version that in turn replaced UH1N , CH46, and SH3 sea king. IF possible the MH60 would fit better for the time period our Hornet is represented for Naval rotary carrier ops.

HH-60H I prefer

Absolutely!

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

+1

Would be nice to have this as a surprise release and be one of the more mature early release modules.

UH-60L is something like 1983. I flew in them, as troop, from 1990 - 1994. Then followed UH-60 modernization. Special variants for 160th and for av.bns of 1th Mnt, 82nd Abn, an 101 AA aside, most classified stuff is just SINGARRS communications, and navigation updates. Otherwise Blackhawk is just a truck with rotors. Interesting versions of 160th and USAF SpecOps MH-60 line, including JSOC DAP variants, all have classified bolt ons and swap kits. MH has inflight refueling, GPS, radar NOE nav suite, and ECM.

For base version, there is no reason why there can't be a DCS level version with door gunners, bolt on wings, tanks, and unguided rockets. It can also carry up to 16 Hellfires, but cannot target and guide them. Basically a missile truck for Apaches.

Even a modern day US Army National Guard and Air National Guard UH-72 A Lakota can be DCS level sim without breaking classified barriers. As it is basically an American built EC-142 with US military grade communication and GPS. A DCS level sim of EC-142 (civilian) with National Guard skin would be more then sufficient for DCS.

I'd like to see a plain Jane early model rather than any of the specialized variants, but then I could think of plenty of other helos I'd like to see before that

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Yea, I'm sure an A model could be done but I find the Black hawk pretty boring. In order of what I'd pick for ship operations CH-46, SH-3,SH-2 Ch-53, then the SH-60. We're in dire need of an American attack Helo though. I'd like to see an AH-1W on that front since it seems like an AH-64 is stuck in limbo.

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/defense/2018-02-06/armed-black-hawk-completes-qualification

It says you should call it boring again, lol. Closest thing there is to a western Mi-24. But that’s a really new upgrade. Still it’s far from a boring helicopter, and has seen a shit tone of combat.

I would love a blackhawk:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

With AAR Refuelling. We need a chopper with this capability.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas.