[REPORTED] Unable to duplicate powersettings according to the manual

Koriel

First of all, very suprisingly, I just LOVE the -52. It's a whole lotta fun to fly. getting a kick out of it with the multicrew.

So I wanted to know the specific powersettings, looked them up on page 54 of the manual.

I am unable to get to the propspeed with the associated manifold pressure.

ie When I want to fly according to the long range cruise speed, 59% prop, 670mmHg (manual). I can set my pressure to 670, but even with the prop lever all the way aft. my prop rpm won't go below 67%

So with prop lever all the way back at cruise-1 powersetting, prop rpm is 71% iso 64 (manual)

Max continuous -2 gives me a 71% (within range of the manual, but still with full aft prop lever.)

I am also unable to duplicate the max manifold pressure of 125- mmHg, but as I expleined in post #3, I figure it's a limitation and in normal situations you propbaly won't see any pressuers above 1000mmHg, or 10 on the guage.

Edited by Koriel
Last sentence changed

Same problem with cruise power settings. How did you arrive at 12.5 for max power? S.L. ISA = 760 +125 = 885

That was a typo, table 3 page 54 uses mmHg so for cruise 1 and 2 they use 735 and 670 respectively, but for takeoff they use 125 (?) I think it should have been 1250. I guess that's the max allowable, so a limitation. I am guessing now but at sea level standard atmosphere (15 degrees C) the max you can expect is just below 1000. So 10 on the guage.

My main issue is that with the power set at the numbers I can't get my prop rpm low enough.

...for takeoff they use 125 (?) I think it should have been 1250. I guess that's the max allowable, so a limitation. I am guessing now but at sea level standard atmosphere (15 degrees C) the max you can expect is just below 1000. So 10 on the guage

I still don't know how you arrive at 12.5, 125 or 1250. ISA S.L. pressure is 760mmHg. Max or T/O power is S.L. pressure +125mmHg = 885mmHg.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=217477

Edited by bbrz

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070