MODS Cause Game to not launch

dillon1991

I have been using the same few mods for months with zero issues. These are not sound mods either. One is just adding some different ground units to Irans ground units and the Smerch and SA-8. I have also used the SP F-14 TPOD mod. It seems though that since the update to 2.5.6 that any alterations or mods in the main DCS installation folder now will not allow the game to launch. Tried to see if it was a specific MOD that was causing the issue by trying to load it with only the single MOD installed each time and the same results every time. Repair fixes the issue though, but as soon as anything is changed in the install folder it does it again. Anyone else?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

... Repair fixes the issue though, but as soon as anything is changed in the install folder it does it again. Anyone else?

Repair basically un-does the Mod action .. it is the same as disabling the Mod on your Mod Manager (if you use one).

I moved to Mods on the Saved Games folders only, and scrapped the Mods that can't function there.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• ED Team

please add your dcs logs if you are having issues it should give us some clues

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

please add your dcs logs if you are having issues it should give us some clues

thanks

What's the best way to go about adding my logs to this thread here? Putting them in a ZIP in my google drive and creating a shareable link? I can hardly get the game to launch for me at all.

Zip them and upload them as an attachment to a forum post.

Ensure that you don't have anything in Saved Games under mods lingering around. Most of the non-starts are due to incorrect mods (entry.lua and shapes) not being compatible.

Looking at your logs will almost always tell you the issue the game could not load.

Edited by Chump

The only mod I had installed was srs. This is a new PC I just built recently. Srs is the only mod that has ever been installed on this machine. Last night I tried uninstalling srs, then doing a clean and repair per the instructions in bignewy's sig. The game still hangs 90 percent of the time on launch. Hangs on the black dcs splash screen but I can hear the menu music. At work now but I'll get my logs posted when I get home this afternoon.

• ED Team
Here are my logs. Hopefully it helps.

Are you using viacom or voice attack, if so diable them for now.

Also try renaming your saved games dcs folder ( keep it as a backup )

C:\Users\fpete\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

then restart DCS login and test

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Not using Viacom or voiceattack. When I say this is a brand new PC build and srs is the only mod ever installed on this machine I mean that literally. I rolled back but I'll update again when I get home and try renaming the saved games folder and report back.

Hi guys!

I hope I don't hijack this post but it seems I have the same problem, that is game hangs at start up ! I'm speaking here of the latest OB. I did a "cleanup" and a "repair" using the batch files. Didn't help. So I rename the "DCS Open Beta"folder (_DCS Open Beta)in my "C/User/Save games". This time game launched. Then I reverted to the original name of this folder removing the "_ ", I also removed all the content of the "fxo" folder as well as the "metashaders2" folder. I launch the game twice successfully .

Best regards

Jef

dcs.zip

Corsair One 140 Windows 10 Home 64 - i7 9700K 3.6 GHz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 - Hotas Warthog - Saitek rudder - TIR5.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Hi guys!

I hope I don't hijack this post but it seems I have the same problem, that is game hangs at start up ! I'm speaking here of the latest OB. I did a "cleanup" and a "repair" using the batch files. Didn't help. So I rename the "DCS Open Beta"folder (_DCS Open Beta)in my "C/User/Save games". This time game launched. Then I reverted to the original name of this folder removing the "_ ", I also removed all the content of the "fxo" folder as well as the "metashaders2" folder. I launch the game twice successfully .

Best regards

Jef

your log is still showing unofficial mods

please ensure you have removed all.

then run a cleanup and repair or verify for steam

Follow my crash advice below.

thanks

Hi BIGNEWY!

Ok, this time I don't see any mod remaining but after clean up and repair, it's still hanging on the DCS WORLD logo screen, I have to shut it down using windows task manager.

dcs.zip

Corsair One 140 Windows 10 Home 64 - i7 9700K 3.6 GHz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 - Hotas Warthog - Saitek rudder - TIR5.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Hi BIGNEWY!

Ok, this time I don't see any mod remaining but after clean up and repair, it's still hanging on the DCS WORLD logo screen, I have to shut it down using windows task manager.

are you running any third party apps like viacom or voiceattack?

also what antivirus do you use, please check it is not blocking DCS.

thank you

No I'm not running these apps. My AV is windows native(I created months ago exclusion for the DCS folders). I tried to start DCS OB with and without Windows AV live protection and the result is the same. I also have an up to date Stable version of DCS and it is not affected with this problem. It seems like a file was stopping the process of loading and it's beyond my noob understanding. Furthermore it's random, sometimes it starts and sometimes it doesn't.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't say if any of these Nvidia driver related issues are the cause, but worth to check things like upscaling/native resolution, HDR, Window vs. FullScreen mode etc.

I noticed the logs show the combination of RTX2080 with the 442.19 _R440 Drivers.

Maybe even consider to revert to an older Nvidia Driver (441.x or earlier), sometimes newer isn't better.

Link to known issues document:

https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/442.19/442.19-win10-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hi shagrat!

Thank you for your help. Anyway before to read your post I already updated the nvidia drivers to the last ones(44250.r442_47). All I can say is that my OB is updated, free of mods, cleaned and everytimes I want to launch DCS I have to make a repair with the bat file.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]