The New cockpit

NineLine

Perfectly clear and bright running the Ka-50 Quick Action Mission "Free Flight" on the Normandy map.

+1 looks good for me in my RiftS

Edit: The screenshot looks worse then in game

2.thumb.jpg.b475d9209653a8b2a3f19950301ec165.jpg

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure you have repaired the install.

Ah yes, the standard procedure after each DCS update:

1) Repair

2) Remove fxo and metaschaders2 folders

3) Run DCS

Became second nature for me.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Can anyone confirm whether the English cockpit is available?

it is

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Auto pilot lights still inverted, left panel and right.

Backup Attitude indicator still goes off too quickly.

English pit booted up as standard.... as it was set previously.

Keyboard binding has changed and I hope will be interesting reading.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Just to clarify earlier post... switch lights in the PG map are not good... no better than before.... Probably because of new lighting that was NOT installed in Caucasus Map... Some screenies...

2020-016.png

Auto turn is OFF

2020-015.png

Auto Turn is ON

2020-014.png

SIGBLOCK.png

Wow, the AP lighting is the same? I just tried the cockpit and the switches in the A10 and overall resolution is way higher, are we going to see higher resolution textures and is this going to be updated? It is a massive disappointment, I was going to buy the BS 3 based on the quality of this update and the lighting hasn't been fixed. I bought BS1, then the upgrade and BS2.

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

Just to clarify earlier post... switch lights in the PG map are not good... no better than before.... Probably because of new lighting that was NOT installed in Caucasus Map... Some screenies...

Auto turn is OFF

Auto Turn is ON

Or it's a problem with the english cockpit, hot start on PG on Burj Al Arab heli pad and Auto Turn turned on

EDIT: No, works also with the english cockpit.

3.thumb.jpg.12501a4bee62087f2756c3802da67052.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.13c1b06d84190dedef8e2261d3971f2c.jpg

Edited by unknown

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Looking at your image, is it a shadows thing?

in pit flat shadows just click into place as you rotate..... I will try this in a mo.

Unknown and Rrhode, have you deleted fxo and shaders file or just standard install and repair?

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Or it's a problem with the english cockpit, hot start on PG on Burj Al Arab heli pad and Auto Turn turned on

EDIT: No, works also with the english cockpit.

The light is reversed for the function. Hot start and the 'auto turn' light will be on but 'auto turn' function is off.

Hit the button, the light goes off and the 'auto turn' function works... - its reversed for some reason - I'm sure it'll be an easy fix

SIGBLOCK.png

if you are having issues try changing the language of the cockpit and then back. I had some bugs in the English one that went away such as shval not working and map not loading. The only bugs I have found so far is the lws power and test is well sorta missing and the hardpoint power lights are only orange when I turn away and look at them from 45% or so off center. Using track IR.

Unknown and Rrhode, have you deleted fxo and shaders file or just standard install and repair?

I always do (repair, del fxo/metashaders2) - and I am not complaining, only pointing out that the AP lights work well now as advertised by ED. :thumbup:

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The light is reversed for the function. Hot start and the 'auto turn' light will be on but 'auto turn' function is off.

Hit the button, the light goes off and the 'auto turn' function works... - its reversed for some reason - I'm sure it'll be an easy fix

Thats not how it is on my side, if i push the auto turn button "the light goes on" not off like on your pic.

Looking at your image, is it a shadows thing?

in pit flat shadows just click into place as you rotate..... I will try this in a mo.

This time i did just the install without deleting the metashader/fxo folders and i did not run the repair after the update.

Thats not how it is on my side, if i push the auto turn button "the light goes on" not off like on your pic.

You can only check when you engage the function... auto hover, lock, move the camera with the auto turn light on, does your nose follow the camera...? now hit the button and turn the light off and try again...

If you know all this, sorry... but to me in my DCS it is back to front...

SIGBLOCK.png

You can only check when you engage the function... auto hover, lock, move the camera with the auto turn light on, does your nose follow the camera...? now hit the button and turn the light off and try again...

If you know all this, sorry... but to me in my DCS it is back to front...

This is how it looks for me, hot start, if you press that button you can see the light turns on.

But i think the problem is if you have direct light on that panel, then you can't recognize if it is turned on or off. Not sure if bug or feature? In RL it's hard to see some lights/LED's with direct sun light on them.

I always do (repair, del fxo/metashaders2) - and I am not complaining, only pointing out that the AP lights work well now as advertised by ED. :thumbup:

Agreed,

Restarted DCS and the Autopilot lights are indeed lighting up correctly, both left and right. This really was obvious after restarting (I did not delete FXO and shaders files..... yet.) but the lights are not as obvious without the gorgeous pit shadows.

.......f you have direct light on that panel, then you can't recognize if it is turned on or off. Not sure if bug or feature? In RL it's hard to see some lights/LED's with direct sun light on them.

Did you check the function against the light... if not, could you please do so... 'cause here is what I see....

Note the light, faint as it is... when off, auto turn works ?

Same in all 4 maps... maybe its my bloody gremlins.... My DCS has plenty...

Edited by Gizzy

SIGBLOCK.png

Question

Do you think that the HUD in the new cockpit have a low bright value?

I mean, i tried some of instant action missions and in all is the same.

HUD is barely or not visible.

Here is an example with the "Ka50 attack insurgents" instant action.

Where you can cleary see this.

With other aircraft with HUD this doesnt happens

My gamma setting is 2.2, wich match my gamma monitor which is 2.2

qBZgsZ2.jpg

qBZgsZ2.jpg

s6UWq30.jpg

I must say that the difference between the old and new cockpit is not as colossal as in the A-10C. I was expecting something different. The A-10C difference is definitely more visible. The compass still looks like it has been painted with a brush.

The sea is not the end of the amendments?

Did you check the function against the light... if not, could you please do so... 'cause here is what I see....

Note the light, faint as it is... when off, auto turn works ?

You were right UNKNOWN... despite what I was seeing.... turning the gamma down to 1.2!!! showed the lights correctly.... but ugh! to the cockpit at that setting ha haha.. thanks...

SIGBLOCK.png