Motherboard

Hi again

Some time back i ask the Dcs Community for a good videocard. And when i got back from a holiday my video kaart has died. Now i have bought the msi GTX 970 GAMING 4g. But my local pc shop says that i wil loses little bit of performance with the motherboard.

could you advise me for a good cpu + motherboard + memory. :helpsmilie:

My current system is

Msi GTX 970 GAMING 4g

Amd phenom x61055 processor 2.80Ghz

4,00GB ram

(And i have not tried the videocard yet because of pc is still standing at the pc shop)

1TB Samsung evo 860 ssd MSI Z490

Intel® Core I9-10900F

32GB RAM MSI Geforce GTX 970

Here's what I bought not too long ago (see also my signature):

Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz

RAM: G.SKILL Trident X Series

Very happy with that combination so far. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Hi again

Some time back i ask the Dcs Community for a good videocard. And when i got back from a holiday my video kaart has died. Now i have bought the msi GTX 970 GAMING 4g. But my local pc shop says that i wil loses little bit of performance with the motherboard.

could you advise me for a good cpu + motherboard + memory. :helpsmilie:

My current system is

Msi GTX 970 GAMING 4g

Amd phenom x61055 processor 2.80Ghz

4,00GB ram

(And i have not tried the videocard yet because of pc is still standing at the pc shop)

I have no recommendations regarding Mobos right now, but you should definitely upgrade your memory... 8 Gig at the least, and if you can afford it I would get 16 since we have no idea how memory intensive EDGE will be...

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

I have no recommendations regarding Mobos right now, but you should definitely upgrade your memory... 8 Gig at the least, and if you can afford it I would get 16 since we have no idea how memory intensive EDGE will be...

I have no idea about EDGE, but under the current engine, DCS runs visibly more stable when I upgraded the ram to 16 gigs from 8.

I have no idea about EDGE, but under the current engine, DCS runs visibly more stable when I upgraded the ram to 16 gigs from 8.

Yeah it is highly dependent on what else is running in the background.. (Many folks have no idea what else is running or why)

I always load up with minimum 16 Gigs because it takes that aspect (memory) out of the equation.. Too many folks try running with bare minimums and then fight it constantly. The savings in cost is not worth it to me so I buy 16 minimum and have no issues..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Yeah it is highly dependent on what else is running in the background.. (Many folks have no idea what else is running or why)

I always load up with minimum 16 Gigs because it takes that aspect (memory) out of the equation.. Too many folks try running with bare minimums and then fight it constantly. The savings in cost is not worth it to me so I buy 16 minimum and have no issues..

+1 !!!

My server ran into BSOD with 6GB, 8GB worked lala, and 16GB has never ever produced RAM situations. Same with the client side of the game. Go 16GB and forget about RAM issues.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X