DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

2.28 is now available for download. This is intended for and has been tested with DCS World 2.5.4 openbeta, but it should be compatible with the 2.5.3 release version. If you run DCS 2.5.3 and aren't currently experiencing any issues listed in the change log, you may wish to stay with 2.27 until 2.5.4 is released to the DCS stable line.

Change log:

• Improved C-101EB and added support for C-101CC
  • Revised some modules to deconflict with DirectX SRS assignments
  • Bf-109/Fw-190: Swapped Fuel Flow switch commands to put Master Arm on EFR (Warthog Throttle)
  • F-5E: corrected orientation of radar range/mode on T4/T5 (Cougar)
  • Warthog: corrected orientation of Target ranging on CSU/D (P-51D, Fw-190, MiG-15, F-86)
  • Added Minigun fire command to SA342M profile
  • F/A-18C: Fixed issues with button mapping in Direct Entry mode
  • M-2000C: Deconflicted TriggerZoom with INS Prep/Dest buttons
  • Su-33: Added Intelligent Air-refueling routine
  • Added DCS Scratchpad plug-in compatibility and macro

EDIT: The PDF for the 1.5.8 legacy version of the profile is also updated. H/T flyingflatfour for the contribution.

Edited by Home Fries

Afternoon home fries, suggested update for the harrier.

Engine cut off switch could be assignes to idle location on the throttle axis, maybe set up so that in effectivly opens the gate for a second then recloses it, I have had to rebind one of rhe rogglea for this function as its not unsusal to accidently knock the throttle forward early in start up.

Afternoon home fries, suggested update for the harrier.

Engine cut off switch could be assignes to idle location on the throttle axis, maybe set up so that in effectivly opens the gate for a second then recloses it, I have had to rebind one of rhe rogglea for this function as its not unsusal to accidently knock the throttle forward early in start up.

That's an awesome idea! I've been bit by that many times myself. I've been hoping to do that, but I didn't realize that there was a key command for this function. Is there a default key command, or did you have to map something yourself? If you mapped it yourself, could you please upload your keyboard diff.lua for the Harrier so I can analyze it?

Thanks!

Hey Homefries, anyway to get the profile switching on a macrokey/voiceattack or someother keyboard hot keys?

Unfortunately, no. The TM products themselves must be engaged to execute the C programming. The programming can interact with the keyboard, but not the other way around.

DCS F/A-18C Hornet Config (Profile v2.28):

Map Cougar Left MFD (DX31)...Done!

Map Cougar Right MFD (DX32)...Done!

Map HOTAS for DCS F/A-18C Hornet:

Map Axes:

Axis mapping Cougar Stick...Done!

Axis Mapping TQS Main... Initializing F/A-18C Throttle...

Runtime error in Execute: Symbol not found: S4Brake_F18, in "DCS_FA18C_Init();"

@HomeFries, I get this error when starting the F18 Profile.. I just did a clean install of CTS and it is v 2.28 release version.. If this was fixed in a beta sorry ;)

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

ah that stinks.. so the only way to change is rebuild the script over and over per plane?

If the TM products have to be engaged can you just bind some Warthog buttons to cycle through the planes at least?

Maybe S4 and H1U/H1D/H1L/H1R or something that is not being used..

Edited by maestro72x

DCS F/A-18C Hornet Config (Profile v2.28):

Map Cougar Left MFD (DX31)...Done!

Map Cougar Right MFD (DX32)...Done!

Map HOTAS for DCS F/A-18C Hornet:

Map Axes:

Axis mapping Cougar Stick...Done!

Axis Mapping TQS Main... Initializing F/A-18C Throttle...

Runtime error in Execute: Symbol not found: S4Brake_F18, in "DCS_FA18C_Init();"

@HomeFries, I get this error when starting the F18 Profile.. I just did a clean install of CTS and it is v 2.28 release version.. If this was fixed in a beta sorry ;)

Sorry, I changed the variable and didn't update the Cougar routine.

Go to line 1375 in DCS_Init.tmc and replace

if (S4Brake_F18 > 0) 

with

if (S4Brake_USN > 0) 

I'll have a hotfix up shortly.

ah that stinks.. so the only way to change is rebuild the script over and over per plane?

If the TM products have to be engaged can you just bind some Warthog buttons to cycle through the planes at least?

Maybe S4 and H1U/H1D/H1L/H1R or something that is not being used..

I'm looking into a way to make this happen, but given the global nature of the change I won't be able to start coding and testing it until the spring.

Sometimes during a session I have my keyboard competlely lock up on me and will accept no input.. (friends have had same issue.) not sure where this is coming from if its a CTS thing? has been going on for a while.. I have my center track ir on S4+NWS.. not sure if this is doing something. any ideas woudl be great. If i recenter trackir it becomes unlocked...

It's not my script (the script doesn't have power over the keyboard), but when this happens, stopping the script will take TARGET and FAST out of the loop. Happens to me sometimes as well.

When this happens and you stop the script, following up with a reboot isn't a bad idea. When FAST starts acting up, a reboot is generally your best bet.

I use a TM Warthog Throttle, a TM Cougar NXT Joystick, Simped Rudders w/Toe Brakes (attached to the game port on the Cougar Stick), along with a Cougar MFD pack. I use TARGET to combine these devices into a Thrustmaster combined controller. My question is can I easily use your profiles with this combination? I know that you support the Warthog and the Cougar controllers but what about one of each?

Thanks in advance for any help.

PoleCat

I use a TM Warthog Throttle, a TM Cougar NXT Joystick, Simped Rudders w/Toe Brakes (attached to the game port on the Cougar Stick), along with a Cougar MFD pack. I use TARGET to combine these devices into a Thrustmaster combined controller. My question is can I easily use your profiles with this combination? I know that you support the Warthog and the Cougar controllers but what about one of each?

Thanks in advance for any help.

PoleCat

Hi Polecat,

I have put provisions in the script for a combination like that, though it has not been tested and is thus far unsupported. Up until now I haven't known anybody with the hardware combination to test this.

In CTS, go to Hardware Configuration and select 0 for Warthog Stick, 1 for Warthog Throttle, and 1 for Rudder Pedals. The only problem is that you won't have your toe brakes, so you will need to use S4 on your Cougar for that (though you can enable the differential braking logic in Braking Options, as well as other analog options using the stick for magnitude).

Please feel free to make copious bug reports for incompatibilities you find, as this configuration is untested. The link to emailing bugs to the bugtracker is in the HTML documentation, or you can join Trello (it's free) and I can add you to the board so you can continue to update the cards.

Hi Home Fries, have I understood correctly that in order to have NVGs activated from your profile I have to have MFDs ? If I don't have it, I need to resort back to keyboard shortcuts, right ?

As I don't have MFDs but just a Warthog throttle/joystick combo, I'd like to be sure I'm not missing anything after reading the docs.

Small but important question:

Can I use CTS for the HOTAS Cougar Throttle with a Warthog Stick and a TM ECS Rudder plugged into the Cougar Stick? (Warthog stick 1, Warthog throttle 0)

Would this work?

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

Small but important question:

Can I use CTS for the HOTAS Cougar Throttle with a Warthog Stick and a TM ECS Rudder plugged into the Cougar Stick? (Warthog stick 1, Warthog throttle 0)

Would this work?

This should work, though the configuration hasn’t been tested. Assign the Warthog stick to 1 and rudders to 1, but leave the throttle at 0.

If you want to help me test this configuration, please PM me and I can set you up with the beta.