Mission Editor Static Templates-Thank You ED!

enigma6584

Not a question but just a thank you to the people at Eagle Dynamics etc., for this wonderful tool and gift in the mission editor to be able to create "static templates" for mission creation. The ability for me to make an airport look like it is being used and then save that airport for use in other missions is phenomenally helpful.

I've been working on templates for almost every airport, at least major ones I like to use and the fact that I don't have to redo this time and time again just makes me cry with joy. :smilewink:

Mission making is so much faster and creative now only having to concentrate on actual AI stuff and not worry about whether an airport or target area looks real and immersive enough.

Again, thank you to whomever at ED for creating this. :thumbup:

Cheers.

Can I use these static templates only work on the same map? Like I can’t make one in the Persian gulf and transfer it over to the Caucasus?

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Can I use these static templates only work on the same map? Like I can’t make one in the Persian gulf and transfer it over to the Caucasus?
Yes, it is map dependant, as DCS used its internal coordinate system to place the units. But you can load the templates into other missions...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Mission making is so much faster and creative now only having to concentrate on actual AI stuff and not worry about whether an airport or target area looks real and immersive enough.

Again, thank you to whomever at ED for creating this. :thumbup:

I fully agree, this feature alone makes much easier to re-use edits on other missions, so it pays to put extra effort on these re-usable items.

If someone from ED is reading this, may I suggest that Trigger-zones be added to the supported items of Static Templates?

Thanks a lot

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Is it possible to use templates for aircraft carrier configurations too? I spend ages populating the deck with static aircraft ETC but can't find a way of using it again in another mission. It takes ages each time!

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System

Is it possible to use templates for aircraft carrier configurations too? I spend ages populating the deck with static aircraft ETC but can't find a way of using it again in another mission. It takes ages each time!

I agree this is super helpful!

Yes, I use it for a template for my Stennis Battle Group, where I can save all the ships, waypoints, all the statics (including Navy Deck crew mod placements), tankers, awacs etc in one template, so when I make a mission I can start with that. Super time saver.

Is it possible to use templates for aircraft carrier configurations too?

Yes it is, but you need one per each map .. here is one I edited for the Persian Gulf:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3722384&postcount=32

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB