Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

It is not currently possible to fliter the objects displayed on screen.

That said, with the coming beta 6, you should be able to write a little lua script to delete the unwanted objects by type.

Can you share some screenshots which show the problem you would like to solve?

Maybe there are other ways to do it and something I can improve in the way objects are displayed to reduce clutter for example.

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

It is not currently possible to fliter the objects displayed on screen.

That said, with the coming beta 6, you should be able to write a little lua script to delete the unwanted objects by type.

Can you share some screenshots which show the problem you would like to solve?

Maybe there are other ways to do it and something I can improve in the way objects are displayed to reduce clutter for example.

It is not a problem at all, just a minor thing.

We run online campaigns in our squadron, so each mission we fly effects the next one (targets hit, friendly losses, etc.).

Recon flights play a role in our campaigns, so players need to fly recon missions where they take actual pictures or videos of the target area ahead of strike missions.

I was wondering if it's possible for the Tacview host to hide certain units in Tacview for the debrief, so that players can't see objects that they haven't reconed yet.

Like the host could click on a unit and select "Hide" or something - like in DCS mission editor.

Not requesting anything, was just asking if such a thing already exists. :)

zn9b1AI.jpg

Tacview 1.7.5 is available

Download: HERE

• Release Date: Wed, 19 Dec 201
  • Operating System: Windows® 32-bit / 64-bit
  • File Size: 268.0 MB

This intermediate release brings a lot of improvements and fixes. The object database has been extended to better support your favorite flight simulator.

The telemetry exporter has been rewritten from scratch. Available in Tacview Advanced and Enterprise, it replaces the tool which was previously accessible from the charts. With the new exporter you can now save any telemetry variable (recorded or calculated) from any object in a single csv file. No need any more to export one by one each object variable in a separate file. It is now easier than ever to compile and analyze the telemetry data of your choice in your favorite spreadsheet.

I am now focusing more and more my efforts on Tacview 2: The goal is to offer you a brand-new platform with improved performances, fidelity, ergonomics, portability, all in a fully customizable package!

Best wishes to you all!

Vyrtuoz

Release notes

FEATURES & CHANGES

• Added brand new telemetry export tool to export any possible data
  • Added BMS Pillars of Hercules theater map
  • Integrated Aegean 2.2 for BMS
  • Static objects declared in DTC files are now displayed only when Falcon 4 terrain is visible
  • Added support for waypoints in the telemetry
  • Added option to display current Track (TRK) in object labels
  • Added a new camera mode which looks forward of the primary object
  • Added WWI aircraft for IL-2
  • Added an option to always display position coordinates in the 3D view

FIXES

• Labels color should be inverted for weapons (old regression)
  • Improved support of corrupted uncompressed acmi files (typically after a DCS World crash)
  • Opening a VHS file by double-click or drag & drop was not working on a fresh install
  • Numerous fixes in improvement to the SDK
  • The label between selected objects was sometime displayed in a random position

1075786500187529216.png

Tacview holiday sale has started!

From Dec 21st to Jan 4th, 40% off Tacview Standard and Tacview Advanced licenses including group buy.

http://tacview.net/purchase/

If you want to upgrade your Tacview Standard edition to Tacview Advanced, please send me an email with your name and current product key. I will give you back a coupon to buy the upgrade at the reduced price.

Do not worry if I do not answer right away, be assured that you will get a reply as soon as possible.

1076197417488470016.png

hi,

I use virtual cockpit server with tacview when I fly. but I have noticed in the export.lua file when I load up virtual cockpit server

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

disappears from the export.lua and tacview no longer records the flight and only shows a 1kb acmi file.

this never used to happen it only seems to of started when I installed version 175 of tacview.

the only way around it at the moment is if I open up cockpit virtual server have it running then reinstall tacview 175.

has anyone else got this problem or is there a way to fix it or am I doing something wrong?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

ski

Can we get shortcut keys for adjusting the playback speed. I usually use Tacview in full-screen mode and have to switch out of that to change the playback speed. Would be immensely helpful not to have to switch out of full-screen just to change that. I'm constantly flipping around to different speeds.

Absolutely! Shortcuts will be added in the next release. Playback and speed will be fully controllable using the keyboard only.

Can we get shortcut keys for adjusting the playback speed. I usually use Tacview in full-screen mode and have to switch out of that to change the playback speed. Would be immensely helpful not to have to switch out of full-screen just to change that. I'm constantly flipping around to different speeds.

Hi Ski,

I didn’t change the way DCS World scripts are handled in a relatively long time.

From what you are describing, it looks like that virtual cockpit server is responsible for the disappearance of Tacview export line.

I suggest you contact virtual cockpit server developer to see if he/she has a fix in store.

Let me know if you need more details about the way Tacview handle export.lua. That said, aside from adding one single line of code, Tacview does not do much on that matter...

hi,

I use virtual cockpit server with tacview when I fly. but I have noticed in the export.lua file when I load up virtual cockpit server

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

disappears from the export.lua and tacview no longer records the flight and only shows a 1kb acmi file.

this never used to happen it only seems to of started when I installed version 175 of tacview.

the only way around it at the moment is if I open up cockpit virtual server have it running then reinstall tacview 175.

has anyone else got this problem or is there a way to fix it or am I doing something wrong?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

ski

Hi Vyrtuoz !

In MP when host do a game pause it stop the client recording and don't start again after unpause.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Thanks for the heads up!

I believe something has changed again in DCS World events. I will have a look at that as soon as possible.

Hi Vyrtuoz !

In MP when host do a game pause it stop the client recording and don't start again after unpause.

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed that after I changed directories of where the acmi files were being stored, they would never actually 'include any data'... A re-install seemed to cure it? Any thoughts?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

By “include any data”, do you mean empty (0 byte) files?

1. Did you move the Tacview documents folder on your hard drive from one place to another?
  2. Did you use the option in Tacview to specify where is the new location?
  3. Did you relaunch Steam & DCS World after specifying the new location? (required so DCS scripts gets the new settings)

they were about 540-700 bytes (example file attached), and I used the Tacview option to specify a new location and yes I clean launched DCS after changing to a new location that said I can't seem to repro it :( sorry ignore me

Tacview.zip

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to visualise the HOTAS input? Likewise is there a log of button presses? (ie shoot, flaps, radar slew etc).

Edited by Shabi
s

Oculus CV1, i7 4790k @ stock, gtx 1080ti @ stock, 32gb PC3-19200 @ 2.4ghz, warthog & saitek pedals, razer tartarus chroma.

I can't get TacView to record in multiplayer (even when I'm the host) or when playing back the .trk file in DCS. So far it only worked in singleplayer missions. All the export options are checked when creating the MP server. Is there anything else I need to do? And shouldn't it always record at least the .trk replay, when I play that in DCS?

Here are the .trk file and dcs log (from letting the .trk play for ~10 minutes):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/794lhsdcaf4y9ga/AABwFZaMRnxvgsAi9nj2dTNHa?dl=0