I'll bite, how do you tell the state of a modules activation?

FragBum

Okay I'm about to upgrade a GPU on my system and to be honest the module Activation deactivation system is a crock of pooh pun intended.

Each time I attempt the dialog boxes make zero sense for instance my modules are current well I'm guessing activated, however after I click the DRM button its telling me the module needs activating WTF?

There has to be a better way of doing this and there has to be a way of identifying the current status of a module.

A simple radio button if module is active user can deactivate else if module is deactivated user can activate I know simple logic and the DRM is only a wrapper so it couldn't be hard to make the process more logical.

Or as usual am I missing something, currently the process is unclear.

<edit>

If you look at your account online you can check the status of a module however the indicated status is not necessarily correct.:huh:

There seems to be a status mismatch in the database.

Edited by FragBum

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I'm looking at switching out my ssd, that is exclusively for DCS, with one that is bigger and faster, but I have zero confidence in the system ED has concocted.

This post, for example, only reinforces my trepidation about moving forward with hardware upgrades. Let alone migrating to a more capable system altogether.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Okay it kinda seems to work for a start if you run VR you need to disable it otherwise you quickly loose track of the dialog boxes that popup during the process. That caught me out for a bit.

The way the process goes and the wording kinda make the process a little ambiguous but it seems to work.

Click on "DRM" for those modules that use DRM a popup dialog box offers to activate the module yes it doesn't seem correct but you click on ok.

Another dialog box pops up offering to activate the module however on this dialog box there a blue hypertext word "Deactivate" if you click that it starts another dialog box showing that DCS is communicating with the server and shows a progress bar when complete the process should indicate that the process was successful.

However if you go into your account not all the modules show up correctly as de-activated.

I went through process for those modules once more and this time after clicking deactivate it communicated back to the server but this time it told me the module was already deactivated.

As it turns out even with the odd status indicated for the modules in my account I don't seemed to have lost any more activations this time around.

The good news is a great majority of my modules seem to be on the new DRM system which still seems to be only partly working i.e. it still shows the module as activated and the number of activations left but there is no DRM button to click.

I think the biggest problem for the modules that still use starforce is being confident that all the modules have indeed been deactivated.

I see according to the write up I lost 6 points when I upgraded my RAM last year. :cry:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.