(Bug) Su-25 Compass Misalignment Clarification

Tony_Kito

So, me and my friends often play Su-25A missions online and one of our main problems with that plane is the fact that the compass keeps displaying incorrect headings with no way to fix it.

Word of mouth from the forums says that it has a 3-minute alignment time which you have to wait between turning on the electrical system on the aircraft and turning on its engines. However, this number isn't cited anywhere in any sort of documentation, specially not on the FC3 manual, which one would figure would be the most thorough document regarding said plane module.

Furthermore, a compass the likes the Su-25 is a gyro compass much like the MiG-21's, which I may add, is a compass that does not suffer from any sort of trouble in terms of alignment when you adjust it properly on the ground (which takes a WHOPPING 5 seconds at most). It seems to me unlikely that an aircraft developed in the late 70s and put into service in the early 80s would have such grotesque problems with such an incredibly simple instrument, the likes present on many CIVILIAN aircraft dating back to the 1960's, specially since it doesn't even has any sort of INS systems linked to it (I've heard however that the Su-25A does use an inertial navigation system, however, once again, the manual cites it as being an RSBN short range radio navigation system.)

I would like proper clarification from the devs and someone with actual involvement in the production and release of the FC3 regarding the Su-25A's compass. Is it indeed a feature and not a bug?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Arm it up

The HSI is not a simple compass it is a gyro that needs to stabilise after power up, basically don't move the aircraft until it has had a chance to stabilise. This is obviously a simplified version with a time limit in place to simulate some sort of stabilising while the gyro spins up, but generally stabilising is recommended at a couple of minutes. The MiG-21 module is not infallible by design, HSI's are known for needing checking/adjusting quite often.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org