Target making a comeback?

thrustvector

I know it never went away, BUT there was always a bit of why bother to use it if you have the hog, but recently I see more and more scripts being available and used more without the why bother comments.

I could never get on with even though I think its more useful as it will allow more key uses, and files such as HomeFries excellent utility are great.

many of you using target?

as it wont mess up my personal settings I'm quite tempted to go and re learn them again for certain modules

I like to combine the TM Cougar with the MFD's so I use custom Target profiles exclusively for all the modules I fly.

It's somewhat of a hassle to develop a custom profile and tune it as it takes time which is a limited commodity these days, though.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

NOiD's TARGET profile for the L-39 is a work of genius and he has downloadable profiles like this for almost every aircraft in DCS. I am completely new to TARGET and coming back to DCS after a long break so it took me four hours to get it to work but, boy was it worth it. A full-featured TARGET profile with modified button functions and use of the LED lights is a thing of beauty.

Nice to hear these encouraging comments about Target.

I was studying the GUI editor manual to get to know how to make a profile for my TWCS throttle and warthog stick and yeah statement like 'don't bother' has put me off.

I really like the default mapping by Eagle dynamic for my A-10C on my hotas combination.

I think I would have to get back to study the manuals as it is very difficult to get custom profile for a peculiar setup like mine.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

There are many profiles that you can use. Polaris & SchniX, and then there's HomeFries' extensive one. Then there is Gizzy's profile that turns every switch on the throttle as a simple DX button so you can make it in the game itself. Why would you use Gizzy's Target & in game controls? Because Target allows you to use DPST switches as discrete on-off-on. So you can make three functions to the on, to off, to on.

With DCS, A10 configurations natively support this. But for other planes, you have to modify the LUA yourself to be able to use the three position DPST switches. But Gizzy's script turns every position as DX, so you can just map it easily in game.

AGain, like I've always said, it's a personal choice.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

There are many profiles that you can use. Polaris & SchniX, and then there's HomeFries' extensive one. Then there is Gizzy's profile that turns every switch on the throttle as a simple DX button so you can make it in the game itself. Why would you use Gizzy's Target & in game controls? Because Target allows you to use DPST switches as discrete on-off-on. So you can make three functions to the on, to off, to on.

With DCS, A10 configurations natively support this. But for other planes, you have to modify the LUA yourself to be able to use the three position DPST switches. But Gizzy's script turns every position as DX, so you can just map it easily in game.

AGain, like I've always said, it's a personal choice.

Please any link to these profiles? Thanks

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset