Another Black Shark Pit project

BaD CrC

What can I say ? As a noob I'm really impressed and I've learned a lot reading your thread.

Million thanks for share the details of your work sir !! ...and of course enjoy your pit flying a lot on it ;-)

My TM Warthog DIY extension tutorial

C2Duo E8600 @ 4.4Ghz. | Asus Rampage Formula X48 | MSI GTX 560Ti OC |

8Gb.Corsair DDR2 RAM @ 1103Mhz. | Crucial M4 128Gb. SSD | 850W. PSU |

HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pedals | TIR 5 | Helios | 24" Monitor/22" Touchscreen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:shocking:

Edit:

OK, I can speak now...

Well, first and foremost I admire your robust approach to the subject. I'm an avid supporter of everything that's robust ;) Yes, admiration is the word which fits best. There's no need to say more :thumbup:

Edited by Bucic

• 2 weeks later...

LEDS

Bad CrC, how do you get the LED's to work with the game? (i.e. landing gear, master caution, etc) And how do you hook up so many monitors? (sorry if these questions have already been addressed)

Edited by Death-17

ACPI x86 based PC, Windows 7 64Bit, AMD Phenom IIX4 965 3.4GHZ, NVIDIA GTX 560, 8 GB RAM, 1 32" primary monitor, Track IR, Saitek pedals, custom cyclic with CH Pro base, custom collective, both using BUO836X cards

Leds are controlled trough 2 USB outputs cards from Opencockpits. Each card can switch on and off 64 leds. Those cards can be controlled by SIOC, a software that can read lua files and action whatever you want. In that case, my 128 leds.

As for the screens, main view is going trhough a matrox triplehead2go. Then I got one 19' screen for the ABRIS and one 9' screen for the SHKVAL. This takes a good toll on the fps though.

The instruments are simulated by another networked computer using BSVP 1.1.

Thanks CrC, Opencockpits is an awesome site. Someone in the forum told me I could get a third monitor by putting an old video card in one of my pci slots. Is this true, the computer would recognize a second video card? I have my shkval and ABRIS on the same monitor right now. I just want to separate them and I have no need for triplehead2go(42 inch main monitor), but my video card only has 2 outputs. ANd thanks again, your pit is the sweetest I've seen. It gave me so many ideas. I'll post pics of mine as soon as it gets halfway completed.

Edited by Death-17

ACPI x86 based PC, Windows 7 64Bit, AMD Phenom IIX4 965 3.4GHZ, NVIDIA GTX 560, 8 GB RAM, 1 32" primary monitor, Track IR, Saitek pedals, custom cyclic with CH Pro base, custom collective, both using BUO836X cards

Someone in the forum told me I could get a third monitor by putting an old video card in one of my pci slots. Is this true, the computer would recognize a second video card? I have my shkval and ABRIS on the same monitor right now. I just want to separate them and

Software Triple Head aka SoftTH.

http://www.kegetys.net/SoftTH/

Have fun!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Just incredible work, so impressive well done mate!!

Now..................get a decent camera & cameraman and give your project the rightfull platform it deserves by giving us a proper demonstration with dare i say it, a narrative. Show us from startup the whole pit, show us you flying the shark, show us, show us, show us, otherwise this is some pretty impressive Electrical work with some amazing attention to detail, BUT, is it practical, is it usefull, is it functional, or what?

Should we follow your lead? should we stick to TrackIR and (IMHO) enjoy the 6DOF that it provides? How does the Track IR (i notice you have no TH2G or Eye infinity to exacerbate the use of the pit) work alongside the physical reality of having the pit? All of these questions and more could be asked if you put together the right sort of videos instead of the project loosing credibility by crap video, no narrative and shoddy lighting.

No offence, not after a flame war or a fight here, i just beleieve that you are letting yourself down slightly in the presentation to the community.

This is by far the best pit i have ever seen. Now....................tell us more. No-one is going to read through 22 forum pages at an average of 7 posts per page....no-one.

I take my hat off to you though mate, hell.........if i had a decent camera, id come find ya and video you for nothin'

Good work.

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Thanks CrC, Opencockpits is an awesome site. Someone in the forum told me I could get a third monitor by putting an old video card in one of my pci slots. Is this true, the computer would recognize a second video card? I have my shkval and ABRIS on the same monitor right now. I just want to separate them and I have no need for triplehead2go(42 inch main monitor), but my video card only has 2 outputs. ANd thanks again, your pit is the sweetest I've seen. It gave me so many ideas. I'll post pics of mine as soon as it gets halfway completed.

Yes you can use a second video card. I used to use a second PCI video card to display the shkval. You might need to play around with the multi-monitor config to get things performing well. You don't need softth to do it.

Thanks again CrC, and that Tyger guy has a good point. I would like to see your sim in action.(english if possible! The one on Youtube is in French)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry guys. You are right. I should be more diligent to update this topic. My job is making me travel quite often, so I can't always lock myself up into my office to fly my pit when I am back.

Just a recent picture of the warthog integration (at least the stick) to replace the cougar. I had to remove the bottom plate (very easy, just 4 screws to remove) as it was way too large and make my own plate from a sheet of metal. The warthog stick is a bit higher than the cougar one and since the base is very small, I mounted it as close as possible to the seat so I can sit comfortably.

SIMG0174.jpg

Need to rewire the rudder to one of the Bodnar's USB card as I was using the cougar 15 pins connector, and there's no more such connector left on the warthog.

I will ask for help to shoot a new video of my pit in action.

• 5 weeks later...
Softth 2.03 with ati fix is around these days so you can enjoy full screen in any configuration if you havent already

Thanks, but I am using a TH2G module.

I think trigen means that you should combine the TH2GO with SoftTH

in a similar way like seen here:

CongoToey:

I use 5870 Eyefinity 6 2GB version and connect all five monitors, then I setup one eyefinity group of 3 monitors along the middle and use the latest SoftTH software to map the top and bottom monitors. and also make sure I have bezel managements in both the eyefinity group and softTH, Then setup up one big monitor the size of approx 6000 x 3500 in DCS.

In a SoftTH-configuration it doesn't matter if you use a eyefinity group or TH2GO.

Instead of showing the top and bottom view via SoftTH you could display the Abris and Shkval. And you can then run Blackshark in fullscreenmode and get a nice FPS boost.

I'm planing a similar setup for my gaming rig but with projectors and Touch-screens. I'm very confident that SoftTH would work in your set-up.

Edited by PeterP

no problem ! Glad to give your brain a little push.:)

I'm right now heavily in this matter I plan to have a 180° surround view projected at the top and 3 touchscreens at the bottom to manipulate the cockpit >>spherical dome made out of satellite dishes

I hope to get the same precision like in this video:

http://www.veoh.com/collection/Leftside-Limited/watch/v1627326198keXc3X

Now I'm a little stuck in choosing the right hardware components (projecotr,touchscreens,...). I will wait till new-year to spend my money. But the dome is almost finished!!!

• 2 months later...

Bringing back up the thread from the deep of the forum... :D

I had to completely format and re install my main PC. This allowed me to start with a fresh new install of Black Shark. I went through hell to have everything back on line for the pit. Took me a good 3 or 4 weekends before I found out what was wrong with my lua files (thanks to Gillesdrone from the French BS community for his help) :wallbash: . By the way, a good lesson learnt, although it is a known fact in the community, I confirm that Windows notepad should be avoided at all cost for editing lua files. Notepad++ rules. :thumbup: Another lesson learnt: The performances of the secondary PC running BSVP will impact the fps of the PC running BS.

Now everything is back to normal, and even better than normal since, for a reason I still don't understand, my fps jumped from 15 (before format+re-install) to 30. Can't be happier than that. Flying is a real pleasure now.

I took some time to make and comment a 12 minutes video showing the pit, a quick startup procedure and some cannon and vikhr action. :joystick:

Edited by BaD CrC
  • Like 2