Weapon employment summary (all correct?)

viper2097

You're absolutely right.

Do you know why I'm not writing stuff about AIM-7 or AIM-54 employment procedures ?

Since as I don't know them so well as the AIM-9 ones, I don't want to be spreading wrong info here at the forum... see my point ?

And yes, I've already exchanged PMs with HeatBlur people at several occasions.

By the way, did you managed to understand anything about the diagram at post #24 ? Tell me that.

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

You're absolutely right.

Do you know why I'm not writing stuff about AIM-7 or AIM-54 employment procedures ?

Since as I don't know them so well as the AIM-9 ones, I don't want to be spreading wrong info here at the forum... see my point ?

And yes, I've already exchanged PMs with HeatBlur people at several occasions.

By the way, did you managed to understand anything about the diagram at post #24 ? Tell me that.

Comon, give the guy a break! He is trying to help everyone understand !

I find his chart very helpful,indeed there may be some mistakes.

But if you have better information, please feel free to put it forward in a comprehensible way and update the chart for the benefit of everyone. Or show us in a comprehensive way what we don't understand.

Rather than posting passive-agresssive attacks ...

Comon, give the guy a break! He is trying to help everyone understand !

I find his chart very helpful,indeed there may be some mistakes.

Hello hendrix,

Well, didn't see you come forward saying that to him either, when afterall he seems to superficially dismiss the information I've put here.

Again, info stated at NAVAIR... but then he comes and says: he doesn't "think so", and also "such system wouldn't make any sense the way it's built or works", etc.

"...Thats unlogical, that would wear the seeker head WAY too much over time..." - Sure if you don't know what nutating mirrors are, that's perfectly ok, but do not be so quick to dismiss others opinion like if it worths nothing.

But if you have better information, please feel free to put it forward in a comprehensible way and update the chart for the benefit of everyone. Or show us in a comprehensive way what we don't understand.

Rather than posting passive-agresssive attacks ...

Couple questions for you:

What have I been doing at posts #8 and #24, (and all the others between) ?

Have you seen those diagrams, and ALL the detailed answers in other posts ?

Have you had the time to read this thread from the beginning, or the citations I've done to @viper2097 comments ?

(If you had read those, I'm sure you would have seen how easy / comprehensive my answers are, eventhough english isn't my native language.)

Anything regarding the AIM-9 employment in the F-14 (theme of my particular interest), feel free to ask - I'll surelly answer if I know it.

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Ok, so I've tried all those things in DCS today:

(All according the Aim-9)

ACM: Off - Msl Mode: Norm - WCS Track: No

Seekerhead looks straight ADL 2,5° FOV - No DD pattern

Uncage-Seam Button: Does NOT initiate a DD pattern. It only locks a target if it is straight at ADL.

ACM: Off - Msl Mode: Norm - WCS Track: Yes

Seekerhead does DD pattern around the WCS track

Uncage-Seam Button locks the target

ACM: On - Msl Mode: Norm - WCS Track: No

Seekerhead does DD pattern ADL (3,5° FOV)

Uncage-Seam Button: Locks a target if it is ADL

ACM: On - Msl Mode: Norm - WCS Track: Yes

Seekerhead does DD pattern around the WCS track

ACM: Off - Msl Mode: Borsight - WCS Track: No

Seekerhead looks straight ADL 2,5° FOV - No DD pattern

Uncage-Seam Button: Does NOT initiate a DD pattern. It only locks a target if it is traight at ADL.

ACM: Off - Msl Mode: Borsight - WCS Track: Yes

Seekerhead looks straight ADL 2,5°FOV - No DD pattern

ACM: On - Msl Mode: Borsight - WCS Track: No

When Flipping ACM, Msl Mode is set to NORM. Borsight can not be selected.

So in words:

Depending on the Mode, the Seekerhead looks either straight ADL, or does the DD pattern.

If there is a track available, the SEAM/Uncage button always slaves the IR seeker to the WCS track.

If there is no track available, the SEAM/Uncage button locks on a target, if it is "seen" (higher tone) by the seekerhead.

Flipping ACM initates a permanent DD pattern at ADL

Activating Boresight only prevents the seeker from doing a DD patern ADL when there is a WCS track available.

So Mr. Sidewinder. Your turn to point out what is not correctly done by Heatblur according the real world. (As there are already things that are different then in the manual)

Regarding the Aim-7:

Flipping ACM also automaticaly activates Borsight mode and turns the trigger hot.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Guys, great thread, ... erm ... but I somewhere got lost somehow ... :lol:

I think it might take two more days of discussions ... then we have ... THE TRUTH ... or something like it :)

A request of mine for HB would be to have a "training manual" from the developer in hands someday, not only a basic "systems description". I stopped reading the current manual very quickly, since it didn't cover things I was looking for back then.

I give you an example: ATR (EADS) is offering training manuals for their 42 and 72 aircraft, together with their system descriptions (which can be found in their FCOMs). Reading the training manuals makes so many things much more clear in so less time. Reading the systems manual can be used to fill knowledge gaps, at a little later stage.

This I think would not be too easy for the F-14, but worth a try for HB's manual writers.

A few weeks ago I started to collect pages from the manual and forum to create such a thing, but in fact I had to stop this work due to some other things. Maybe I will continue on this soon.

Just saying ... :)

Kind regards,

TOViper

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

So Mr. Sidewinder. Your turn to point out what is not correctly done by Heatblur according the real world. (As there are already things that are different then in the manual)

Hello Mr. Parrot,

That's your job - not mine; either at the F-14 threads, or the M2000 threads or wherever.

Obviously HeatBlur also made an outstanding job with the manual, what I tried to say was:

Given the complexity inherent to the Tomcat, many interactions between its systems may not be so easy to understand in its whole, right at the first times.

Read again, slowwwwwwly, to see if you can grasp:

First a word of advice - don't take everything in the "DCS F-14 manual" so serious, as sometimes it can be inadvertently confusing or misleading:

- it was designed to pass the info on the F-14 systems to the user (player) in a relatively simple and synthetic way... therefore it somewhat bonds different concepts together - so you can have a more straightforward and quick understanding of its many systems;

Also when I ask you about the diagrams you say nothing... you insist in showing that: you don't have the least fitness to interpret simple diagrams.

The result is you keep embarassing yourself - when dumping interpretations here like:

Every MODE or FUNCTION being dependent/starting from the ACM Mode being on or off.

Again:

- did you understood anything AT ALL from the diagrams at posts #8 and #24 ?

- do you know what the nutating mirrors are already ?

- do you still think that: "...Thats unlogical, that would wear the seeker head WAY too much over time..." ? :lol:

You really should read something, before writing about everything.

(Same goes for the Mirage 2000C.)

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Your diagramm is not complete and it misses explanations.

However, Navair is saying something different then the Sim is doing, and also the manual says something different.

But as you are not able to do anything else then pointing on a diagramm or attacking people, I don't think it makes much sence to discuss this here further with you.

At least I did a summary of the "as it is" situation in the Sim yesterday. What did you do so far?

Maybe you should try to communicate more with people instead of attacking them without reason.

What are you talking about the Mirage and what should it have to do with this thread? As far as I can see, you don't even own the Mirage...

Steam user - Youtube

Your diagramm is not complete and it misses explanations.

Sure it does, but I also mentioned that diagram is more about seekerhead behavior... that's why I posted the NAVAIR diagram also.

However, Navair is saying something different then the Sim is doing, and also the manual says something different.

See that's the problem right there - the sim is working OK, only you can't understand that.

I don't know what DCS version you have currently installed, but AFAIK things are correct with NAVAIR.

But as you are not able to do anything else then pointing on a diagramm or attacking people, I don't think it makes much sence to discuss this here further with you.

At least I did a summary of the "as it is" situation in the Sim yesterday. What did you do so far?

Maybe you should try to communicate more with people instead of attacking them without reason.

It just isn't polite, to dismiss others insight like if it worths nothing... essentially when; you can't read a simple diagram, and you effectively pass wrong info right from the start of your posts - those I corrected.

It also isn't polite to come here and say - like you did at previous post:

" Your turn to point out what is not correctly done by Heatblur according the real world. "

Do you have any ideia, of the amount of work the devs have to create any aircraft ?

What are you talking about the Mirage and what should it have to do with this thread? As far as I can see, you don't even own the Mirage...

The fact that even at the Mirage threads, you seem to buy planes just to soon after come here and criticize everything left and right... whitout even being reasonably informed about that aircraft.

But, be my guest. :thumbup:

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Regarding this thread: I think there is nothing more we two can discuss. Makes just no sense .

Regarding the Mirage: I really think that you are the person who does not know what you are talking about...

However, have a nice time and be proud of yourself that you made this whole thread pointless.

Steam user - Youtube