Persian Gulf map. Anyone can land at Sir Abu Nu'Ayr? LOLLL

Frag

Hi guys,

wow the landing strip at Sir Abu Nu'Ayr island is REALLY short.

Just for the kick of it. Anyone was able to land there?I tried many times, but was able only once with a L-39 .... but was not able at all with the F-5.

Who can and with which aircraft?

An no smart a$$ ... chopper doesn't count ;)

It's doable with the F-5 if you set fuel to 50%, no need for wind. You have to be rather quick with the brakes and chute though. ;)

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

It's doable with the F-5 if you set fuel to 50%, no need for wind. You have to be rather quick with the brakes and chute though. ;)

wow I would really like to see it on youtube .... I am not even close of making it.

Viggen.

I think Vigen has reverse thrust right? I don`t have the aircraft but I am getting it at the next sale for sure. I just DO love that plane. This is another one I would like to see landing on that airfield in a clip.

Not a video, but I attatched a short track. As I said, 50% fuel no wind.

Don't mind me fooling around in the beginning, I cut the throttles too late initially so the approach was a bit fast and ugly. Landed a bit hot too but had plenty of runway left in the end.

Viggen is super easy with Thrust Reverser and Verlocity Vector to aim for the threshold. 100% fuel you don't even need half of the runway.

F-5 Sir Abu.trk

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Not a video, but I attatched a short track. As I said, 50% fuel no wind.

Don't mind me fooling around in the beginning, I cut the throttles too late initially so the approach was a bit fast and ugly. Landed a bit hot too but had plenty of runway left in the end.

Viggen is super easy with Thrust Reverser and Verlocity Vector to aim for the threshold. 100% fuel you don't even need half of the runway.

Just watched it.... quite impressive. I guess that perfect landing is necessary every time there. I would consider your touchdown perfect there and yeah like you said ... not much runway left. I guess I will forget about doing a full campaign based there LOLL

For the Viggen, it is kind of my mystical aircraft. I want it for so long but always find a way to get other aircraft during sale, but I think that this envy will get resolved at the next sale.

Finally getting the Viggen is definitely one of those Hellraiser:esque “and to think I hesitated” moments.

Some would argue that this is a poor simile, what with the guy having a hell-tentacle attached to his brain, and with eventually being torn to bits, but after diving into the procedures of the data panel and trying to figure out how to interpret and fly by the terrain avoidance radar, you'll come to realise that that's it's actually pretty accurate and just another part of the Viggen charm. :P

Also, more related to the PG map, it is definitely one that most clearly speaks to the Viggen's advantages and main role, so matching the two up can be really fun.

Edited by Tippis

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

• 2 months later...
Try landing an F5...

Is that even possible?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 1 month later...