Heatblur A-6 Intruder

Here's hoping they allow us to turn the A-6E into the KA-6D even if only rudimentary. After all, most, KA-6Ds where re-purposed A-6E.

Caveat:

Yes there are stark differences between the two, that doesn't change my desire for them to make it possible.

Sorry revelation, but your statement is not correct in any way. The D's came before the E's. They are not re-purposed E's at all. In fact the other way around. There were new build and rebuild A-6E's. Followed by TRAM updates, and many more. One of the largest improvements: a completely new composite re-wing program on the E's after multiple crashes lead to the discovery of fatigue and wing failures.

With all of this said, the press release states that they are doing both of the aircraft KA, and E- Tram as Ai of course.

-Woog

PLEASE, whoever is responsible to make this dream come true, let us have this beautiful aircraft from Heatblur as a full DCS level module, PLEASE! :thumbup::pilotfly::thumbup:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Sorry revelation, but your statement is not correct in any way. The D's came before the E's. They are not re-purposed E's at all. In fact the other way around. There were new build and rebuild A-6E's. Followed by TRAM updates, and many more. One of the largest improvements: a completely new composite re-wing program on the E's after multiple crashes lead to the discovery of fatigue and wing failures.

With all of this said, the press release states that they are doing both of the aircraft KA, and E- Tram as Ai of course.

-Woog

You think? The A-6E first hit service in 1970. In 1970 the Navy started transitioning from the KA-3B and EA-3B to the KA-6D. There were numerous A-6Es converted or repurposed for the role of the KA-6D.

I know fully well what the press release said. My point, however, was for a flyable KA-6D even if it is based on the A-6E and not fully modeled as a KA-6D.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

from my understanding the a-6 had a - back then - revolutinary synthetic terrain visualization display based on it's ground radar.

i could not find any further information on that however and no pictures or videos of the system in action.

has anyone of you some good info on the system, preferably with pictures or video?

Massively, massively excited at the prospect of HB potentially doing an Intruder. My absolute favourite aircraft, ever. Gonna try really hard not to get myself hyped up...

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

You think? The A-6E first hit service in 1970. In 1970 the Navy started transitioning from the KA-3B and EA-3B to the KA-6D. There were numerous A-6Es converted or repurposed for the role of the KA-6D.

I know fully well what the press release said. My point, however, was for a flyable KA-6D even if it is based on the A-6E and not fully modeled as a KA-6D.

While the KA-6D first hit the Fleet in 1970 as did the A-6E. It was my understanding that all 90 KA-6D's were rebuilt from A-6A airframes. While technically true, it turns out that 12 of the 90 were in fact A-6A's that had been early upgrades to the A-6E standard, prior to conversion to KA-6D. These were early "barebones" A-6E's that had not received the TRAM upgrades and such.

I would like to offer my Apologies to you Sir. I was mistaken.

-Woog

Ref: http://www.joebaugher.com/usattack/newa6_4.html

While the KA-6D first hit the Fleet in 1970 as did the A-6E. It was my understanding that all 90 KA-6D's were rebuilt from A-6A airframes. While technically true, it turns out that 12 of the 90 were in fact A-6A's that had been early upgrades to the A-6E standard, prior to conversion to KA-6D. These were early "barebones" A-6E's that had not received the TRAM upgrades and such.

I would like to offer my Apologies to you Sir. I was mistaken.

-Woog

Ref: http://www.joebaugher.com/usattack/newa6_4.html

No apologies are necessary; in fairness I thought I had read more of the KA-6Ds came from E's than actually happened.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I would cash out for an A6E. 100% sure.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I wonder if what kind of HUD does the A6-E has... If its not like those modern HUD that shows a lot of info, then Carrier landing should be so much fun, especially at night.:thumbup:

How did those WW2 and cold war pilots land at night times? I'm sure they had it extremely tough than the modern pilots with better HUD display aid.

Edited by jojyrocks

Heatblur A-6 Intruder

I wonder if what kind of HUD does the A6-E has... If its not like those modern HUD that shows a lot of info, then Carrier landing should be so much fun, especially at night.

How did those WW2 and cold war pilots land at night times? I'm sure they had it extremely tough than the modern pilots with better HUD display aid.

HUD? Call it „Gunsight“

It’s a heads down plane , build around the DIANE system with its big Radar eye in the nosecone. The natural habitat of the intruder is the pitch black night... sometimes with rain , the BN gives the cue , the pilot follows .

It’s slightly different then the modern jets

Edited by Einherjer

HUD? Call it „Gunsight“

It’s a heads down plane , build around the DIANE system with its big Radar eye in the nosecone. The natural habitat of the intruder is the pitch black night... sometimes with rain , the BN gives the cue , the pilot follows .

Interesting...

So carrier landing can be even more challenging and extra fun...:thumbup:

Hoping for more carrier jets, less modern like A4 Skyhawk or an F8 Crusader.

HUD? Call it „Gunsight“

i think besides it's cool looks, the direct flight control and it's bomb load, the DIANE is one of the greatest aspects of the a-6.

it must have been super space-agey for it's time, but is completely dated now, compared to modern concepts.

i've read that the system could show a synthetic 3d view of the terrain on a monitor, which - as i imagine - could then be used to actually fly the aircraft... like in a video game...

is this correct? i could not find further information or pcitures on that...

Heatblur A-6 Intruder

i think besides it's cool looks, the direct flight control and it's bomb load, the DIANE is one of the greatest aspects of the a-6.

it must have been super space-agey for it's time, but is completely dated now, compared to modern concepts.

i've read that the system could show a synthetic 3d view of the terrain on a monitor, which - as i imagine - could then be used to actually fly the aircraft... like in a video game...

is this correct? i could not find further information or pcitures on that...

Yes that’s correct, but ... do you remember this really old car racing games for the Gameboy? No real 3d , just different 2d layers in different green , some small some big . Great stuff for its time

666b414791aa9c6ab2ee00be57f65506.jpg

Ps: here you can see the screen, it’s a enhanced VSI with white puffy clouds and ovals on the ground

39c3333de02dfa5050d7f863de52fc40.jpg

983a109df18bfe19ae040c8781f76067.jpg

This comes close to the real one

e0a13015f22e3faae37f3c787ec0ec58.jpg

Pps: this shows the synthetic terrain with the cueing system.

It’s controlled by the BN

Not that easy to read at the beginning, it will surely make you sweat at your first nighttime canyon ride . No nightvision, just this gameboy graphics, controlled by a guy next to you on a mechanical computer that will freeze in every hairy situation ;)

Edited by Einherjer