Vibration pad/chair make it easier to fly?

If I don't have my jetseat on, flying feels completely empty for me meanwhile. No words - it's one of those things you have to try for yourself to know the difference. Many people say the same. Once you flew with it, you're hooked and don't want to miss it.

There are not many things we can do to increase our "butt feeling" and get feedback from the sim except visual and audio - at least not for an affordable amount of money. But this is definitely the best thing I bought to increase the immersion. Just firing a gun or dropping a bomb is so nice.

To some extend it also makes you a better pilot I would say. You have just one more channel of feedback in certain situations, e.g. how close you are to a stall. Also when you lower your flaps or extend the speed brake gives valuable additional input.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

If I don't have my jetseat on, flying feels completely empty for me meanwhile. No words - it's one of those things you have to try for yourself to know the difference. Many people say the same. Once you flew with it, you're hooked and don't want to miss it.

There are not many things we can do to increase our "butt feeling" and get feedback from the sim except visual and audio - at least not for an affordable amount of money. But this is definitely the best thing I bought to increase the immersion. Just firing a gun or dropping a bomb is so nice.

To some extend it also makes you a better pilot I would say. You have just one more channel of feedback in certain situations, e.g. how close you are to a stall. Also when you lower your flaps or extend the speed brake gives valuable additional input.

That much input? Making me ponder one now!

Well, don't take just my word for it. Read a bit through the feedback in this thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175028

I know, it's a lot :D

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

I have one of the Jetseat SE vibrating pads. It is clearly not a necessary item. I would probably mark it as the last item on the sim list to buy after HOTAS, MFDs, TrackIR, VR headset, etc. But once you have flown with it, you won't want to fly without it. It very much adds to immersion.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

I use two tactile transducers, they vibrate for my stick and peddles, it is nice to have some feedback from the aircraft, especially in VR.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Is there a systematic review on whats out there for this?

I'm not a pit builder guy, so I'd be looking to add something to a swivel chair or the like.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Is there a systematic review on whats out there for this?

I'm not a pit builder guy, so I'd be looking to add something to a swivel chair or the like.

You may be interested in this...

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4470069/fs-buttkicker-sim-kit#Post4470069

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

easier to fly? I would say yes definitely.

More enjoyable? 100% sure

Like others previously stated, there is no way Im flying or simracing if my ForceFeel is turned off.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Question: how much/hard/long did it take to make that simpit?
Learning all the aspects is only real "hard" part. That's version two in photo over last 5 yrs or so, done over spurts of time I can get to work on her, advancements and learning. Worth all the time and effort everytime I fly her for sure.

Like others use transducers and a PC amp along with good sound card to push quality sound bass to amp.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC]

a>

[/sIGPIC]

For helicopters and the Mig-21, something like the Gametrix Jetseat from Andre is essential!

I bought a Jetseat and VR headset after hearing Windy, a former RAF Tornado F3 pilot, comment that DCS with a VR headset and a jetseat was almost as good as flying the real thing. His biggest praise for the jetseat was that it let you feel your Angle of Attack. I agree! This is very useful and all but essential for flying the Mig-21.

Just the other day, Windy and a few of us were flying the F-14 and playing around. Windy took a hit from an IR SAM and began to RTB back to the carrier complaining of all sorts of problems. Suddenly, Windy exclaimed "Woah!" and a few moments later began to laugh. He explained that he'd just heard and felt something like an explosion that he immediately recognized as an engine surge. He went on to say that he forgot that he was playing a game for a few moments, as he'd experienced this in real life while flying his Tornado, and that it sounded and felt almost exactly like the real thing.

Things like the Jetseat or similar add a lot of the "feel" of flying to the sim.

Aries, that is an awesome story =)

@OP

I have a jetseat, too, and yeah, it absolutely makes flying easier and more fun. As a RL amateur pilot, the first time I flew, I noticed immediately how much physical feedback there is on even tiny movements. Something like Jetseat or Buttkicker, it can't give you inertia, but it CAN give you engine RPMs, stall shudder, battle damage feedback, and many other little 'tells'. Short of actual flight, it's as close as you can get to reality. I would say it's more valuable feedback than a full motion pit provides.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

For me the jetseat is essential . I use it since 2016 and remember that there was a little problem where i had to contact andre and wait over a week for a spare part. I could not enjoy flying dcs without the jetseat. So i prefered to stay grounded. Andre has the best service. It was a pleasure to see him searching for the problem by a lot of questions and many emails.

Ya'll are convincing me to buy one this October. It's on the books now.

Question, does this work in XPlane 11 too? My dad is primarily an XPlane VR Pilot. (And a RL pilot, sooo, immersion)

As far as I know, yes, both systems work with X-Plane.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

A few months back, I assembled two medium quality tactile transducers on my pit. Parts amounted to around 200$ and 4 hours work.

Contrary to others opinions, for me it helps me be a better pilot for two reasons:

- You feel when you are approaching the limit of the envelope for stalls / overg

- The increase in immersion helps me focus on the tasks to be done

Not sure about the jetseat experience as I've never tried it to compare. My transducers are powerful and I am running them nowhere near maximum. Also they seem very responsive so I can feel very subtle to very strong effects well blended together.

After a few weeks of use, one time I forgot to start the plugin before firing up DCS. It felt completely empty and lifeless. So the problem you are going to have is once you start down that route you will never be able to go back.

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

I have a similar opinion to many here.

While the experience won't necessarily be overwhelmingly awesome the first time you try it, it's really clear what it adds to the experience once you fly with it turned off.

It gives you at least some semblance of a "seat of the pants" feeling that so many say is the key part missing from flight simulators.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I am a fan of haptic, had it in my home theater and now I got a small subpac S2 (https://subpac.com/). Having owned very expensive buttkicker setups to $30 chinese transfucers, I found the subpac is a good alternative if looking for something pre built, under $300, great for music, and that can be mobile (backpack worn). I also share the nacked feeling, especially when I forget to turn the unit on and I am taking off with afterburners. It does make me a better pilot, in small part due to the feedback, in large part because it makes me want to fly more.

Definitely adds to the realism factor 10 fold.ec24608ba9f1e201f0afe0c397410c06.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Before spending money on your buttkicker/jetseats, you should think about adding some realism to your cockpit......oh wait! :D

Nice looking pit you have there! Kudos.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1