Question about Mig-21 Support

Saigon

Goodmorning everyone.

I bought the Mig 21 in March 2015 and I have used only this aircraft for almost 2 years, so I haven't used it for another 2 years and now I have tried to reuse it again. I noticed personally and I read here on the forum that there are still problems with the flight model and ASP as well as other small bugs.

What I'd like to know from those who are selling this product is if it's working to fix these problems.

I really liked this aircraft when it came out, but over time I noticed that the problems generally got worse and this was the reason why I stopped using it. it would be a real shame not to assist him because it remains a fascinating product.

Thank you,:bye_2:

Edited by Saigon

Intel I5-8600 3,1GHz. NVIDIA RTX2070 8GB DDR6. 32GB RAM DDR4. SSD 500GB. WIN 10.

Saiteck Rino x55, pedals, panels Switch,Radio,AP.Trackir 5,Leo Bodnar,Voice Attack.

Yes it is true, I agree with you. I am currently using MIG -21 with pleasure; but the flight model is not the maximum is very unstable and ASP is not correct. What I'd like to know is whether they're still working on fixing these problema or not. Thank you

Edited by Saigon

Intel I5-8600 3,1GHz. NVIDIA RTX2070 8GB DDR6. 32GB RAM DDR4. SSD 500GB. WIN 10.

Saiteck Rino x55, pedals, panels Switch,Radio,AP.Trackir 5,Leo Bodnar,Voice Attack.

FM is fine, verified by ED and stated complete by the developers multiple times, current post stall, and stall behavior are the result of available data or lack thereof.

Last statement on the ASP was that it’s rework is dependent on further documentation, yet to be acquired by the developers.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I was hoping instead that they were still working on the flight model including the stall. I find it very fluctuating. I remember that in the past they had developed better and more stable versions of FM, but I'm not a MIG pilot and this remains my opinion given by the feeling I have in flying it. In any case, I still love this plane. Thank you again, bye-bye.

I just did a test now. I put the ARU system on manual and set it to high speed at maximum, it was amazing. I performed attack maneuvers with a high coefficient G and the angle of attack hardly reached 30 (red), thus avoiding stalling. Invitation to try it. Returning it to Auto the sensitivity increases excessively and with little you exceed the angle limit and you immediately enter a stall. At this point I think I will always use it on Manual and high speed settings.

Neat. I'll have to try that setting on the ARU.

I don't find the MiG-21 stalls as heavily as it used to. It seems to hang on the edge a little easier than the Viggen, but I think the MiG has a higher thrust to weight and I don't think the engine is as prone to compressor stalls.

It seemed the MiG used to drop out of the sky once it reached critical speed, which I sort of expected with the plane barely having wings. But... it is hard for me to judge as I've changed joysticks since then and set a heavy sensitivity curve.

It doesn't seem too far off either way. It sits pretty close in performance to the F5E and Viggen, with some slightly different strengths and weaknesses when it comes to climb and turn.

M3 LLC has made a few updates since taking over, and from some of their forum posts it sounds like they are still working on still planning future updates.

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

Hi NakedSquirrel, yes, yesterday I did some quick tests with the ARU system putting it on manual with a maximum setting. As I said before, I was really surprised. it is as if it were a limiter of the angle of attack. It is thus possible to make tight and decisive turns without risking stalling with respect to the AUTO setting. Today I still try to see if it offers even greater pitch stability. I would like to have your feedback on the ARU system.

Edited by Saigon

t doesn't seem too far off either way. It sits pretty close in performance to the F5E and Viggen, with some slightly different strengths and weaknesses when it comes to climb and turn.

IMHO based my experiences the Mig-21bis is nothing like F-5 (that shares almost identical flight performance IRL) or Viggen.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

that shares almost identical flight performance IRL

Sorry but NO: IRL 21bis max 8g at 0.7M, IRL F-5E max 7.3g at 0.5M. Energy fighter vs angles fighter. Real trials of South Vietnamese F-5 in USSR proved that in a plain turn fight F-5 quickly out turns the MiG. That was a cold shower and led to the development of trapezoid highly mechanized wing and vortex generating wing roots.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Sorry but NO: IRL 21bis max 8g at 0.7M, IRL F-5E max 7.3g at 0.5M. Energy fighter vs angles fighter. Real trials of South Vietnamese F-5 in USSR proved that in a plain turn fight F-5 quickly out turns the MiG. That was a cold shower and led to the development of trapezoid highly mechanized wing and vortex generating wing roots.

That's how the MiG vs F5E feels in game at the moment.

Not identical, but close enough for a good dogfight :)

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3