Problems getting German fighters to attack US bomber group.

Harmer

Hi guys. This is driving me nuts. I've spent hours and hours trying to get a couple of German fighter units to attack a US bomber group on the Normandy map for a mission I'm making. The trigger spawn in zone is working great, but they just won't attack. Any help please?

Here are my settings - they seem logical to me but just don't work:

TASK - fighter sweep

WP ADVANCED

1. Fighter sweep - a

2. Formation - finger four

3. ROE - weapons free

4. Search then engage - bombers

(see image)

sPVUH9H.png

AI fighters can be incredibly passive. I found that they are more likely to attack if you assign them to engage specific groups under WP Advanced Actions.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Hi guys. This is driving me nuts. I've spent hours and hours trying to get a couple of German fighter units to attack a US bomber group on the Normandy map for a mission I'm making. The trigger spawn in zone is working great, but they just won't attack. Any help please?

Here are my settings - they seem logical to me but just don't work:

TASK - fighter sweep

WP ADVANCED

1. Fighter sweep - a

2. Formation - finger four

3. ROE - weapons free

4. Search then engage - bombers

(see image)

When this happens it is usually related to the detection capability of the fighters, they just aren't able to see their targets for numerous reasons.

1. The lower the skill level set for an aircraft affects their ability to detect enemy at range, so I always use "Excellent" other wise the are dumb as a brick and may not detect the presence of the bombers.

Find attach an example someone setup, set for AI fighters to engage bomber groups.

Learn by example is the best way.

Regards, Ian.

Bomberformation and attack.miz

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Well folks, I fixed it.

I tried to figure out what I had changed when I managed to get the 190s to attack when I first did the mission.

It was the cloud cover!

I had an early morning mission (04.30) with cloud 8/10th at 11,000', necessitating the bombers to bomb at 10,000'. When I changed the cloud cover to 9/10th was when the fighters stopped attacking.

How does that figure?