Through The Inferno - A randomized and endless task-based mission for DCS 1.5

Great server thanks. I fly Mi-8 and it's a lot of fun in this server.

Just a couple of issues:

Simple Radio frequency for helicopters is 43.000 MHz, however when I try to tune the R828 radio, preset 1 is below this frequency and preset 2 is above this frequency. There's no way to manually tune that I can see. I can eventually get it to 43.000 if I keep bracketing above and below and just tapping the tune button briefly (rather than letting it fully tune), but... very frustrating.

Is there a way to use arc-ud for CSAR? I saw in a tutorial on the radios that arc-9 is primarily used for beacon navigation, airfields etc. and it's the arc-ud that is for search and rescue.

Which channel should my R863 be on? Guard frequency?

Thanks again!

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you deadlyfishes for this awesome work!

A suggestion though, maybe for the default mission the L39 "IFR curtains" should not be there? It's a big visibility obstruction when in an attack mission. :)

Owned modules: P-47 | P-51D | Spitfire MkIX | I-16 | Bf 109 K-4 | Fw190 D-9 | Fw190 A-8 | Yak-52 | MiG-15 | F-86F | C-101 | A-10C | AJS-37 | L-39 | F-5E | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | F-14 | AV-8B Harrier II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | Ka-50 | SA342 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2.

Maps: Syria, Nevada TTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, & The Channel.

Hardware: GeForce 1080TI, I7 7700K, 32GB RAM.

https://www.lesirreductibles.com -

Hi guys,

I tried to fly the Huey and ever when I just takeoff the Huey vanish, if a take a Huey not leader I don't have problems.

Somebody has the same problem?

I have the same issue. At least with the gazelle, but probably with all the modules (not sure)

I spawn, start up the aircraft, select a mission and after a minute or two, the helicopter just disappears. If I go back with another aircraft, it's fine.

Yup same happens to me with the huey

Hey all,

Sorry for the issues here, but I'll try to look into this when things with our online server issues calm down a bit.

I can't help to urge you to just get on our TTI MP Server instead as it's the same experience but with other people around doing their own thing. There's much more to do and it's a safe place for new players to get into the game as well.

• Like 1

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

Hi,

i was trying with the Huey, got the same thing as others...maybe this helps finding the problem: at startup the wingman doesn't wait for you, but takes off (even without a task), and starts to fly slowly at another parking place, when it touches down , both the lead and wingman dissapears.

This mission is awesome.

Just one mission and i'm set to host for a group of friends for as long as we wont. No reloading and thinking what next. All fun and no trouble from now on.

I just came back to DCS after a long time and this kind of dynamic coop is a big revelation for me.

Thank You so very much.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys,

I tried to fly the Huey and ever when I just takeoff the Huey vanish, if a take a Huey not leader I don't have problems.

Somebody has the same problem?

I have the same issue. At least with the gazelle, but probably with all the modules (not sure)

I spawn, start up the aircraft, select a mission and after a minute or two, the helicopter just disappears. If I go back with another aircraft, it's fine.

Yup same happens to me with the huey

Hi,

i was trying with the Huey, got the same thing as others...maybe this helps finding the problem: at startup the wingman doesn't wait for you, but takes off (even without a task), and starts to fly slowly at another parking place, when it touches down , both the lead and wingman dissapears.

This issue was fixed in the latest update:

UPDATE 9/22/2017 A:

- Fixed an issue with despawning player vehicles when loading in

- Fixed an issue with enemies despawning when landing

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2140816/

This mission is awesome.

Just one mission and i'm set to host for a group of friends for as long as we wont. No reloading and thinking what next. All fun and no trouble from now on.

I just came back to DCS after a long time and this kind of dynamic coop is a big revelation for me.

Thank You so very much.

We highly urge you to join our dedicated MP server on the server list, should be listed as "THROUGH THE INFERNO - DYNAMIC DCS - 107th PUBLIC"

All other servers are not officially run and developed by myself and dev team/admins.

Let me know if you have any questions about this. You can also check out our TTI MP thread and website:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=185281

http://www.throughtheinferno.com

Hope to see you around!

"Through The Inferno"

It seems to me that air to air mix in single player is alot more difficult than on multiplayer server. (i tryed EASY setup)

For instance first mix in sigle player without wingman: 3 enemy fighters popped.

Second try 2 packages spawned: 4 fighters + 3 fighters and 1 bomber... I was like... WTF 7vs1 in a single player trip? Arcade ftw?

Usually on multiplayer i find just 3 enemy fighters or 3 bombers easy mix lead start.

Is there a way to teak this stuff?

Thanks.

btw the awaks stuff is amazing O_O

200m butterflier inside :harhar:

MERLO forever

It seems to me that air to air mix in single player is alot more difficult than on multiplayer server. (i tryed EASY setup)

For instance first mix in sigle player without wingman: 3 enemy fighters popped.

Second try 2 packages spawned: 4 fighters + 3 fighters and 1 bomber... I was like... WTF 7vs1 in a single player trip? Arcade ftw?

Usually on multiplayer i find just 3 enemy fighters or 3 bombers easy mix lead start.

Is there a way to teak this stuff?

Thanks.

btw the awaks stuff is amazing O_O

Yeah it's not supposed to spawn two groups unless you asked for two.

It's best with co-op with for more than one mission.

You can edit the air groups in the miz editor, as long as you don't add new groups or anything or change any group names, it should be okay to mess with it.

"Through The Inferno"

Any chance we can get the CV back. Tried out the new SU-33 the last couple nights and you start in the air :(

This is what happens when you run the 1.5.7 Beta on our server.

The server runs on the 1.5.7 Public/Stable.

The carrier and Su-33 will function properly once the Beta version moves to stable/public.

"Through The Inferno"

This is what happens when you run the 1.5.7 Beta on our server.

The server runs on the 1.5.7 Public/Stable.

The carrier and Su-33 will function properly once the Beta version moves to stable/public.

Ah, thanks !! Forgot I am running beta :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

I love that Mission !

Great thanks to all those guys doing the ATC's-great job!

BTW can i join or get some Training for the ATC Communication? i really like to jump in and help out with ATCing, i t would improve my English and of course the whole Flight-Terminology.

Just hit me ingame (Nickname Evilfisher 1-1) or pm me in the forum.

Are those Guys using an extra software with an ATC GUI the have a better overview?

Greetings from Evilfisher

hey hey. playing around with this and loving it so far.

quick question: can you change how many troops are spawned in the helos? i ask because right now its 8, but when i play with the Mi-8 I can fit way more and would like to max her out. is that number customizable or able to be modified somehow?

thanks!

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Hey everyone! Please checkout the original post on this thread.

I've completely re-worked Through The Inferno from the ground up, basically re-creating it from scratch with a much better menu system and a much better dynamic ground target and air to air spawning system. Check it out now!

"Through The Inferno"

hey hey. playing around with this and loving it so far.

quick question: can you change how many troops are spawned in the helos? i ask because right now its 8, but when i play with the Mi-8 I can fit way more and would like to max her out. is that number customizable or able to be modified somehow?

thanks!

I changed the value in the CTLD script to 20 in the latest version. It was set to 10 originally. Let me know if it works. The latest version as of now is 1.03

"Through The Inferno"

I changed the value in the CTLD script to 20 in the latest version. It was set to 10 originally. Let me know if it works. The latest version as of now is 1.03

i shall try it out right now

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

just loaded an anti-tank squad into my Huey and then checked the cargo. it says:

"8 troops on board"

does this seem correct? i'll check the Mi-8 next.

edit: checked Mi-8 and it still says "8 troops on board" as well. how can i have it load 20 troops?

also, whats the difference between spawning A2G Easy and A2G Helo? they both seem to spawn fuel trucks, APCs, and Tanks?

Edited by dresoccer4