A-7 by RAZBAM confirmed!

MrDieing

Are they doing a USN variant or an USAF/Greek variant?

They are doing the A-7E, which is the USN variant.

• Like 1

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately we are still at least two years away...

Unfortunately yes, but patience is a good thing I suppose. Lovely signature picture by the way, I was at Araxos back in 2014 when the HAF said goodbye to the mighty Corsair.

Also, when more information becomes available in due time, I will update the main post with it to have a overview of what we know etc.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

• 5 weeks later...
One thing I wonder, back then when talking about the Corsair, they have said module would include A-7D and A-7E, in this post they only say A-7E. Wonder if it'll be both or only one version.

This is probably the module that is most interesting for me in Razbam's list.

Will be great to have both

I'm a fighter jock at heart, but I enjoy about as much taking a bomb dropper and throwing thousands of pounds of explosive at bad guys on the ground. One thing that will have me wetting myself is if I can fly an A-7 over target, unload, and then hop into a combat vehicle - jet autopilot RTB or whatever - and finish off the enemy. Besides all the other improvements in DCS coming along, I'm really looking forward to the upgrade in Combat Arms.

Hoping an A-7D will be in the package too. I'm also an Air Force brat at heart. :smilewink:

Team Red wish MiG-23/27, Su-17/22, Su-24, Su-30 C, Yak-130, Tu-16, Tu-95, Tu-22M

Team Blue want AH-1W, AH-64, Alphajet, A-4, Jaguar, Tornado, F-16, A-6, A-7, F-111, F-15E, B-52, B-1B

So did the USAF towards the end, they were all with ANG units though.

Not quite “all”. There is always the exception to the rule...

The 4450th flew at least 2 A-7Ks along with a compliment of A-7Ds during the 80s... far less conspicuous than the squadrons OTHER assigned aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I'm a fighter jock at heart, but I enjoy about as much taking a bomb dropper and throwing thousands of pounds of explosive at bad guys on the ground. One thing that will have me wetting myself is if I can fly an A-7 over target, unload, and then hop into a combat vehicle - jet autopilot RTB or whatever - and finish off the enemy. Besides all the other improvements in DCS coming along, I'm really looking forward to the upgrade in Combat Arms.

Hoping an A-7D will be in the package too. I'm also an Air Force brat at heart. :smilewink:

Sounds like you are describing Battlefield.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

Not quite “all”. There is always the exception to the rule...

The 4450th flew at least 2 A-7Ks along with a compliment of A-7Ds during the 80s... far less conspicuous than the squadrons OTHER assigned aircraft.

I meant the E model, some ANG units got several ex-USN A-7Es as the Navy sunsetted them. But yeah the 4450th did have a large collection of A-7's.

Thank goodness... This jet was the F-16 before the F-16... This jet was so advance... It too bad that they did not build... Start your studying now...

To bad the Airforce did not build the YA-7F...

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

No reason to build the YA-7F when you already had the F-16C and F-15E that could do a great job in the strike role but still be great in air-to-air as well. The collapse of the Berlin Wall, reunification of Germany, and official end of the Cold War certainly didn't help with acquisitions of any new military hardware. Cost effective or not, I always loved the SLUF and would loved to have seen the A-7F become a reality. My initials happen to be SLF ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is true... But as a bomb truck she would be unmatched... this is now the Role of the F-35 as the 35 will never really see F-16 or F-15E like front line fighting... But as a JDAM carrier the A-7 would be cheaper per unit and just as capable in that role (Bomb Truck) not interdiction strike in a High threat environment.

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

This is true... But as a bomb truck she would be unmatched... this is now the Role of the F-35 as the 35 will never really see F-16 or F-15E like front line fighting... But as a JDAM carrier the A-7 would be cheaper per unit and just as capable in that role (Bomb Truck) not interdiction strike in a High threat environment.

Did you just suggest that there is another jet as capable at being a 'bomb truck' than an E-model? :megalol:

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I can`t do it for you, but I support your search for someone to bring it to the sim as soon as possible.;)

(Nice work btw.)

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Is that the Tamiya or Hasegawa kit? I have the Hasagawa in 1/48, never got around to building it yet, what with my DCS habit and all......anyways, looks like a nice representation there Bub!!

SLUF life!!!!

Edited by Robert31178
Dumb thumbs and poor spell check management....

Very unhappy with this model's quality, especially the cockpit. Definitely not worth it's price.

I had to improvise a lot in order to remedy various inconsistencies compared to the actual bird and achieve this result.

Thank you, I am happy you like it.

http://www.hobbyboss.com/index.php?g=home&m=product&a=show&id=589&l=en

I've had good and bad luck with HB's kits, but yes their cockpits are consistently lacking. I build a 1/48 scale Jug and I had to raid my spare parts box enough to call my finished model a frankenplane lol......i pretty much stick to Trumpeter, Academy, Tamiya, Fujiyama, and Hasagawa these days unless Revell drops a particularly juicy remake of an older rare kit. (They do engraved panel lines now!!)

I know, back on topic.....sorry!! Obviously I'm a very excited little guy about SLUF. I don't wanna wait RAZBAM, I will, but I don't wanna.....

~Rob