Guide to how to talk on the Radio?

melchionda

Now that I'm getting proficient flying the A10 by myself on solo missions I'm interesting in joining some multiplayer servers, but dont want to screw up too badly and look like a complete idiot...

A few things I worry about...

1.) Getting "in the way" of someone else.

2.) Taking off or landing at the wrong time or in the wrong direction

3.) Boadcasting my Comms menu voice commands across the whole multi-player server.

I'm interested in three things....

1.) A good guide on how to talk on the radio? Specifcally something that could be downloaded?

2.) Maps of all of the airports? When I spawn at a new airport I cant every find my way out to the runway.

3.) Automatic kneeboard gnerator with the airport map, radio frequencies, tacan settings... etc? (IS thee such a thing?)

Sean

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

2.) Taking off or landing at the wrong time or in the wrong direction

2.) Maps of all of the airports? When I spawn at a new airport I cant every find my way out to the runway.

3.) Automatic kneeboard gnerator with the airport map, radio frequencies, tacan settings... etc? (IS thee such a thing?)

Sean

Using the ATC should perhaps make sure you are using the active runway although I don’t know how many other players online will be doing the same.

The F10 map should show you your location on the ground

The knee board (K plus Shift [ and ] )has maps etc for all the air bases, you can click on them in the F10 map as well.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Four Simple Steps To Effective Radio Use:

1) Who You’re Calling (Vaziani Tower, Nellis Ground, etc.)

2) Who You Are (Falcon 1 .. 1 F-16C, Hawg 3, two A-10s, etc.)

3) Where You Are (Hardstand Parking, 10 miles south, SE EOR, etc.)

4) What You Want To Do / What You're Doing (Taxiing to Runway 3L, Inbound to land, Downwind Runway 13, etc.)

“Mic Fright” can be overcome by saying what you want to say to yourself and then key the mic and say what you just said.

Nobody expects you to be perfect, but if you check off some version of the necessary info as laid out above, you’ll be way ahead of the bulk of online flyers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com