Which F-104 versions would we all like to see?

jojyrocks

Which F-104 versions would we all like to see?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which F-104 versions would we all like to see?

• F-104C (Seen combat)
    • F- 104G ( Produced more and with SOME modernity)
    • F-104S ( More modern and had entered good production too)

Regarding the Interview done by Grim Reapers with ED. They did say they don't have much plans of any COLD WAR centric jets. Still, they did note the fame of planes like F-104. But did not seem keen on F-100 or F-101 Voodoo.

So, there is a CHANCE for F-104 to be at least considered by third party given its fame with setting records, favoured by NASA, seen some conflicts etc...

So here, I'd be setting a short poll to see what POSSIBLE F-104 versions would we all like to see and are more interested in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK, good idea.

Since you are asking all and not only those who are interested, I will be the first to say NOPE, I am NOT interested in any F-10x and I am glad ED isn't either.

At the same time, it does not bother me one bit if others are and that's absolutely lovely.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

OK, good idea.

Since you are asking all and not only those who are interested, I will be the first to say NOPE, I am NOT interested in any F-10x and I am glad ED isn't either.

At the same time, it does not bother me one bit if others are and that's absolutely lovely.

They did HINT interest in the F-104...just not the others.

So you just typed in to say...nope? :noexpression: Why even reply at all?

This is a wish-list section, is it not?

Oh, and just for clarifications...I had included the F-104S with the cannon option variant...forgot to add that in. All the options you see are cannon capable. We all like flexibility in case our old school missiles fail.

Edited by jojyrocks

Definitely the G, as it is the most proliferated variant with over 1,000 units build. Additionally it's a pretty versatile variant with fighter-bomber capabilities.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

G + howling sound.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

How bout none : Starfighters, while interesting aircraft, were really crap warplanes. Their chief distinction being one of the only planes to be retired, not from obsolescence, but because they crashed them all. I'd rather resources be put to something more useful.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

While I would not be interested in a F104 I could understand how this airplane could be of interest to many just so they can experience for them selves why they were so difficult to fly. Perhaps that would help understand better why it was called the Widow maker.

I also find it interesting that there is very little interest in the F-100 in this community where by comparison the Hund is one of the top requested models in the RC community.

Absolutely the -G. It was miles ahead of the -C as a strike aircraft, and the (early) -S wasn't that big of an improvement as an interceptor. It was also the most versatile of the bunch.

How bout none : Starfighters, while interesting aircraft, were really crap warplanes. Their chief distinction being one of the only planes to be retired, not from obsolescence, but because they crashed them all. I'd rather resources be put to something more useful.

lolno

While I would not be interested in a F104 I could understand how this airplane could be of interest to many just so they can experience for them selves why they were so difficult to fly. Perhaps that would help understand better why it was called the Widow maker.

I also find it interesting that there is very little interest in the F-100 in this community where by comparison the Hund is one of the top requested models in the RC community.

The exotic missile with tiny wings look. It also had seen combat, More with the PAF and some with USAF. The plane was also used by NASA and has set many records. Got good sales than the "Hun" too. That exotic engine howl and the lovely chance to see how it lands.

You can't deny the plane is exotic, shaped like a missile.

The other interesting Cold war plane that comes to mind is the F-105 Thunderchief, if anyone loves ground pounding and early era SAM hunting. But no Vietnam map....

Problem with this poll is what question posted was what version would we all like to see assumes that there's even a consensus of interest in this series in the first place. Should be a button to vote "none"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

G because they were more proliferated. Would love to see them alongside a Germany/Baltic Map.

And for me, sometimes the quirks, difficulties and challenges that a module brings makes it more rewarding when you get it right. Also, you actually have to fly the thing.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

G because they were more proliferated. Would love to see them alongside a Germany/Baltic Map.

And for me, sometimes the quirks, difficulties and challenges that a module brings makes it more rewarding when you get it right. Also, you actually have to fly the thing.

Yes ED did hint of the interest in F-104 during the interview. They did note the fame of F-104...that exotic design and the records it achieved...