DCS 2.7 shader edits

MUSTANG - is FAST!   LoL..   

Removing the firevehicle.lua is cleanest way indeed.  I am lazy - I Install Better Smoke last and let it overwrite the firevehicle.lua from this most excellent Adjusted Shadders Mod.  

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

gracias!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

• 2 weeks later...

Wow just wow!

In VR with reverb g2 the colours are brilliant !

One issue i am finding is the water (river/seas).

When I turn my head any area with water, the texture is changing between water and land (like its flashing if that makes sense?).

What could be causing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/27/2020 at 3:41 PM, Gripes323 said:

Yea, that's the aforementioned 'spider'.  A scene of intense battle over a year ago:

1 hour ago, mtd2811 said:

Wow just wow!

In VR with reverb g2 the colours are brilliant !

One issue i am finding is the water (river/seas).

When I turn my head any area with water, the texture is changing between water and land (like its flashing if that makes sense?).

What could be causing this?

You might be able to limit it somewhat by adjusting your gamma settings... But at least for me, it's impossible to get rid of. Especially bad on the Persian Gulf map if I'm anywhere below say 1000 feet.

Don't know why my last post included a quote from a completely diff topic 😕

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

You might be able to limit it somewhat by adjusting your gamma settings... But at least for me, it's impossible to get rid of. Especially bad on the Persian Gulf map if I'm anywhere below say 1000 feet.
Don't know why my last post included a quote from a completely diff topic

Thanks

It gives me an IC error for watercompose.hlsl

Weird thing is if I try an MP server which doesnt require IC the water is fine.

If i go say to TTI servers the water is flashing as noted in my previous post.

I am confused.com :)

As far as I know, water flashing on PG is due to some fog setting on the map. Unfortunately don't know exactly which one. You could try something moth the mission editor. Also happens to people without this mod and, don't know if it's related, also happens in at least another game, still with water surfaces. Out of curiosity, which GPU you have?

As far as I know, water flashing on PG is due to some fog setting on the map. Unfortunately don't know exactly which one. You could try something moth the mission editor. Also happens to people without this mod and, don't know if it's related, also happens in at least another game, still with water surfaces. Out of curiosity, which GPU you have?

Havent tried PG yet! :)

I have a 3080 with the latest drivers

15 hours ago, mtd2811 said:

Thanks

It gives me an IC error for watercompose.hlsl

Weird thing is if I try an MP server which doesnt require IC the water is fine.

If i go say to TTI servers the water is flashing as noted in my previous post.

I am confused.com 🙂

The watercompose.hlsl IC fail trigger will only happen the once after installing the mod, as mentioned in earlier posts, subsequent loadings will be ok.

1 minute ago, Megalax said:

After the latest update, DCS no longer loads with this mod applied.

Could take up to 10 minutes... will be another delay per map and airframe.

--Arthur C Clark

you may need to uninstall the mod, repair DCS and the reinstall the mod, if you didnt use something like OvGME or similar to manage your mods

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I have seen DCS take a good few minutes when starting up for the first time after an update or changes to graphics settings via Mods.

• I will sometimes display the contents of the fxo and metashaders2 folders in my Saved Games.
  • If I see files being updated or created with very current timestamps, I know that DCS is still rebuilding FXO and Metashaders in the background.
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

hey @Mustang You're a god as far as all these shaders and textures go in my book 😉

Any chance you know how to get DCS to use a single shadow LOD? For example, when flying in close formation with a wingman, their shadow under their wings, keeps switching between the high and next level down LOD, over and over and over and it really breaks the immersion.

The same thing is true when you're flying close to the ground, I often see half of my helicopters shadow in a high LOD, and the other half in a low LOD, sometimes only half a shadow!

Thanks for all your hard work!

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So this can't be installed into the Saved Games\Bazaar folder?  Thanks for any info.
Not 100% sure, but personally I use OVGME and overwrite main install folder files . I'm sure someone else may have a definitive answer re Saved Games install, but I suspect the answer is no.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Thanks Mustang for your work.
I've a question.

I understood that it changes visible range to Extreme 2x.
If I change 'Visib. Range' in game options, will be any difference in visibility and fps or not?

I used to play with 'Extreme' Visib. Range but I noticed fps drops since I installed your mod so I wonder if I change in game options Visib. Range to High/Ultra but with your mod, will be there any changes?

Edited by Valium

3 hours ago, Valium said:

Thanks Mustang for your work.
I've a question.

I understood that it changes visible range to Extreme 2x.
If I change 'Visib. Range' in game options, will be any difference in visibility and fps or not?

I used to play with 'Extreme' Visib. Range but I noticed fps drops since I installed your mod so I wonder if I change in game options Visib. Range to High/Ultra but with your mod, will be there any changes?

Hi, this mod package does nothing to affect visibility range, that is separate and performed via the graphics.lua/terrainoptions41.lua files, none of which are included in this mod.

• Like 1