43" 4k displays

I'd be curious if any members are running DCS on either of the two 43" displays offered up by Asus and Acer?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Ryzen 3900X, ASROCK X570 Phantom, RTX-2080TI, 32 gigs Ram, TM Warthog HOTAS, ELGATO 4k capture, AOC 32 & 35" 1440P displays, Rift S

I’ve been using the Asus ROG Strix XG438Q since February. In the past I’ve used 58”, 55” and 50” 4K monitors but for my cockpit setup, with the approximately 3 ft that I sit away from the monitor, I’m finding that 43” feels the most natural and comfortable.

I went for this G-Sync-compatible monitor because even with my 2080 Ti, I wasn’t sure I’d always be able to maintain 60 FPS and thus didn’t want to rely on traditional V-Sync to get rid of tearing. Whether that feature alone is worth the extra price is likely highly dependent upon the buyer; for me it was.

I will say, though, that it seems to lack the brightness / vibrancy that you’d get in say an OLED. Again for me this is currently a tolerable tradeoff though.

I've been using a 43" Samsung 4K TV for 1.5 years. Works great with ArmA3 and the other pancake mode games. (Only fly VR with DCS). :-)

No lag with Doom, RDR2, or some of the other popular games. 4K TV's have been solid, and a bit cheaper... :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I appreciate the replies and shared experiences.

I fly VR mainly in DCS and use my LG C9 when I want to screen fly, however that TV is across the room and presents a few logistical challenges when I do..

It would be nice to have a large screen on my desk to use DCS from when I didn't want to use VR hence my questions about the Acer and Asus 43" VA panels.

I've read the reviews and looked at the common complaints on the two displays. I did get to see the Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ at my local Microcenter. Nice size, I didn't not see issues with blurry text while I fiddled with it but without getting to run any games on it, specifically DCS I couldn't look into the ghosting issues that many reviewers mention.

Ryzen 3900X, ASROCK X570 Phantom, RTX-2080TI, 32 gigs Ram, TM Warthog HOTAS, ELGATO 4k capture, AOC 32 & 35" 1440P displays, Rift S