Download DCS with Mac while waiting for Gaming PC to arrive ?

Frood

Hi there !

After a "gaming-break" of 25 years I´m back... Configured me a nice gamingPC with Thrustmasters Warthog Hotas and pedals and a Valve Index.

Waiting for the stuff to arrive, I´m reading manuals and forum-discussions, trying to get an overview about all this.... man.....1 million questions and things to do...

Is it possible to purchase and download all software (dcs world 2.5, v16c, nevada map) right now with my iMac and transfer it via usb-hdd to the pc later ?

Thanks for your help,

Frood

Is it possible to purchase and download all software (dcs world 2.5, v16c, nevada map) right now with my iMac and transfer it via usb-hdd to the pc later ?

The easy way is just wait a bit more, on top of the 25 years it would be almost nothing. But answering your question, yes, it is possible to do what you want ... there are two ways:

1) Use an emulator, like Parallels, to create a Virtual Machine with Windows where you can install DCS ... tough most likely the game won't run on the VM, just install.

2) Use Apple's Bootcamp to separate a part of the Mac hard drive, where you can install Windows and DCS onto it. This is not emulation, so depending on the actual RAM and GPU that your iMac has, DCS may be able to run:

picture.php?albumid=1298&pictureid=8479

Regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Eduardo, thanks a lot for the quick response!

Nice thrustlever! I haven´t found an f16-throttle yet. who built it? where is it from?

Actually, I just wanted to download without installing or playing.

Again: Thanks !

Eduardo, thanks a lot for the quick response!

You are welcome :thumbup:

Nice thrustlever! I haven´t found an f16-throttle yet. who built it? where is it from?

It's a Thrustmaster Cougar, I purchased it on New York on 2003 .. I'm still happy with it, so haven't tought of replacing it with a new one ... I have a small stash of spare parts, so I expect to keep using it for a few more years :)

Actually, I just wanted to download without installing or playing.

OK, tell us how it went .. here is a Guide on installing Bootcamp:

https://www.imore.com/how-install-windows-your-mac-boot-camp

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Just bought that cougar-throttle with the stick at an auction on ebay !megalol.gif

thanks, eduardo! 2hrs ago, I didn´t know, that it exists!

okay, paganus: thanks to you too! looks like, I have to wait.

nice weekend to everybody !

Just bought that cougar-throttle with the stick at an auction on ebay !megalol.gif

thanks, eduardo! 2hrs ago, I didn´t know, that it exists!

:thumbup: on a used Hotas it is likely that its potentiometers will be worn .. if you need replacements, there are some better-than-new, made by a user of this Forum ... here is a review:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=225733