Rearm Units

-BENDER-

Bump. Combined arms is fun until you run out of ammo. Is there a truck that can be placed nearby to player controlled units to allow for re-arming?

Also, does anyone know if AI controlled units have the same ammo limitations as player units? If a player uses all of a unit's ammo, then relinquishes control of that unit to the AI does the AI magically rearm itself?

My Artillery and Tunguskas are reloading fine, using the same vehicles for re-supp that have always applied:

M818 for West

Ural375 for East

Tunguskas missiles take 10mins or so to reload. Tunguska cannon takes 40odd minutes it seems

Edited by chokko

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have not been able to refuel and reload with weaponry with fueltruck in a Bradly or other tank. Im kind of curious what the intention should be on this point. What should beworking?

Are vehicles running out of gas?! Did not know that was possible.

I'm not actually sure how re-arming works for ground units, or even if it's currently possible. I've asked the question so hopefully I or someone else will have an answer soon.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Currently re-arming for player controlled vehicles is the same as for AI ground units, i.e. a unit will be re-armed after 60 minutes. Trucks etc have no effect.

Hopefully a re-arm feature of some sort will be added at some point.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• 2 weeks later...

Well, hopefully that will be changed. Russian doctrine indicates that they shoot several missiles at once to increase the chance of hitting the target, same as the fast air, one of the reason why they carry more missiles than US aircraft. It'll suck if you shoot all your missiles off and then you are useless for an hour. When I was a gunner on the ADATS, we could do a full reload of 8 missiles, including the NVTS in 15 minutes.

I had an idea for setting up units with reloads during a mission - In the editor, instead of adding extra trucks to a squad, there'd simply be a slider with how many full-magazine reloads you wanted that group to have, and trucks would be added automatically to hold it as the "volume" increased. You could then move the trucks where you wanted as normal.

Something else that might be useful is for MRLS fire missions to have an option to set how many rockets out of the total you wanted to fire in each attack, instead of having it just fire till it runs out or you click stop, since usually you'll want to go deal with some other part of the battle in the minutes it's setting up, and all of the rockets is usually overkill. I suppose it'd be useful for regular artillery, too - Maybe a little box showing the number of shells remaining, and a slider you can pull back down if you want it to stop after X number of shots.

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

• 3 weeks later...

Is that 60 minutes set in stone? If it was changed to 30 minutes or less without adding any other requirements it would be a bit better for gameplay IMO. That way you could send them out of harms way for a shorter period and be able to have them rejoin the fight somewhere much sooner..

Hmm pretty sure I saw a SA9 that was back firing missiles in 15 minutes or so.

Look in World/Scripts/Database/Vehicles .lua files and they will tell you everything you need to know about the ammo capacity, min., max. distance, re-load time, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can not find the reload time in the SAMs .lua

-- SAM 'TOR' 9A331

GT = {};

GT_t.ws = 0;

set_recursive_metatable(GT, GT_t.generic_track_IFV);

set_recursive_metatable(GT.chassis, GT_t.CH_t.MTT);

GT.visual.shape = "9a331";

GT.visual.shape_dstr = "9a331_p_1";

--chassis

GT.swing_on_run = false;

GT.animation_arguments.locator_rotation = 11;

GT.snd.radarRotation = "RadarRotation";

GT.radar_rotation_period = 1.0;

GT.toggle_alarm_state_interval = 10.0;

GT.sensor = {};

GT.sensor.max_range_finding_target = 25000;

GT.sensor.min_range_finding_target = 500;

GT.sensor.max_alt_finding_target = 8000;

GT.sensor.min_alt_finding_target = 20;

GT.sensor.height = 5.118;

--Burning after hit

GT.visual.fire_size = 1.0; --relative burning size

GT.visual.fire_pos[1] = 0; -- center of burn at long axis shift(meters)

GT.visual.fire_pos[2] = 0; -- center of burn shift at vertical shift(meters)

GT.visual.fire_pos[3] = 0; -- center of burn at transverse axis shift(meters)

GT.visual.fire_time = 1000; --burning time (seconds)

-- weapon systems

GT.WS = {};

GT.WS.maxTargetDetectionRange = 25000;

GT.WS.radar_type = 104;

GT.WS.radar_rotation_type = 1;

local ws = GT_t.inc_ws();

GT.WS[ws] = {};

GT.WS[ws].pointer = "POINT_View";

GT.WS[ws].center = "CENTER_TOWER";

GT.WS[ws].drawArgument1 = 0;

GT.WS[ws].drawArgument2 = 1;

GT.WS[ws].angles = {

{math.rad(180), math.rad(-180), math.rad(-4), math.rad(85)},

};

GT.WS[ws].omegaY = math.rad(30);

GT.WS[ws].omegaZ = math.rad(40);

GT.WS[ws].pidY = {p=20,i=0.1,d=6, inn = 2};

GT.WS[ws].pidZ = {p=20,i=0.1,d=3, inn = 3};

GT.WS[ws].reference_angle_Y = math.pi;

GT.WS[ws].mount_before_move = true;

__LN = add_launcher(GT.WS[ws], GT_t.LN_t._9A330);

__LN.BR = {

{connector_name = 'POINT_ROCKET_01',drawArgument = 4},

{connector_name = 'POINT_ROCKET_02',drawArgument = 5},

{connector_name = 'POINT_ROCKET_03',drawArgument = 6},

{connector_name = 'POINT_ROCKET_04',drawArgument = 7},

{connector_name = 'POINT_ROCKET_05',drawArgument = 18},

{connector_name = 'POINT_ROCKET_06',drawArgument = 19},

{connector_name = 'POINT_ROCKET_07',drawArgument = 27},

{connector_name = 'POINT_ROCKET_08',drawArgument = 28},

};

__LN.customViewPoint = { "genericMissile", {-0.5, 0, 0 }, };

__LN = nil;

GT.Name = "Tor 9A331";

GT.DisplayName = _("SAM SA-15 Tor 9A331");

GT.Rate = 25;

GT.Sensors = { OPTIC = {"generic SAM search visir"}, RADAR = GT.Name, };

GT.DetectionRange = GT.sensor.max_range_finding_target;

GT.ThreatRange = GT.WS[1].LN[1].distanceMax;

GT.mapclasskey = "P0091000087";

GT.attribute = {wsType_Ground,wsType_SAM,wsType_Radar_Miss,Tor_,

"AA_missile",

"SR SAM",

"SAM SR",

"SAM TR",

"RADAR_BAND1_FOR_ARM",

};

GT.category = "Air Defence";

Anybody know where it is?

I think it goes like this:

If you look in 2P25 KUB LN.lua, you will see line 47 has an add_launcher for GT_t.LN_t._2P25.

If you look in missile.lua, you will see the entries that define the GT_t.LN_t._2P25. You will also see various launchers have a really long reload_time with a comment that it equates to never. You will see at the top commented defaults. The default reload_time being 3600 which I guess is an hour.

Conclusion: GT_t.LN_t._2P25 has no reload_time so must be default of one hour?

I think it goes like this:

If you look in 2P25 KUB LN.lua, you will see line 47 has an add_launcher for GT_t.LN_t._2P25.

If you look in missile.lua, you will see the entries that define the GT_t.LN_t._2P25. You will also see various launchers have a really long reload_time with a comment that it equates to never. You will see at the top commented defaults. The default reload_time being 3600 which I guess is an hour.

Conclusion: GT_t.LN_t._2P25 has no reload_time so must be default of one hour?

Thanks for your answer

I like to have a list of reload time for each unit, or indicator of remaining time for complete the reload.