Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 2

gregzagk

Sooooooooo...

There I was...flying around Sochi, looking for ground targets that weren't already smoking and waiting for helos to arrive when suddenly, up pops a message saying Scochi is 100% repaired and the SA-11 site that SECONDS BEFORE was a smoking ruins is instantly alive and well and FLIPPING MISSILES AT ME!

How about setting an appropriate delay between the time the base is repaired and the time the SAMs go active to allow people a chance to egress to a safe distance.

The time between the groups repair is set to 20-30 minutes. Please check the pdf also for more details .

From what you say I understand that you were destroying the tanks group but the ewr and Sam were previously destroyed. So they got repaired as you were striking the others.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember this incident. There was someone moving units near sochi, I checked at the time. Sadly many people don't observe rules and I suggest enforcement is required.

After some time, with no players leaving, the issue resolved itself. Now I think most of us troubleshoot this way above code level, it's our experiences and observations. But I have to say I've come round to the moving units thing and away from the latency issue. 400 should be fine as long as it's smooth. I'd prefer a 400 ping target vs a 150 one on WiFi that has a weak CPU and alt tabs a lot.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

My last Ping in server browser is 380 or so... I think is a server from Mars :D. Seriously, the max ping setting should be enforce only if it is meaningful.

Same as the lives per day... I barely have time to fly once or two... I can sell mine I suppose :D.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

This is the Russian version of our pdf guide for the second round of Operation "Blue Flag":

LINK: http://www.foinikas.org/ftp/public/DCS_World/Briefings/Buddy%20Spike/SOP_BLUE_FLAG_Round_2_RU.pdf

*Huge thanks to [HA]CiberAlex & [HA]Sonic for their kindly offer to translate it for the Russian community.

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

The time between the groups repair is set to 20-30 minutes. Please check the pdf also for more details .

From what you say I understand that you were destroying the tanks group but the ewr and Sam were previously destroyed. So they got repaired as you were striking the others.

Greg

Well, yeah I get that...my point is I KNOW to stay out of SA-11 range when they are alive...and I know what they look like dead. When one basically spawn under you and starts shooting its kinda unfair...:music_whistling:

Mind you...I'm not mad...just curious if it could be done.

Gary

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Unfair is flying without anyone on the red side fighting at night.

Very fun to play 17 vs 0.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I'll be right in...I got a score to settle with Sochi.

:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I agree.

I have been thinking, how about making a sort of balancing system?

I.e. so that the server is in pause until at least 5 players on either side is present?

And maybe likewise, too big discrepancy between the sides does the same?

(Of course taking into account the status of how many bases either side has.)

But I believe it would provide a better game.

Whole day yesterday and the day before, I saw a very even fight, even with differences in the numbers.

But that was of course in the weekend.

Wake up this morning and check, and again, all of the east and the center is blue.

Even if I was on blue, I would think that was no fun.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

I can't access english version of the pdf it gets me to: http://www.foinikas.org/index.php?

is it just me?

---

how about stronger air defenses so the players role will be a bit minimized in cases of heavy unbalance?

----

I can't wait for DCS 1.5 new net code... maybe then the server can increase to 128 players (dreaming) so I can join. 2 consecutive nights and it was full in the period I could play... :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Wake up this morning and check, and again, all of the east and the center is blue.

Even if I was on blue, I would think that was no fun.

Yes everything was more than even until 23:00 zulu. More US players are in the blue side mostly cause of the F-15's. Tried to bring more red squadrons and lonewolves in since the 1st round but that didn't solve the issue as they have the same timezone.

Trying to improve it asap.

Greg

I experienced lots of warping yesterday around 2000Z. It was especially annoying when I engaged a MiG-21, that warped away when my missles were about to hit multiple times and even warped out of my radar scope once. It was also pretty dangerous when we captured Beslan and many folks were landing there (danger of ground collision).

I'm not much into the DCS side of networking, but I can confirm Mavericks remarks from an ArmA side of view, where it has similar problems regarding ping - player count - lagging/warping.

Apart from that (and the balance which isn't a huge problem for late european time) it's great fun! Especially the lifes feature is contributing to the thrill :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Need more FARP's to attract more helicopter pilots, and give them a little of respect. They need to fly somewhere for hours because there is no empty slots for them at the nearest FARP. All this about area of mountain range.

Something like on my attach.

farp.JPG.729845784764772a1a7ce76056499c0a.JPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Реальные хотелки к ЛО3 по Су-25 в основном...

ASRock PG9, i-5 9600KF, MSI 2080Ti, 32GB 3466

Is there a place where we can see updated statistics? The link posted earlier isn't up to date.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

No they are worked on for the next round. This is just a sample ;)

Greg

Alright, missed that part. looking forward to it! :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

Need more FARP's to attract more helicopter pilots, and give them a little of respect. They need to fly somewhere for hours because there is no empty slots for them at the nearest FARP. All this about area of mountain range.

++++

Totally agree. The resulting issues in faster recapping time could be solved via an increased timer maybe?

I agree, it sounds like a good idea.

Regarding lives, I would like that helicopter pilots do not lose a life at session restart, if they are not landed.

In most cases you don't have enough time to RTB or to return to a friendly air base or FARP before the server restarts.

In view of the long flight time, a reset to base on server restart would be a big enough "punishment" in itself. ;)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use