Monstertech MTX Sim Rig

rrohde

Just thought I'd share a few images of my new Monstertech MTX rig (prototype) that replaced my Obutto Ozone. Album: https://imgur.com/a/JEemfuR

vHEMvGx.png

The MTX goes together quite nicely, everything matches and fits. Additional, Monstertech supports all your standard throttles and sticks via mounting plates (well known from their table and chair mounts lineup), while rudder pedals and seats can be mounted via the aluminum profiles.

Sadly, the MTX comes without a seat, so I just kept the seat from my Obutto (Monstertech does recommend seats on the EU site, so I am sure there will be a similar solution on the US site when the MTX is ready for prime time).

EDIT: Link to Monstertech's EU website where you can have a look at the various customization options of the MTX Rig: https://www.monstertech.de/en/product-category/flight-en/

Edited by rrohde
Added Link.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Nice setup. I‘m thinking of getting this rig myself. However, I was wondering about the pedal placement. Can you operate the pedals comfortably? Don’t you need a surface (e.g. a plate) so you can rest your heels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice setup. I‘m thinking of getting this rig myself. However, I was wondering about the pedal placement. Can you operate the pedals comfortably? Don’t you need a surface (e.g. a plate) so you can rest your heels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a heel plate available as an accessory. Maybe it was not ready for the prototype?

That is neat. What is the item on the right hand. In front of your trackball in this image.

My old VKB Mamba; now reduced to a button box only device. :)

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Still waiting on some parts, but I keep my feet comfortably on the pedals most of the time anyway.

There is a heel plate available as an accessory. Maybe it was not ready for the prototype?

Correct. Still waiting for the heel plate, correct VESA mounting plate (the one I use here is an old wall-mount), and keyboard mount.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

(Sigh) gonna have to add to DCS wishlist a green envy icon :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 1 year later...

Hey rrhode!

Nice setup! I also own several MT products and a DIY aluminium profile setup. I want to change some things and would like to ask you some questions if it's ok for you. I sent you a friendship invite

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

• 3 weeks later...

Hey rrhode! May I ask you some questions about your rig?

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Don't ask to ask - just ask. :)

I check the forums here occasionally, but I disabled PMs long ago.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Ok - thank you :) I may change from MT Mounts to MT Rig. I really want to stick to center stick so I want to get this module too. However, it would be nice to be able convert to race setup as easily as possible but it has least priority. More important is good placement of Button Box and my three MT MFD mounts with cougar MFDs and displays. Ok, lets start?

1. Do you use center stick? Can you tell me the lengths of the two bars?

2. Do you use the MTX race? If yes: how long is this module? Do you know if both modules can be attached at the same time in a sensible way?

3. Do you use a MT Monitor solution? Standalone or for MTX Race? How big are these?

4. Do you have modules like Hotas, Keyboard or Desktop?

5. Do you play other games like FPS in your rig?

6. Seat recommendations? :). I need one for center stick and good fitting of jetseat rumble mat

7. pics? :)

1) Yes, I do. What two bars are you referring to?

2) No; and I don't know if that would work

3) Yes, the Self-Standing TV/Monitor Stand

4) I have the MTX Keyboard Mount and the MTX HOTAS addon (works well with my center mount)

5) Sure, I just grab the keyboard from the keyboard mount and put it on my lap

6) Any car seat should work (so long as it has a slide/rail as that's what attaches to the rig)

7) Pics? yeah, same as in the first post: https://imgur.com/a/JEemfuR

PS: for any measurements you should contact Monstertech directly ( https://www.monstertech.de/en/contact/), or post questions on their own forum: http://www.monsterfoundry.net/index.php

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Sorry lol, confused it with another MT posting without Pics.

Yea I already saw these! Which lenghts did YOU use for you center stick extrusion and your MFD extrusion? Just if it‘s not to difficult for you to tell as MT seems to be very busy these days.

What is the approximate height of your stand?

I have a seat on rails but I plan to get a new one. Especially because it’s too narrow for the Jetseat

I guess I would prefer the big keyboard solution but I don’t think it’s compatible with the center stick plus just one angle connection looks a bit weak to play to play on

The only custom item I have asked Monstertech to cut for me was indeed the vertical extrusion for the MFDs, and that's 40cm long. The rest is all standard stuff from Monstertech as sold from their website.

The Monitor Stand is ~130cm tall.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thanks a lot!

I guess I ll forget about racing for now and too many addons and will start with a basic stick and stand setup. :)

• 11 months later...
On 6/6/2020 at 3:34 AM, rrohde said:

The only custom item I have asked Monstertech to cut for me was indeed the vertical extrusion for the MFDs, and that's 40cm long. The rest is all standard stuff from Monstertech as sold from their website.

The Monitor Stand is ~130cm tall.

Hi mate,

Where did you get the foot plate to rest your feet on in front of the pedals?

It looks like it doesn't come with the base frame, and I can't see any addons on the monster tech site..

Thanks!

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

On 5/30/2021 at 3:45 AM, jocko417 said:

Having just made the switch to an MTX rig, I'm also interested in the heel plate. Is it a special order?

I emailed monstertech and apparently its discontinued..

I'm guessing rrohde got it from monstertech previously since I've seen other photos with it.

The only option would be to make a custom plate out of wood or other material.

However I tried something else. I adjusted the position of my setup so that the support bar for the rig base is now lined up with my heels so I can slide my foot down and rest on the support bar with the balls of my feet on the pedals if I need. When I go into manoeuvring mode I can slide my feet up and rest on the pedals. This gives me a good method to rest my legs on long cruise flights. You can see how I've laid it out in the attached photo

20210602_102811.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, Monstertech just replied to an email I sent them. They said once the new MTS sim rig development is complete they will look at reintroducing some sort of heel plate. Until then, I may make something  out of plywood.

I have been using Slaws’ ME-109 style pedals for years so never had to think about resting my heels on anything but the pedals themselves. When I retired the Obutto rig and moved to MT I figured I’d treat myself to new pedals too, as the 109 pedals don’t have any mounting holes. Now waiting for my Slaw RX Viper pedals to show up next week, already have the damper sitting here. Can’t wait. 

My new rig will be the silver version of yours 🙂

• Like 2

Please excuse the mess. Still tinkering with positioning of the major components for best ergonomics. Once I’m satisfied with how everything feels I’ll start on cable management 😎

Aging Obutto seat has been retained until the cockpit version of MT’s new office/sim chair is available. 

Looking forward to the center stick cutout, and being free of the side bolsters that now get in the way of my throttle arm since retiring my TMWH throttle and  moving to WinWing. 

E19267FC-8D30-4A99-A682-6D76772606A5.jpeg

6CE51985-8854-4A28-9FA2-D1299673E2E0.jpeg

Edited by jocko417
  • Like 1

I used to use that chair actually, on my desk.

The reason I moved to the sim rig in the end is I didn't find the chair very comfortable. It might be different in a fixed position, but as an office chair on castors it just didn't compare to my coolermaster gaming chair or even the cheap racing seat I have in my simpit..

Could be my body dimensions being a big guy, and maybe I'm just fussy but much happier in a stable pit now. It may be different in a fixed seat position.

Trying to find a buyer for the blackbird chair now.

I originally started out with the VPC pedals.  The heel plate here is the Monstertech floor plate, cut down.

IMG_5814.jpeg

I recently switched back to the TPR pedals, and had to have a bigger heel plate.  I found an unused piece of 1/2 inch thick black plastic at work and used that.

The small vertical posts that hold the front of the pedals up are 100mm profiles I got from 8020.net.  I wanted the front of my pedals raised to more comfortably rest my forearm on my thigh when flying center stick.

Scan from 2021-06-06 05_38_07 AM.jpg

Here's the full cockpit as of now:

Scan from 2021-06-06 05_52_26 AM.jpg

Edited by RogueSqdn
  • Like 2

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

• 2 weeks later...