Initial Hornet Impressions w/ Bugs Reports

neofightr

Nice to have feedback from someone who's flown the bird and seems willing (so far anyway!) to put time into working out where any discrepancies are.

Obviously ED/Belsimtek are gonna run any comments past their SME first anyway, so not sure why all the ire in this thread.

Cheers for that second video too, very useful.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny because I was talking to a developer a few days ago before the Hornet was released and I told him ED and BST would receive A LOT of feedback, and apparently I was right.

Not sure if this is old news already but I have confirmed with a USMC F/A-18C pilot, the speed brake is supposed to come out incrementally. So that's correct in the sim.

But then again, look what Amy said, these jets receive a lot of little upgrades throughout the years.

Well, 1200 hours in the Hornet and I don't remember Betty having a slight accent (drawl).

It's possible that Boeing updated Betty's voice post-2000 to update the voice lines for the super-hornet and upgraded the hornet but she does not sound like the girl I remember (slightly off both in accent and age).

Remember the Hornet was designed and produced in the early 80s so by 2000 if they were to do new voice lines the original voice actor would have been 20 years older or they got another voice actor to update the lines for the super hornet.

Minor quibble for me obviously.

Just want to through my 2 cents in... When the RCAF did the big modernization (2005-2006) Betty was changed out from the original. In fact the new lady that did the recording had a slight southern drawl accent. Some of us wanted to call her Trailer Trash Tammy.

Cooler Master - HAFXB|i7-6850K (Stock) @ 3.6GHz|ASUS X99 Deluxe II|Corsair H80i v2|32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz (2x16GB)|(C:\) Samsung 950 PRO N-NAND M.2 SSD 512GB - (D:\)MTF -(E:\) MTF|EVGA GTX 1080 Superclocked 8GB-GDDR5X - 3x BenQ 24"|SoundBlaster ZX – Logitech z906 5.1|Logitech G910 Orion Spark/G502 ProteusSpectrum/G440 Pad|TM AfterburnerHOTAS (Silver) – TM Warthog – Saitek Pro Flight Peddles/Flight Yoke System & TQ|HTC Vive FCV|TrackIR 4|GTR Simulation platform|Win10Pro64Bit

I am former Swiss Airforce Radar officer and I have flown the F18 sim, the "old" one in Payerne. I am pretty sure that the new 4 sims which have interlink with NATO are different beast.

Apart from this I would not claim that I could operate the PSR and FCR today any longer. Still I got more than 300 days experience on it. These are countless house.

Don't blame a former pilot, not remembering every single detail after 18 years plus being out of business.

Honestly, he deserve some appreciation for being in these forums making the DCS Hornet better, more realistic overtime. Don't scare them pilots off by doubting and questioning every word they say.

Thanks you!

Appreciation? Man this thread gives me chills.An actual Hornet pilot is with us here.It's like having an F1 driver on the sofa while you play an F1 game.. Think.What a blessing.

• ED Team

Hi all,

had a tidy up here, please do not derail this thread, if it continues I will be giving out warning points.

neofightr has been sharing his thoughts and I have been enjoying his youtube videos.

If you dont believe him this is not the place to discuss it, please move on.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2