DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread - Page 47 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 05:42 PM   #461
Revelation

Reputation power: 26
Revelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyforDCS View Post
Am I the only one that is dissapointed with the precedent set by this? For a long time now not a single module by ED or another third party on ED's site would go into pre-purchase without a solid release date for early-access.

This has insured that no matter what, the module made it to early-access on the date in question. (Or a few days late at most)

I get that everyone is excited for the Hornet, I am too, but I will be refraining from a pre-purchase in this case. Before you bring out the banhammer mods, I am aware that Eagle Dynamics wants to make sure that they get most of the things right out of the gate, and that they want to leave themselves some room for showstopping bugs, etc.

I just feel that this is not the right way to go about this and hope that in the future they will not put modules for pre-purchase without a solid release date (DD/MM/YY).
There will be no ban-hammer flying your way as you haven't violated any forum rules. I, too, am disappointed that a specific date wasn't given. I do understand why ED is taking this approach. They are trying to ensure that expectations are somewhat contained. ED will also try to beat their projection as they are saying that is their worst case scenario.

No one can fault you if you decide that you want to wait for a specific date prior to your pre-purchase.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:47 PM   #462
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 106
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Nobody is forcing anyone to purchase it today. Wags commented about the release timeline, that is what they feel is the best thing right now. I feel like it will be ready sooner than later, but this is a complex project, things happen.

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:53 PM   #463
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Reputation power: 49
Silver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

a question where are the trailer music? has epic

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:54 PM   #464
Andy1966

Reputation power: 2
Andy1966 will become famous soon enoughAndy1966 will become famous soon enoughAndy1966 will become famous soon enough

To me the price is more than fair. Would I like it cheaper? Sure, who would not? however would we like them to sell products at a loss, then be out of buisness? or come to the conclusion that the public side is dragging them down? over all its still a reasonable price, and as far as the early access goes, the last several have gone without huge problems and I suspect the longer EA is to continue that trend. I bought it, and don't regret it, It just cant get here soon enough!
Andy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:58 PM   #465
OnlyforDCS

Reputation power: 15
OnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
I feel like it will be ready sooner than later, but this is a complex project, things happen.
Does this mean that they will add a fixed release date at some point when they are confident enough they know they are going to make it?
Old 01-12-2018, 05:59 PM   #466
Revelation

Reputation power: 26
Revelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyforDCS View Post
Does this mean that they will add a fixed release date at some point when they are confident enough they know they are going to make it?
I believe they will, I imagine it will be a one week notice type of thing when it happens.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:22 PM   #467
spiddx

Reputation power: 6
spiddx is a jewel in the roughspiddx is a jewel in the roughspiddx is a jewel in the roughspiddx is a jewel in the roughspiddx is a jewel in the roughspiddx is a jewel in the rough

So, out of curiousity: can there be more than one module in pre-purchase at the same time (would be a first afaik) or does this basically mean that there won't be a 3rd party EA release until summer-ish 2018?
spiddx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:23 PM   #468
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 106
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiddx View Post
So, out of curiousity: can there be more than one module in pre-purchase (would be a precedent afaik) or does this basically mean that there won't be a 3rd party EA release until summer-ish 2018?
No, this wouldnt stop any other modules from being released into EA or pre-purchase.

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:24 PM   #469
grunf

Reputation power: 16
grunf is a glorious beacon of lightgrunf is a glorious beacon of lightgrunf is a glorious beacon of lightgrunf is a glorious beacon of lightgrunf is a glorious beacon of lightgrunf is a glorious beacon of lightgrunf is a glorious beacon of lightgrunf is a glorious beacon of lightgrunf is a glorious beacon of lightgrunf is a glorious beacon of lightgrunf is a glorious beacon of light

As far as I'm concerned, the release date is set, and it's June 21th. Until further notice...
grunf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:27 PM   #470
spiddx

Reputation power: 6
spiddx is a jewel in the roughspiddx is a jewel in the roughspiddx is a jewel in the roughspiddx is a jewel in the roughspiddx is a jewel in the roughspiddx is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
No, this wouldnt stop any other modules from being released into EA or pre-purchase.
Thx
spiddx is offline   Reply With Quote