DCS P-51D QUESTIONS - Page 72 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-11-2018, 07:11 PM   #711
71st_AH Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistking View Post
ok. thanks.
hopefully one or two of these will find it's way in the stock game sometime. i don't fancy unofficial content because of the obvious multiplayer related reasons...
Don't count on that, very few make it and most multiplayer servers use community made skins as they are immersion increasing without being game breaking.

Training for Sabre Pilots
http://1-fighter-otu.enjin.com/

http://www.il2aceshigh.com/
71st_AH Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:57 PM   #712
JackFlash

I might have a slight issue. I fly the Mustang in 2.5 and all assist is turned off. No rudder assist and 0% takeoff assist. When I land I use to keep the stick back to lock the tail wheel and correct with differential breaking. Now, when I break I see the rudder pedals in the sim move, not the toe break, but the rudder. It seems like the airplane helps me keep on track. Is there some assist I have missed or is this normal?
JackFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:05 PM   #713
Art-J+
Posting Rights Suspended

No, it's not normal. Maybe game flight mode turned on by mistake in options? If not, duplicated assignments or technical controller issue would be my next bet.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:47 PM   #714
Super Wabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
I might have a slight issue. I fly the Mustang in 2.5 and all assist is turned off. No rudder assist and 0% takeoff assist. When I land I use to keep the stick back to lock the tail wheel and correct with differential breaking. Now, when I break I see the rudder pedals in the sim move, not the toe break, but the rudder. It seems like the airplane helps me keep on track. Is there some assist I have missed or is this normal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art-J View Post
No, it's not normal. Maybe game flight mode turned on by mistake in options? If not, duplicated assignments or technical controller issue would be my next bet.
I can confirm the same behavior as JackFlash. Game Flight mode is not enabled. Key bindings are not double bound. Axis tuning is correct, deadzones accounted for and curves set etc. I have Auto Rudder unchecked and Landing Assistance set to 0. Verified server is not forcing game mode.

Simply taxing around I see the rudder moving on it's own as if it is trying to keep my taxiing straight. Taxi up to 10 knots then push the stick forward to unlock the tail wheel. You will see the rudder move on its own to the left as it tries to keep you straight.

Go to extrenal view: taxiing straght ahead, I go full right deflection on rudders then ease off the rudders. Before I get back to the neutral position I can see my rudder swings to the left as it compensates.

Also, a some speed, my rudder authority is being limited. From external view: from a dead stop with full rudder deflection, I slowly increase taxi speed and I've noticed that at some speed (between 7 and 10 knots) the rudder will snap back from full deflection to some intermediate position. Above that speed I can no longer see full deflection on my rudder. Bringing up the Controls Indicator (Rctrl+Enter) I see the rudder input bar is grayed out at the edges (this indicates the toe-brake axis I believe). Below a certain speed the rudder will indicate to the far edge of the input bar but above a certain speed the rudder snaps back into the red bar area (see screenshots).
Screenshots of Rudder Deflection Behavior: https://imgur.com/a/zVncM18

I see no noticeable change in behavior with different combinations of Auto Rudder and Takeoff Assistance enabled/disabled. It seems like enabling or disabling those options has no effect.
Super Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:53 PM   #715
Art-J+
Posting Rights Suspended

^ I've just checked in 2.5.1OB, as it's the only version I've got running at the moment, and the symptoms you describe are 100% indicating auto-rudder option physics being on.

Just to make sure, you're not flying P-51D after setting up TF-51D options by mistake (or vice versa), don't you?

If not, what can I say, run game cleanup and repair commands, or reinstall module as a last resort, because that's not how the plane should behave with auto rudder off and takeoff assist off.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:29 AM   #716
Delareon

More or less TF51 related.

Is there a way to turn smoke on in both Planes? P-51 and TF-51?

Just startet to train myself to participate in the virtual airrace, maybe next season.
Delareon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:14 PM   #717
Robert31178

Per Nick Gray you won't see full rudder deflection in a warbird at speed because the forces applied to the rudder externally are more than any pilot can overcome with his legs. This will only change when you lose an elevevator - 50% less surface allows you to put more deflection in.
Robert31178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:23 AM   #718
AureliusAugustus

Sorry for the brand new, newbie guy question, but I checked the P-51 FAQ section and did not see an answer; I have DCS 2.5.3 which includes the P-51 (free version). Is there any reason to buy the P-51 module or is it exactly the same as the P-51 in 2.5.3? Thanks!

i9-7960X - ROG Rampage VI Extreme - 64 GB 3600 MHz - GTX 2080 Ti SLI - VKB GF MCG Pro - Warthog Throttle - Slaw RX Viper Pedals - Rift/Vive Pro

Flying online as "Aurelius" in IL2 1946, IL BOS, ROF and DCSW
AureliusAugustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:50 AM   #719
farmertom

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AureliusAugustus View Post
Sorry for the brand new, newbie guy question, but I checked the P-51 FAQ section and did not see an answer; I have DCS 2.5.3 which includes the P-51 (free version). Is there any reason to buy the P-51 module or is it exactly the same as the P-51 in 2.5.3? Thanks!
The free version is not a fighter ,i.e. no guns... Flys the same ,etc..Also with the module there are some quick missions, campaigns, skins, etc.
farmertom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:47 AM   #720
AureliusAugustus

Appreciate the answer, ty!

i9-7960X - ROG Rampage VI Extreme - 64 GB 3600 MHz - GTX 2080 Ti SLI - VKB GF MCG Pro - Warthog Throttle - Slaw RX Viper Pedals - Rift/Vive Pro

Flying online as "Aurelius" in IL2 1946, IL BOS, ROF and DCSW
AureliusAugustus is offline   Reply With Quote