Inverter on after a full stat

Legs

I've jumped back into the BS after some time and im doing ok for the most part. For some reason my inverter light on my overhead panel will not turn off after i fully start up. Is there a switch i need to turn off?

LEGS - JTF-13

Which position is the inverter switch in? It has positions force on, shut off, automatic. In normal flight the switch is in automatic (up). Make sure your engine RPMs are at the flight values, throttle handles in the automatic position, generator switches on, external power switches off.

The only way I was able to get inverter caution on in flight was generator switches off with inverter control switch either fully up or down. The Shkval and UV-26 are not able to be powered in this case which is an easy indication of partial AC electrical power supply.

If that doesn't answer it a track showing the issue can be helpful.

Which position is the inverter switch in? It has positions force on, shut off, automatic. In normal flight the switch is in automatic (up). Make sure your engine RPMs are at the flight values, throttle handles in the automatic position, generator switches on, external power switches off.

The only way I was able to get inverter caution on in flight was generator switches off with inverter control switch either fully up or down. The Shkval and UV-26 are not able to be powered in this case which is an easy indication of partial AC electrical power supply.

If that doesn't answer it a track showing the issue can be helpful.

Inv is in auto

LEGS - JTF-13

Of course the inverter will be on when the main AC generators are not cut in when RPM is so low.

What I'm curious about is the inverter continuing to spin (if the sound is any indication) even through it's not providing power. Should the 500 Watt inverter stop making the noise (similar to A-10C) when not in use? Or is it a different noise like the standby ADI inverter?

I also can't get the manual position of the switch to do anything different than the auto position.

• 5 weeks later...

In roughly a similar ballpark i might pose a question...

If i recall correctly BS1 had the ability to run the generators in a 'high idle' throttle setting. But this does not seem to be the case in BS2.

The way i recall it (and this is real on some aircraft for ground work / conserving fuel) the throttle had the following positions...

1 - Idle

2 - High Idle (generators start to supply power at this point)

3 - Governor (still generating power)

4 - Max (in case of engine or gov failure)

Anyone else remember it being like this?

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR