DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

• ED Team
Where is Kate going to announce? i only use this forum. Should I be checking other sites?

We will share it everywhere dont worry

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

She's the new big boss for ED.

Interesting read. But that just proves the question/complain to why it wasn't posted here first. Or rather why it wasn't at all.

I hope @BIGNEWY and @NineLine can push that question to...

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Interesting read. But that just proves the question/complain to why it wasn't posted here first. Or rather why it wasn't at all.

I hope @BIGNEWY and @NineLine can push that question to...

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

She says they aim to be "transparent". But she also says "Sometimes we want to deliver and fail."

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Since ED is apparently famous for slips, you knew that this release could slip as well so you bought it knowing it could slip. Still don't have any sympathy here..... If you couldn't handle a slip, then don't pre-purchase it.

Without pre-purchasing it in EA, there would be no SC. They need those $$ to continue development. Do some researching, they've admitted it.

So you and your buddies can handle the dev costs when we stop pre-purchasing? Good luck with that.

Maybe its time for folks to stop investing in EA. ED clearly doesn't care about meeting any reasonable level of communication especially if they know folks are gonna continue to just throw money at a issue that hasn't changed after this long.

Less than 24hrs away from a supposed release date and still not a confirmed word either here or there, but they had no issue taking those early access dollars.

Businesses only listen when their pockets are impacted.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

Without pre-purchasing it in EA, there would be no SC. They need those $$ to continue development. Do some researching, they've admitted it.

So you and your buddies can handle the dev costs when we stop pre-purchasing? Good luck with that.

Total nonsense. If you want the product but can't handle delays or quality control problems, buy it when it's in the state you find acceptable; buying it and whining about problems does very little to deliver your message to the people who are in a position to address them. If ED has to close up shop because you took responsibility for your end of the transaction, so be it. Otherwise, bottle up the feelings of anguish and disappointment and grow a tumor like the rest of us.

You have a choice. Knowing ED and dates can slip, can still choose to buy into it or if you can't stand that dates can slip, then don't purchase into it. No one forces you to continue to give ED your money if date slips make you this upset.

Businesses only listen when their pockets are impacted.

True, except they also listen when many of their clients start threads thanking them for the hard work their clients have no idea if they are doing or not.

If your clients are fans you have an easy time selling whatever you have laying around.

This is all stupid.

Edited by RaTzo
Before someone gets all upset that I used a bad word...

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

True, except they also listen when many of their clients start threads thanking them for the hard work their clients have no idea if they are doing or not.

If your clients are fans you have an easy time selling whatever you have laying around.

This is all stupid.

True

Edited by fmedges

@bignewy @nineline

Very good news if the carrier is delayed - it will give more time to resolve issues in 2.5.6 stability first. The mature and competitive multiplayer customers who value a working MP architecture and engine will not be whinging about a delay in getting the new carrier, which lets face it in terms of mission design just gives us more eye candy and immersion on initial release (re airboss training station etc not operational yet). Experienced players would take a delay anytime to focus on 2.5.6 memory leaks, desync issues, VR improvements and engine instability over someone making hand signals at us on the cat. I'm sure there is also a core of those players who would rather have an increased A2G capabiltiy on the Viper prior to carrier etc but anyway knowing that releasing potentially even more unstable code into the current system will just create more chaos.

The people that are complaining are people asking for nicer clouds when the ones we currently have are not matched client side on MP etc as a simple example, or just a general lack of maturity / kids. Who is to know that in final testing in the last 24 hours they haven't discovered a significant flaw.

Before anyone trolls just think about it - would you rather have a more stable game, or them release something that was going to cause more crashes / performance issues.

Lastly if you buy into this or any other EA module like i have then fine but understand that its to buy at a discount / support the EA / Beta process.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

So is ED processing returns on the pre-orders of the Supercarrier?

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@bignewy @nineline

Very good news if the carrier is delayed - it will give more time to resolve issues in 2.5.6 stability first. The mature and competitive multiplayer customers who value a working MP architecture and engine will not be whinging about a delay in getting the new carrier, which lets face it in terms of mission design just gives us more eye candy and immersion on initial release (re airboss training station etc not operational yet). Experienced players would take a delay anytime to focus on 2.5.6 memory leaks, desync issues, VR improvements and engine instability over someone making hand signals at us on the cat. I'm sure there is also a core of those players who would rather have an increased A2G capabiltiy on the Viper prior to carrier etc but anyway knowing that releasing potentially even more unstable code into the current system will just create more chaos.

The people that are complaining are people asking for nicer clouds when the ones we currently have are not matched client side on MP etc as a simple example, or just a general lack of maturity / kids. Who is to know that in final testing in the last 24 hours they haven't discovered a significant flaw.

Before anyone trolls just think about it - would you rather have a more stable game, or them release something that was going to cause more crashes / performance issues.

Lastly if you buy into this or any other EA module like i have then fine but understand that its to buy at a discount / support the EA / Beta process.

Before anyone trolls?