Gaming on an Ultra-wide monitor??? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-17-2020, 01:23 PM   #11
Dang3r

I wont hijack the thread, but my question seems to be fitting in here, hence its vice versa ultra-wide.
Im playing DCS until now onto a 22" CRT display (pls dont laugh too hard) and got after installation a windowed (nearly half-wide) screen to play.
At trying to enlarge to e.g. 1440 x 1280 the location of all buttons, prompts and handles are sliding downwards, so if im into the main config menue I have to slide the mouse to the desired icon and then pull it down until the icon is become highlighted. Thats no way to play so I enlarged it to the max and set full screen. That had made the negative effects much more better but not finally solved.
Now the question is, if DCS are into the actual 2.5.4 are be able to scale older monitors aside from LCD, LED, (…) or is the only way to come out of this is to buy a complete new display?
Thank you.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:46 PM   #12
Strong05

For that kind of money why not go VR? I have a 4k TV and never use it due to the superior immersion of VR with DCS. The higher hz won't really benefit you in DCS, of course if you're also playing FPS's it will help a lot.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:52 PM   #13
hansangb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
I wont hijack the thread, but my question seems to be fitting in here, hence its vice versa ultra-wide.
Im playing DCS until now onto a 22" CRT display (pls dont laugh too hard) and got after installation a windowed (nearly half-wide) screen to play.
At trying to enlarge to e.g. 1440 x 1280 the location of all buttons, prompts and handles are sliding downwards, so if im into the main config menue I have to slide the mouse to the desired icon and then pull it down until the icon is become highlighted. Thats no way to play so I enlarged it to the max and set full screen. That had made the negative effects much more better but not finally solved.
Now the question is, if DCS are into the actual 2.5.4 are be able to scale older monitors aside from LCD, LED, (…) or is the only way to come out of this is to buy a complete new display?
Thank you.

Can you post a picture of your monitor configuration in the game? The setup menu where you can specify resolution, etc. I think something is wrong. Also, if you play in Window'ed mode, it slows down the game quite a bit. You want to check "maximize DCS" (or something close to it) in the setup menu.

Also, it looks like you're running into this. So have a look at this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...85&postcount=1
Spoiler:
i7-8700K Delid/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, EVGA Z370 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, JetSeat, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, CV1

Last edited by hansangb; 01-17-2020 at 02:58 PM.
hansangb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 11:50 AM   #14
Dang3r

Thx for the reply, yes, the related thread shows exactly my problems, installation DCS was stock of DL content site, no Steam.
Will take a screenshot if the settings tonight and be back with it.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:21 AM   #15
RIPPINREX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong05 View Post
For that kind of money why not go VR? I have a 4k TV and never use it due to the superior immersion of VR with DCS. The higher hz won't really benefit you in DCS, of course if you're also playing FPS's it will help a lot.
I already have a Vive set up but I get motion sickness. On the waiting list for the new Index, hopefully the higher refresh rates will help.
RIPPINREX is offline   Reply With Quote