JDAM instructions

flavnet

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said the JDAM QTY functionality is highly dependent on the MC software set you are basing the sim on. The early version of the Hornet software did not allow for multiple JDAMs to be dropped simultaneously on separate targets. The newer software set found on the Hornets that just had their last flights had upgraded JDAM capabilities similar to the Super Hornet.

But what about the "loading coordinates into a jdam" thing? Have you asked that as well?

Cycling through the different PPs do not change the station in DCS. You can drop any bomb in any PP. If you switch programs as stated, nothing happens.

Im very confused with the videos from wags and the actual simulation. I dont know what to expect or look for.

Thanks!

You don’t change PP to change stations, it’s the other way around. You select the stations to select the desired PP, which it should retain the selelected PP that you previosly selected for it, but it currently doesn’t. 1 + 1 doesn’t equal 2 the way things are currently modeled in the sim.

try converting the MGRS coordinate of the target from the mission editor into this free converter web page:

http://www.legallandconverter.com/p50.html

and see if u get the same DD MM SS.SS values

I’ll try that and see. I also noticed the in mission map F10 doesn’t have the same coordinate resolution as the ME map. Both provide the same format. I think that’s my problem. Sounds like I have to stick with providing the coordinates in the brief.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

You don’t change PP to change stations, it’s the other way around. You select the stations to select the desired PP, which it should retain the selelected PP that you previosly selected for it, but it currently doesn’t. 1 + 1 doesn’t equal 2 the way things are currently modeled in the sim.

Update: So it seems PPs are independent of JDAM stations for the FA-18C IRL. In Wags' video, 'assigning' a station to a PP or vice versa wasn't necessary because it wouldn't work that way anyway. After a JDAM is dropped, it will step to the next station as it normally does (regardless of selected PP) and that station will use whichever PP is currently selected (which would be the previous PP if unchanged.) In summary, you simply select the PP required for the target and use any JDAM station you like.

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

My understanding is that PP1/2/3/4 are just profiles for respective targets and any JDAM station will do. You just need to select the right PP for the intended target. In other words the PPs do not get locked into a specific JDAM station.

Ok cool, so that step can be completely voided in the process, thanks.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Like I said the JDAM QTY functionality is highly dependent on the MC software set you are basing the sim on. The early version of the Hornet software did not allow for multiple JDAMs to be dropped simultaneously on separate targets. The newer software set found on the Hornets that just had their last flights had upgraded JDAM capabilities similar to the Super Hornet.

The version we have is the Navy in the 2005 time frame. If you are a RL Rhino wso surely you have access to information that we will never have. The MC software you are talking about in what year it came out? THX.

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

But it seems as mentioned that PPs are independent of JDAM stations for the FA-18C IRL. In Wags' video, assigning a station to each PP wasn't necessary because it wouldn't work that way anyway. Selecting a PP (before pickle) does not select a station. It just so happens the JDAMs were dropping in the same station sequence as the PPs. At least this is how it currently is in the sim.

Again, it’s the other way around. The station, or bomb, get’s it’s selected coordinates from the PP. the PP is basically a profile that is loaded to the bomb. Thats how JDAMS work, regardless of the airframe. You select where you want the bomb to go and how to get there. Right now, the jet has no ability to remember what profile is loaded to what bomb, it just defaults to whatever program you used to drop the previous bomb when it steps to the next station.

Again, it’s the other way around. The station, or bomb, get’s it’s selected coordinates from the PP. the PP is basically a profile that is loaded to the bomb. Thats how JDAMS work, regardless of the airframe. You select where you want the bomb to go and how to get there. Right now, the jet has no ability to remember what profile is loaded to what bomb, it just defaults to whatever program you used to drop the previous bomb when it steps to the next station.

Yes, that's what I meant :)

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4

Get well soon

Once I get by voice back, I'll be creating some new video tutorials.

Hey there, seems to me you've had that Bug for a while now mate and I don't mean the 18C either. Hope you come good soon Wags.

Cheers G

:thumbup:

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

I cannot find GBU38

[ATTACH]209426[/ATTACH]

Are you on ( stable ) or ( open beta ). You won't find them in stable, and if you are on OB then you need to update or do repair.

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

I have asked and it is correct as is, the only ripple function for JDAMs is for multiple bombs on the same target, otherwise, you must switch programs as stated. This is how we have modelled it based on the available information we have.

So the current JDAM implementation is correct as IRL for the FA-18C and will not change? (ie, pilot has to select desired PP before bomb pickle and PP is independent of JDAM station.)

try converting the MGRS coordinate of the target from the mission editor into this free converter web page:

http://www.legallandconverter.com/p50.html

and see if u get the same DD MM SS.SS values

I’ll try that and see. I also noticed the in mission map F10 doesn’t have the same coordinate resolution as the ME map. Both provide the same format. I think that’s my problem. Sounds like I have to stick with providing the coordinates in the brief.

I can confirm that was my issue. The F10 map doesn’t provide precise coordinates. To get precise coordinates you must copy them from the mission editor and make the conversion. I have not checked to see if the mission planner works or not. This is using the DDmm.mmm format.

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

JDAM instructions

I dont think so, no. It seems based on this thread comments that the current implementation is wrong in terms of loading the coordinates into jdams. Not to mention the flight model, but thats WIP.

Yes, coords format UFC entry will be updated but the current PP-station procedure seems correct as far as they know according to NineLine?

I can confirm that was my issue. The F10 map doesn’t provide precise coordinates. To get precise coordinates you must copy them from the mission editor and make the conversion. I have not checked to see if the mission planner works or not. This is using the DDmm.mmm format.

good stuff

After the last update JDAM is still very imprecise. The bombs hit ten meters from your target.

EDIT: I guess it's because I'm selecting the coordinates directly from F-10.

Edited by atazar

Except it does. Switch to MGRS (LAlt+Y), convert to DMS and input it using the "double ENT" workaround.

That’s not what I said. I said the F10 is incorrect for the DDmm.mmm conversion. If you read my previous posts you would see that.

Multiple ways to skin a cat.

Either way, like other things, it’s not complete. Still WIP. I’ll just wait until fully implemented. Guided weapons are really slow to develop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

After the last update JDAM is still very imprecise. The bombs hit ten meters from your target.

EDIT: I guess it's because I'm selecting the coordinates directly from F-10.

Most likely.

I don’t really desire to use MGRS simply because other modules still don’t implement that format. Going from plane to plane and switching formats will create more mental fatigue than what needs to be.

As lord Wags stated in the book of EA chapter 1 verse 3. “Doth purchase thy Early Access, must wait the time of developers.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• ED Team
So the current JDAM implementation is correct as IRL for the FA-18C and will not change? (ie, pilot has to select desired PP before bomb pickle and PP is independent of JDAM station.)

Yes, based on the information we have available to us.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team
Nineline, hi.

So you're saying that current implementation will not be as wags stated (meaning that PPs are independant of Jdams)? That's what confuses us the most I think.

They are independent only if you don't select the station during programming. Logic changed after that video was made, I believe a new one will be done once Wags is feeling better and has the time.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png