DCS: F-16CM Block 50 by EDSA Discussion Thread

NineLine

for somone who doesn't have Hotas warthog i prefer the F18 Hotas setup because i can actually bind everything to my X55. A10C had too many functions to do so. and i still needed a fair share of keyboard commands. if the F16 is going to be the same way.......

Than i guess i need to set aside some cash for new HOTAS

This describes the HOTAS functionality .. at least in "another sim":

http://falcon4.wikidot.com/avionics:hotas

This describes the HOTAS functionality .. at least in "another sim":

http://falcon4.wikidot.com/avionics:hotas

HOTAS will depend on what OFP they modeled or use.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

So with regards to features why has ed decided that a 2007 f16c blk 50 cm/ccip coming with only the an/apg68 v5?

The v5 was introduced with the first production block 50s in the early 90s.

What about v6/v7/v8 or even v9?

Considering various anecdotes talk of consideration of v10 upgrades as early as 2002> articles i found talk of Flight testing as early as 2002 followed by installation on Greek based F16's in the following April of the same year. This mean V9 would have become available by 2007, which also implies the v5 is redundant and upgraded to later iterations( even if not all or any are v9) by this point in time.

In any case without the v9 the viper will have a decidedly inferior radar to the fa18 an/apg73 phase 2 as it wont have SAR mapping and that the v5 as opposed to v9 only supports hprf waveforms in velocity search resulting also in inferior max detection range In rws and tws

All in all the an/apg68 v9 would be the closest contemporary of the an/apg73 phase 2.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Am I in the minority? This is my wish list so far:

1) Throttle that works

2) Stick that works

3) Speed brake functionality

4) Gear up and down functionality

5) Compatible with Nevada map

6) Late September early October release.

You can take your time adding all the other stuff later, just want to fly this thing.

I agree with Kev2go for Block50 series it is better to simulate the V9 Radar since CCIP and smart weapons configuration is better to fit it with APGv9 functions model I think the ED must reconsider in order to simulate correctly the block50

I agree with Kev2go for Block50 series it is better to simulate the V9 Radar since CCIP and smart weapons configuration is better to fit it with APGv9 functions model I think the ED must reconsider in order to simulate correctly the block50

They might actually be right - is there anything credible (public) that states the USAF installed the v9/v10 before 2010 or even at all?

A budget request for v9 was put in for FY2007 (to procure) and ongoing years but the fact that this disappeared in the next budget request (and ongoing) would suggest it was cancelled.

They might actually be right - is there anything credible (public) that states the USAF installed the v9/v10 before 2010 or even at all?

A budget request for v9 was put in for FY2007 (to procure) and ongoing years but the fact that this disappeared in the next budget request (and ongoing) would suggest it was cancelled.

Then what about the V6,V7 and V8's?

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Who is the actual developer?

EDSA

stands for Eagle Dynamics Switzerland, they opened a branch office in the city of Lausanne a couple years ago.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Who is the actual developer?

ED. That's why the forum is in the ED section as opposed to the 3rd party section.

EDSA

stands for Eagle Dynamics Switzerland, they opened a branch office in the city of Lausanne a couple years ago.

All the software development happens in Moscow and former Belsimtek office in Belarus.

I suspect that the Swiss office exists purely for business/tax purposes.

Edited by Pizzicato

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I suspect that the Swiss office exists purely for business/tax purposes.

That sounds likely. The company is registered at a residential address in Lausanne, and the last time I checked there were other companies associated with the owner of TFC registered there.

EDSA

Actually I believe it's Eagle Dynamics SA, SA being the form of the corporation: Société Anonyme, in French since that's the language at Lausanne in that part of Switzerland. So that's more or less equivalent to PLC (UK), Inc (US), NV (Nederlands) and so on.

EDIT: normally we don't glue the acronym with the company name, so it should be written ED S.A., or sometimes ED sa, but not EDSA ;)

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

EDSA

Ah okay...just wanted to volunteer my time to beta test and a long time flier of that other high fidelity F16 sim.:pilotfly:

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

What about them?

Outside of this what is there?

v7 - export for Korea & Singapore (& Greece)

v8 - export for Egypt and Greece?

Greece for Blocks 50 / 52 52Advance APG68 V9 52 advanced have last updated TAPE

Greek HAF F-16 block50 have only green texture MFD's not color MFD's

Block 52/ 52 M Advanced have color MFD's

Block52Advanced have also CMM color moving map like Α-10

People (like me) who have been using the other F16 sim for a while have found a way to do it: You can get pretty close with the X-55. It has the right number of hats and buttons in all the right places, except for CMS - I just bind button C to the Slap Switch which will allow you to run a countermeasures program. The throttle is also pretty close, with the two rotaries (Range and radar elevation), as well as a hat that can serve as speedbrake, and a ministick with a cursor enable button. You have a two way instead of 4 way comms switch, and no good way to do the DGFT/MRM override switch. I have that bound to the roller on the left of the throttle with a shift state to cancel it. I have yet to come up with anything useful to do with the slider.

But now in DCS, we have modifiers. With modifiers I can set all controls in my cheap T-flight stick x and never used the keyboard they way I have it in all the current modules I use.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Greece for Blocks 50 / 52 52Advance APG68 V9 52 advanced have last updated TAPE

Greek HAF F-16 block50 have only green texture MFD's not color MFD's

Block 52/ 52 M Advanced have color MFD's

Block52Advanced have also CMM color moving map like Α-10

The (V)9 is probably a given on most (if not all) Plus/Advanced I think.

One reference I have - shows several exposed close ups of the non Plus HAF Block 50 radar (probably Peace Xenia II) and refer to it multiple times as the APG-68 (V) 7

No mention of any 8 though.

Viper Under the Skin (Lekkas & Gkonis 2015)

http://eagleaviation.gr/work/f-16-fighting-falcon-viper-under-the-skin/

The (V)9 is probably a given on most (if not all) Plus/Advanced I think.

One reference I have - shows several exposed close ups of the non Plus HAF Block 50 radar (probably Peace Xenia II) and refer to it multiple times as the APG-68 (V) 7

No mention of any 8 though.

Viper Under the Skin (Lekkas & Gkonis 2015)

http://eagleaviation.gr/work/f-16-fighting-falcon-viper-under-the-skin/

Reference https://en.wikipedia.org

F-16 CCIP

The Common Configuration Implementation Program (CCIP) is a $2 billion modernization effort that seeks to standardize all USAF Block 40/42/50/52 F-16s to a common Block 50/52-based avionics software and hardware configuration for simplified training and maintenance. Lockheed Martin received a contract to develop the first phase CCIP configuration upgrade packages in June 1998; kit production work started in 2000, and deliveries began in July 2001.[128][129] In 2007, Korean Air was awarded a USAF contract for F-16 upgrades, which included both CCIP, Falcon-STAR, and Drop in Maintenance works. 100 USAF F-16s were to be upgraded and maintained by Korean Air under the contract. The upgrade program would extend the F-16's flying hours from 6,000 to 8,000 hours. The work would continue for six years until 2013.[130]

Phase 1 of the CCIP added new Modular Mission Computers, color cockpit display kits and advanced IFF systems to domestically based Block 50/52 aircraft, and introduced the new Sniper Advanced Targeting Pod (ATP). The ability of the F-16CJ/DJ to employ GPS-guided weapons was extended to the rest of the Block 50/52 fleet. Upgraded Phase 1 aircraft redeliveries began in January 2002. The second phase extended these upgrades to overseas-based Block 50/52 Falcons, and redeliveries ran from July 2003 to June 2007. Phase II also included the introduction of autonomous beyond-visual-range air-intercept capability, the Link-16 datalink, and the Joint Helmet-Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS).[128]

The ongoing Phase 3 effort is focused on Block 40/42 F-16s. Development began in July 2003 and by June 2007 Lockheed Martin had completed roughly a quarter of the USAF's Block 40/42 fleet. Phase 3 incorporates the M3+ Operational Flight Program (OFP) which extends the capabilities of the first two phases to the Block 40/42 fleet and adds Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS), the new NATO-standard datalink network. Development of an M4+ OFP began in late 2002; this update will allow use of the Raytheon AIM-9X on Block 40/42/50/52 aircraft. Northrop Grumman was awarded a contract in early 2004 to develop an M5+ upgrade kit to update the AN/APG-68(V)5 radars on the Block 40/42/50/52 Falcons to the AN/APG-68(V)9 standard; upgrading of Block 40/42 aircraft began in 2007 and is to become operational on the Block 50/52 aircraft by 2010. An M6+ OFP is under consideration, and could include integration of the GBU-39 Small Diameter Bomb (SDB) on CCIP aircraft, which is planned to begin in fiscal year 2012.[128]

Turkey became the first international customer for the CCIP update with the signing of a $1.1 billion contract on 26 April 2005 to upgrade an initial 80 Block 40/50 and 37 Block 30 F-16C/Ds to an equivalent of the Phase 3/M5+ OFP standard under the "Peace Onyx III" Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program. This work will be performed by Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) and is due to be completed in 2012; however, Turkey holds on option on the upgrade of the remainder of its 100 Block 40s, which could extend the program.[128][131]

My opinion is to create "V9" or something like V9 as far as free data are available onlinefor Radar ,and F-16CJ CCIP M5+ in order o support smart weapons-link16 , colour MFD's e.t.c like DCS advertising

One of the things people have to keep in mind..

CCIP was a *USAF*/ *ANG* project only. There are no CCIP F-16's in non-US service.

Now there are F-16's that have gone through upgrades that more or less are the equal to the CCIP program, but they are not the CCIP's that ED is modeling.

What we're getting is a Tape 4.1 F-16CM Block 50 from 2007(roughly). You need to temper what you read on the web and forums with that fact.

My opinion is to create "V9" or something like V9 as far as free data are available onlinefor Radar ,and F-16CJ CCIP M5+ in order o support smart weapons-link16 , colour MFD's e.t.c like DCS advertising

Oh the post you replied to was related to the designations v6/v7/v8 - didn't twig you were still going on about the USAF Radar.

Well aware of that info - that Wiki post refers to a dead Janes article (Jan 2008 )

The V9 sales brochure might be about still.