Centerline bomb

Bankler

I can't test it myself right now, but if you have the jettison dial to Safe etc and the only thing you're doing is selecting the station on the DDI, then it definitely sounds like a bug.

Does it jettison when you simply select it or when you press the pickle button?

Are you sure you have no control conflicts?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I can't test it myself right now, but if you have the jettison dial to Safe etc and the only thing you're doing is selecting the station on the DDI, then it definitely sounds like a bug.

Does it jettison when you simply select it or when you press the pickle button?

Are you sure you have no control conflicts?

Thanks for the input! Did some more research. It turns out it is because I have two joystick bases connected. Stock WH for the VR chair rig and a VPC WarBRD for the desk (I'm moving the grip between them depending on where I sit but keep both bases connected). When unscrewing the grip from the stock WH base, apparently that base sends constant BTN2 (pickle button) signal. So as soon as I select a bomb, it drops. If I pickle once when starting the mission (on the VPC that is), the button state seems to get reset and the problem doesn't appear.

So possibly more a problem related to how things are wired in the WH base than a DCS issue. It is not in any way related to the centerline station as I first thought.

Glad to hear that you figured it out.

Might I ask why you're using two setups?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

Glad to hear that you figured it out.

Might I ask why you're using two setups?

Thanks! Sure, I bought an Obutto Ozone chair a few months ago, with centerstick mount and so on. It's standing next to my desk (not really a good chair for office use). This is perfect for VR when playing actual missions. However, when just fiddling around in the editor and learning new weapons and systems, I very much prefer using screen instead of VR and sit in front of my desk, having manuals and coffee ready. It was a hassle to unscrew the who joystick/base from the Obutto everytime I needed it on the desk, so I bought an extra base from Virpil (just moving the grip only takes 20-30 seconds).

Also, sometimes the new little wing(wo)man prefers me using one or the other. :thumbup:

VR_Rig.PNG.5571d56fa6c9f9661b290b75dabea4aa.PNG

Hm, good idea, actually. I'm at the place where I want a chair like that, but I also use my pc for other stuff, so it won't do. But having two setups, one for DCS and one for everything else, would work..

-