Ships omni light

SVKSniper

I used the lights from the temptextures folder... They seem to work.

In user Define I have

TYPE = "fake_lights";

In the materials editor I have

Material - fake_omni_lights

Opacity - Blend

Remember the size of the plane is the size of the light.

Still trying to figure out on how to animate the lights...

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Is your question:

How do you make the usual little lights work WITHOUT using the bano method?

What is the argument needed to have the lights turn on?

or both?

Someone remind me about this tomorrow.

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

Have you tried the spline method? Or just the square planes with alpha texture?

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

• 4 years later...

My set up for ship lights are as follows

Diffuse 100%

Self illumination 100%

Opacity 100%

Spec level 100

Glossiness 100

Set to self transparent illumination, material linked to a plane shape on 3dx max.

make 3 plane shapes that way the light is visible from different angle or add a 2 sided option or "billboard" so that its always facing while you look at it from any direction.

Also add omni lights and link them to your plane shapes and ARG# so that the omni light illuminates the surroundings according to your liking,im sure there are better ways but this is how I go about doing this.

Digital_Combat_Simulator_4_19_2019_9_30_50_PM.png

Screenshot_4.png

Edited by cubanace

• 3 weeks later...
My set up for ship lights are as follows

Diffuse 100%

Self illumination 100%

Opacity 100%

Spec level 100

Glossiness 100

Set to self transparent illumination, material linked to a plane shape on 3dx max.

make 3 plane shapes that way the light is visible from different angle or add a 2 sided option or "billboard" so that its always facing while you look at it from any direction.

Also add omni lights and link them to your plane shapes and ARG# so that the omni light illuminates the surroundings according to your liking,im sure there are better ways but this is how I go about doing this.

Digital_Combat_Simulator_4_19_2019_9_30_50_PM.png

Screenshot_4.png

I'm facing problem trying to setup the lights of my projects.

I would like to create the front and rear car lights, with the bloom effects while looking from the front, like it's done on the IA traffic car for example.

RtYhq3eVUL6Pc262Q4ezzWx9pIGBmF

I'm pretty noob in 3D modelling, I've already setup my model with "basic" texturing etc....but I can't figure out how to create the lights. Can you tell me the exact step ( maybe with screen of 3ds max ) to recreate this king of lights in game?

Thanks

Thanks

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!