TM F-18C Joystick Adapter for GunfighterII??

Davee

I guess that will be more easy:

Buy an VKB adapter and Shift Register PCB for Warthog and install both in this B-8 grip than use "guts" of SGC, because insides are based all in interlocking PCB's.

The F-4 grip has a large box directly beneath it (a force-feel transducer for its flight control system similar to the F-16 stick). I am pretty sure I can use my real F-4 stick setup to design a nearly identically shaped/sized box that can hold all of the PCBs. The extra B-8 grip I have is for a helo setup: it can be mounted on a hollow pipe and has all of the switch wires dangling down. I should be able to interface those wires in place of the original switches and get exactly what I want. The transducer box will act like a stick extension with the VKB adapter at the bottom. I already have a length of aluminum pipe that is nearly identical in dimensions to VKB extensions, so I should be able to build a complete setup that looks fairly close to my real F-4 stick, but attaches to the VKB Gunfighter II base.

Edited by streakeagle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great to learn this!

Under what column does the stick appear in the SIM set up screen. Still under VKB? I also wonder if the TM config tool was used if it would identify the TM stick as a TM stick in the SIM setup screen.

Thanks for the detailed info on the filing. (I assume you mean filing the adapter and not the stick?)

I can't remember the exact name, but the column name included the TMW identifier, so I would expect different columns for different firmwares/stick grips.

There are now two VKB profiles in my F-5E input config:

1) VKB-Sim Gunfighter TMW

2) VKB-Sim Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro

The F/A-18 grip is 100% intact. I filed the top-front edge of the adapter to have a rounded profile until I could fit the adapter in correctly. I think I just barely filed it down enough to fit. While I didn't match the radius of the Hornet grip, no light can be seen between the adapter and the stick at the tangent point where they appear to be touching each other.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't remember the exact name, but the column name included the TMW identifier, so I would expect different columns for different firmwares/stick grips.

There are now two VKB profiles in my F-5E input config:

1) VKB-Sim Gunfighter TMW

2) VKB-Sim Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro

The F/A-18 grip is 100% intact. I filed the top-front edge of the adapter to have a rounded profile until I could fit the adapter in correctly. I think I just barely filed it down enough to fit. While I didn't match the radius of the Hornet grip, no light can be seen between the adapter and the stick at the tangent point where they appear to be touching each other.

Thanks a bunch!

I'm installing my WH Stick today (broke a button wire) and testing how it feels. With your information and how I feel about the results of the WH mounting, I will probably get the F-18 stick ordered shortly.

Thanks again.

Cats . . .