Inertial Starter not working - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-25-2019, 06:09 AM   #1
Proteuswave

Default Inertial Starter not working

Hi guys. Running the latest open beta.

When doing a cold and dark start with the plane I cannot get any response when calling for the inertial starter anyone else having this?

Intel i7 6700 3.4Ghz , 32gig ripjaw ram , Asus Strix RX480 OC 8gb , Samsung 850 Pro SSD, Asus ROG VIII Ranger Z170 Motherboard.
Proteuswave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 07:07 AM   #2
JG13~Wulf

It's not the inertial starter the problem.
1) The always to think about it possibility :
The base need to be the right color

2) The bug :
Contact with ground crew was bugged. You have to call and call and call again until you finally get an answer. Yesterday I get no problem on Burning Skies. Ground crew answered each time. But the voice of ground crew is still bugged. Sometimes you don't hear answer but they answer. Check text upper left of screen.
Old 08-25-2019, 10:14 AM   #3
LeCuvier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG13~Wulf View Post
It's not the inertial starter the problem.
1) The always to think about it possibility :
The base need to be the right color

2) The bug :
Contact with ground crew was bugged. You have to call and call and call again until you finally get an answer. Yesterday I get no problem on Burning Skies. Ground crew answered each time. But the voice of ground crew is still bugged. Sometimes you don't hear answer but they answer. Check text upper left of screen.
Confirm. But in my experience it's not just ground crew. I also find that I have to issue messages to ATC or AI wingmen several times before I get an answer.
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 04:19 PM   #4
iFoxRomeo

Yeah, the ground crew needs a few tries to do anything.

But you can at least reduce this problem: Set a keybinding for the inertial starter. Then you don´t have to call anyone for it.

Fox
iFoxRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:04 AM   #5
grafspee

Why germans put crank handle outside, they should put it in the cocpit so pilot can crank starter.
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote