AIM-7

Mods-o_joy

There is an old thread about this on the now read-only release bugs board, but i think its still a valid topic as that thread was relatively inconclusive, why is the AIM-7 Literally useless as an A2A Weapon? It barely gets 10 mile range and does not hit its boost speed before it cuts off and starts gliding, severely limiting its use, and for some jets like the F-14 removing a major weapon from inventory.

A10C - Block 5+7, AV8B/NA Harrier, F-14B.

Pentium G4560, GTX 1050Ti, 20GB's total, 1x16GB Kingston Hyper X, And a 1x4GB Avexir Core Series kit, fleamarket mouse/keyboard, i swear it works fine :megalol:

ED recently updated the AIM-7's to have better guidance and better kinematics (hard to imagine it used to be worse!). But there are still odities with its guidance and chaff is way to effective and can even impact missiles that it shouldn't. Although I am in agreement in that it does seem like its still a bit to draggy and/or the sustain is to weak. Unfortunately I have nothing to prove or disprove this...

If you are seeing issues with the AIM-7, and you can only find a very old report, please create a new one, with a new description and tracks, please.

Its not quite a bug as it is the current design and implementation of the AIM-7 within DCS. for instance, the AIM-7F/M currently in sim Only accelerates to about Mach 1.7 (just ballpark guess) or 1,100 knots, when it should be pushing 2,500 or more before starting its glide phase, this greatly reduces its range, and ability to touch a target, especially a maneuvering one well inside what should be >90% PK Range (10 miles or less). a track really wont help ED here since its literally as simple as fire an AIM-7 at any target outside of 7-10 miles in proper combat, unless the pilot flies into it intentionally it has an almost nil ability to connect.

A10C - Block 5+7, AV8B/NA Harrier, F-14B.

Pentium G4560, GTX 1050Ti, 20GB's total, 1x16GB Kingston Hyper X, And a 1x4GB Avexir Core Series kit, fleamarket mouse/keyboard, i swear it works fine :megalol: