The UH-1H Huey Livery thread

diveplane

with the last updates, uh-1 become very shiny. even with the liveries which were suppose to to look matte

This means nothing can be done? It looks so ugly compared to the Mi-8.

Remove all the SPEC files from the skin folder and then open the description.lua file and change the corresponding lines to "true". See if that works.

Thanks for the hint. That's how I had it initially...it also was too shiny. That's why I started to play around with the spec file.

I don't have that problem you mentioned but maybe we're not using the same template. There are different ones around.

Well, I'm also using the one from the digitalcombatsimulator user file page. There's another one around somewhere which is double the size though....also shiny though. I start wondering if it's a DDS conversion issue?

And yeah, it's so annoying when the skin is more or less done and you can't finish due to technical issues.

Edited by rge75

I was told that the the edm model of the huey has a shiny textured effect so no matter what colour you use DCS will gice you a shinu effect - the effects the seen colour used.... Mi8 and SA342 use a matt effect - so my understanding is that if you use the same colour in both psd files what you see in dcs will be different.... so you will never get a perfect match between the models..

I ended up darkening the texture in the psd to get "more or less" the result I wanted. Not a perfect match, but I can live with it.

saf.thumb.JPG.8b65c2e2074de1fe8b1a6838205b5228.JPG

Here's my HT-18 skin, in the first screenshots it looks very shiny like yours, but in the other shots it looks as it's supposed to be, matte. It was always matte, but a few days ago when I was updating my skin I used the SPEC to see how it would look like with the SPECS, but it ended up looking awful :D So I removed it. It's working here, I'm just mad about the fact that some objects are out of place. Not sure why...

ED2HQKl.jpg

4sFNrUp.jpg

rbtQeIW.jpg

yaWmnsH.jpg

cbTmmYB.jpg

Here's my HT-18 skin, in the first screenshots it looks very shiny like yours, but in the other shots it looks as it's supposed to be, matte. It was always matte, but a few days ago when I was updating my skin I used the SPEC to see how it would look like with the SPECS, but it ended up looking awful :D So I removed it. It's working here, I'm just mad about the fact that some objects are out of place. Not sure why...

IMO it's looking good though. Sure, I don't know how the red looks like in your template and how it's intended to look like, but from what I can say, it looks fine.

The objects out of place can't have anything to do with the original specs file? Well, on the other hand, I should also have that problem in that case.

Well, it's not red, it's supposed to be orange, almost a red in my eyes though.

I don't understand this issue because it looks fine in photoshop, they are perfectly aligned, but even when you render the files to .dds, which tells me that it has nothing to do with .dds itself, it looks fine in photoshop and .dds, which are 2D images, now, when you open the game and take a look at the objects you'll see that they are misaligned, so it has something to do with the template and the 3D model. Some stock skins have the same issue, others which look different (they were probably made with an older template) don't have that issue.

Belsimtek hasn't replied to me yet.

Also, the image below is another skin, not the one you saw earlier.

YlDEKPf.jpg

• 4 months later...

I needed a skin for the Persian Gulf. Then I realized how crappy the template/mapping is. Holy moly!! So I figured, I should do one or two more. Now as I have done a base. Well, it's not exactly one or two in the end... lol

If the NSRC would operate a Huey. This one here is based on an AW139:

NSCR.png

NSCR-logo-detail.png

AbuDhabi Aviation. They operate 212s and 214s. Some of them ("Bombers") were used for firefighting in Europe.

I had to make some compromises, because of the sh***ty mapping and due to the fact that the UH-1 is not a 212. So bare with me. ;)

A6-BBS.png

A6-BBR.png

A6-BBO.png

A6-BBC.png

A6-BBA.png

Same applies like for the ones above. Aerogulf skins based on 212s aswell:

A6-ALX.png

A6-ALU.png

A6-ALV.png

Any interest in these? :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all , im unsure if this is the correct place to ask this. if not please accept my apologies.

I've had the huey since it was released and due to family commitments I've not given it much time sadly , but since the kids have grown older im finding more spare time and finally got back into flying on dcs and loving it.

as im from Scotland I would love a livery from the RAF but I am not experienced enough to make this happen. I would be greatly appreciative if someone could help out.

the RAF do have Hueys in service from what I can find (until last year) https://www.raf.mod.uk/aircraft/griffin-har2/

any help would be much appreciated

thanks

technical

If you setting up a UK Huey in your mission, don't you have already a skin for the RAF?

Thanks for the reply. As I predominately play multiplayer I wasn't aware there was a skin on single player so had a nosey and found a UK skin for the Huey that doesnt show as an option on multiplayer,I managed to find another via the user files that after some effort I managed to get working online.

Thanks for your help

Thanks for the reply. As I predominately play multiplayer I wasn't aware there was a skin on single player so had a nosey and found a UK skin for the Huey that doesnt show as an option on multiplayer,I managed to find another via the user files that after some effort I managed to get working online.

Thanks for your help

Send me the skin and I'll see if I can get it working for you. You are probably running into a country naming issue, so if the UK skin you like is only for a UK faction then it won't be available as an option on a multiplayer server that has US as the listed blue air force. All you have to do is open the .lua inside of the folder and add "USA" to the list of countries. I'd happily do it for you if you do not know how, I just need a link to DL it myself.

~Rob

Send me the skin and I'll see if I can get it working for you. You are probably running into a country naming issue, so if the UK skin you like is only for a UK faction then it won't be available as an option on a multiplayer server that has US as the listed blue air force. All you have to do is open the .lua inside of the folder and add "USA" to the list of countries. I'd happily do it for you if you do not know how, I just need a link to DL it myself.

~Rob

Rob you are a gentleman ,

took your advice and had a look at he country in the .lua and added USA and it now works

thanks very much for your help.:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Many thanks ;)

I7 4770K / 1080 TI / 16GB RAM / VR Q2 / 3X IIYAMA 27 / T.16000M FCS TWCS / TRACK IR PRO

A-10C II / F/A18 C / F-14 / F16-C / M-2000C / F-86F Sabre / C-101 / SPITFIRE LF / P-51D / FW 190 D-9 / FW 190 A-B / Bf 109 K-4

CHRISTEN EAGLE II / YAK-52 / UH-1H Huey / SA 342

CHANNEL MAP / NEVADA / NORMANDY /  PERSIAN / SYRIA / SUPERCARRIER /

TAKE OFF FRANCE.FR

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Canadian SAR Skin

I have upgraded computer and with DCS I can no longer get the Canadian SAR skin working with 2.5 in fact Canada does not even show in list of skins in game

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb