Why does the "Alert Network" switch break the plane?

Galf

Isn't it just a switch to keep certain systems always powered up? I accidentally discovered its existance when my cousin went to click around and got that to show up (it's behind the emergency compass, right of the warnings panel)

I tried to replicate the issue to see if it could be solved, and what it actually caused, but I can't seem to find a way to solve it, just cycling the switch once breaks the plane, the following warning lights show up:

VSD (DSV): Engine ByPass ratio slats fault (marked as NOT FUNCTIONAL???)

MAN: FCS single failure, restricts maneuverability

GAIN: FWB auto gain failure and/or fixed gain enabled

T/O (DECOL): T/O config incorrect

I tried to lurk around the pit to find a solution to these lights but I couldn't find one, also I couldn't find why such a system would brick the plane.

Any information on this would be appreciated, the fact that it lights up a "not functional" light makes me want to post this on the bug forums :D

edit: it does nothing in the air, but once there's weight on wheels it bricks everything, I found that the only way to un-brick the plane was to restart the engine (but the DECOL light would never go away on the ground, tried a takeoff and land and it showed up again on land, tried cycling the AP to solve it, nothing.)

I suppose it works with weight on wheels because it triggers the QRA mode to stop the INS from going off, but even then, why would it shut off everything else? It even made me unable to control the throttle.

Edited by Galf

QRA switch allow to keep only the AC and DC QRA bus (Alert Network) powered with GPU connected

Alert Network powers only INS, Main Calc, UHF (Ampli 1) and back up lightning

When Engine start up button is pressed, QRA is desactivated and normal electrical power is provided by GPU to all systems

No link with WoW

QRA switch allow to keep only the AC and DC QRA bus (Alert Network) powered with GPU connected

Alert Network powers only INS, Main Calc, UHF (Ampli 1) and back up lightning

When Engine start up button is pressed, QRA is desactivated and normal electrical power is provided by GPU to all systems

No link with WoW

Well it is linked with WoW because I tried it - if you touch the ground, the QRA switch kicks in, if you liftoff again it goes out. Maybe it's not supposed to, but it works like that ingame.

I didn't think it would actively kill power to everything else though - what would be its usage in DCS? Rearming with engine off?

QRA network functionnality is not implemented in DCS so i would not loose to much time trying to figure out what is happening if i were you ;)

IMO, it would have no usage in DCS so i don't think it will be implemented.

IRL, seems to be mostly used to minimize electrical needs needed from a GPU to power only specific systems for M2000 being on QRA duty, as they could be standing on QRA for several hours. At least that's how i understand it.

Who cares about GPU autonomy in DCS ? :)

Edited by Steph21

QRA network functionnality is not implemented in DCS so i would not loose to much time trying to figure out what is happening if i were you ;)

IMO, it would have no usage in DCS so i don't think it will be implemented.

IRL, seems to be mostly used to minimize electrical needs needed from a GPU to power only specific systems for M2000 being on QRA duty, as they could be standing on QRA for several hours. At least that's how i understand it.

Who cares about GPU autonomy in DCS ? :)

I agree! Just wanted to figure out a bit of that switch since if you accidentally click it it WILL kill the plane, on the ground :'D