Can I do this?

lazduc

Can I download DCS World to a thumb drive? Can I download all my modules to separate thumb drives? I have about 20 8gb thumb drives. I want to start downloading everything I have purchased. I do not at this time ( putting in new graphics cards in two weeks) want to download anything to my new built computer as I will be changing some things that will probably trigger the copy protection.

After downloading everything and have made all the changes to my new system, then I will install my pick of what I want to load from my modules. Should be in about two weeks. :D

If I use a Oculus and then change over to a 50in display or move to my triple displays...will this trigger the copy protection?

The reason for putting each module on a separate thumb drive is to have the choice of what I want to have access to. If I have everything loaded and there are upgrades/repairs/that load automatically and cause problems, I will only have to deal with one or two modules.

When an upgrade comes along for the different modules I will download over the existing module after I find that it will not cause problems.

This way I will only have the modules that will operate correctly on my system to start.

Since I have about two weeks to wait until my new cards come in I have time for downloading.

Laz :D

Hi Lazduc,

You can just copy the complete "DCS World folder" as a backup, no needed to reinstall eveything. You can just copy and paste the DCS folder, I did this and put the whole Install on a new SSD Drive.

You should Deactivate all your modules,

Switch cards,

Then Reactivate the modules you want or delete the onces you want to uninstall etc.

Changing Graphic Card - Issues with DCS?

If you deactivate you get an activation back iirc.

No a GPU change doesnt, but if hes made any other changess prior it may exceed the points

Each license (disk) has initial 10 activations plus AAA technology (described below).

If StarForce detects changes to your computer hardware/software as described below, an

activation will be required.

An activation will be required if the hardware/software changes exceed 12 points as rated

below:

CPU ID: 13

Windows PID: 3

Computer Name: 3

Hard drive volume serial number: 3

MAC address: 6

RAM amount: 6

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Yeah you can copy the entire install to thumb drives or other hard-drives for backup purposes.

From the sounds of it you are mostly worried about losing a key to starforce upon PC changes. To avoid that you can deactivate your key using the starforce application in each modules folder. So for the A-10C it is in \DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\bin as "a10_protect.exe". I think all modules have a "protect.exe" in their respective folder for deactivation. When you deactivate you get a key back. Once the changes are made you can launch the game and enter your keys in.

Changing monitor and Oculus outputs won't trigger starforce.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum