G

jafa

Hi Jafa,

Thanks again for creating this awesome sound pack, al thou can't help myself just politely asking how the testing with the horseman is going?

also I just watched this video of Kermie in the mustang

and i thought it may have some usable sound samples? (by the sound of what you have presented so far I don't think you will need it but just in case)

Cheers

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good vids but im afraid that the distortion from go pros often ruins the usability of the audio , interesting to see how much boost he was using on takeoff though , way more than I use in sim.

Cheers

Jafa

[sIGPIC]picture.php?albumid=1526&pictureid=9861[/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Got a new surround sound speaker setup in place anxiously waiting to let that mustang engine roar to life and wake the neighbors! (and or more realistically piss the wife off :) )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

G Composition

First flyby.

I don't think there is anything in the air, not F-15, not Su-33, nor even any ordinance, that can express the strain of power that the P-51 in that flyby expressed to my ears. As much as I love all western aircraft in DCS, the Pony is my favorite.

Thanks Jafa.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

• 1 month later...

Work on the merlins was completed and tested some time ago , there have also been many revisions since my initial announcement so the release has been severely delayed and its about to get even longer as im planning to release a package very soon for the mig 29 , this is in order for me to see if people like my work and weather its worth carrying on or not.

Cheers

Jafa

We know ED rebuilds cockpit sounds for Spit (at least). Nobody knows when they'll be released, though. Meanwhile, any mod is better than current stock sounds, plus, whatever mod revision we heard in your last teaser clips, they were already superior to DivePlane's mods.

Can't comment on modern jet planes, 'cause I don't own them, but for the rest, from my point of view, it's very obviously "worth carrying on".

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Hi Jafa,

Your Merlin sounds will go a very long way to create immersion. Something I miss greatly at the stage of development these aircraft are currently in. DCS IMHO, are not the best in this area.

I would suggest that your Merlin sounds will go a very long way in providing simmers with an understanding and great appreciation of your warbird work as well as the Mig soundpack.

I do hope you will reconsider releasing the Merlin sounds. I have been looking forward to them from when you indicated they were being tested by the Horsemen.

Best regards,

Cats . . . . .

Hi Jafa,

I also agree with Catseye that there a probably quite a lot of flyers itching to have a decent merlin sound for their Mustang or Spitfire. Your preview video's have shown a clear mastery of the sound game, and I for one (at least twice a week) are always looking to see if a new post on the "G" thread pop up on the mustang thread and get excited thinking, here it is!

Sounds like you have been creating great things through a number of sims over the years and like contributing to the community, I have just spent countless hours helping a developer on x-plane improve his next release because I want it to be as good as it can for everyone else who might fly it.

Im assuming thats why you also went on this journey to create this soundpack and share it with everyone...and since the merlin sounds have been completed theres only one thing left to do lol

bestow this great community your awesome gift and get ready for the "wow"s and "holy crap"

and "this is amazing" comments and we obviously look forward to the Mig 29 as well :)

Cheers... please!!!!

I too, wish for the Mustang and Spitfire sounds. If Mustang sounds have been completed, couldn't at least those sounds be released? ED's Merlin sounds made me vomit, but then when I got Diveplane's sounds, it was bliss! Ecstasy, even!

Now I'm retching at Diveplane's sounds!

So, at least Mustang sounds? Seems a little unfair that VH gets to use them...

Edited by Magic Zach

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Keep us updated. More videos please!! If these sound as good as they sound in the videos, these should be integrated into DCS because they're so good! More teaser videos, please?

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

He has kept you up to date - there isn't much pointin doing more videos of the same sounds and delaying the release even further...

Work on the merlins was completed and tested some time ago , there have also been many revisions since my initial announcement so the release has been severely delayed and its about to get even longer as im planning to release a package very soon for the mig 29 , this is in order for me to see if people like my work and weather its worth carrying on or not.

Cheers

Jafa

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

• 1 month later...

Any word? MiG-29 sounds stunning!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The sounds are too noisy almost muffled, they should be crisp and clear. Also, the sound staging and sound position are not quite there.. Can this mode be used as a sound hack? Just curious..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Nearly year since the tease. Unusual for 3rd party mods.

I know ,when they come look out for new thread D

Lots of other sound development and moving to the other side of the world has taken its toll.

Cheers

Jafa.