New GME software

sedenion

I hope it was not asked before (a little lazy to read the 425 pages :( ) but could you please provide an option to disable all the mods with one click (yes it confirms I'm lazy ;) )

Too lazy to check the menu? it's under Mods ...

I hope it was not asked before (a little lazy to read the 425 pages :( ) but could you please provide an option to disable all the mods with one click (yes it confirms I'm lazy ;) )

As Livers said, the function is under the Mods menu... You also can select all (or a bunch of) mods in the list (like in the explorer, with shift-click, or ctrl-click) and click the "Disable Selected" button... (If any mod selected is allready disabled it will be ignored)

Long time JSGME user. Was very excited bout converting to OvGME until I realized that the mod load order is slaved alphabetically and cannot be customized. PLEASE tell me that I'm missing something.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Long time JSGME user. Was very excited bout converting to OvGME until I realized that the mod load order is slaved alphabetically and cannot be customized. PLEASE tell me that I'm missing something.

You are missing nothing, yes, they are "slaved alphabetically": In the order where they are in the list, to be algorithmically correct, and the list is built in alphabetical order. What is the problem with that for you ?

• Like 1

That there are situations where you may want to force a mod to load before another one. Indeed this is the only feauture of JSGME that I miss in OvGME.

I guess this is to apply some mods that conflicts/overlaps with each other... right ?

The fact is that this should be avoided the most as possible. Currently OVGME is not really designed to handle this situation smartly, it only warns you that this may cause backup corruption.

I will make some thinking about this issue... then, may be, thinking about a way to order the list in custom way (this is way more complex)

Edited by sedenion

Moved to OVGME last night after eons using JSGME. I saved 18 Gb's of SSD space which is reason in itself to change but I do like the fact you can have your mod folder wherever you want it and the flexibility that brings

Thank you creator sedenion :)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The fact is that this should be avoided the most as possible. Currently OVGME is not really designed to handle this situation smartly, it only warns you that this may cause backup corruption.

To be reassuring, i just checked my code, and currently, no backup corruption can occur. The original (first) backup file is kept as reference for restore. You only may encounter some restore error message, but nothing serious.

Moved to OVGME last night after eons using JSGME. I saved 18 Gb's of SSD space which is reason in itself to change but I do like the fact you can have your mod folder wherever you want it and the flexibility that brings

Thank you creator sedenion :)

I use it for a long time and work fine, I would never go back to JSGME ...

Thank Sedenion , nice work :thumbup:

:pilotfly:

Thanks all for support :D

So, i checked my code... there is no major issue with overlapping mods, so until i find a way to make the list order customisable (this would be a huge work), you can workaround simply by applying the mod individually (by double-clic instead of global selection) in the order you want it/them to be applied. Notice that this would not work for profiles. Another trick could be to rename mods folders with numbers at the beginning of the name, would be easy for folders, but problematic for zip ones.

Edited by sedenion

Thanks all for support :D

So, i checked my code... there is no major issue with overlapping mods, so until i find a way to make the list order customisable (this would be a huge work), you can workaround simply by applying the mod individually (by double-clic instead of global selection) in the order you want it/them to be applied. Notice that this would not work for profiles. Another trick could be to rename mods folders with numbers at the beginning of the name, would be easy for folders, but problematic for zip ones.

Yah, mod order is sometimes important to avoid cancelling out some effects. I have, as you described been renaming mods to work around the issue. OvGME is worth this extra effort.

Thank you for your response and continued support.

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

@ Chic

When i used to run JSGME I dealt with this problem by numbering folders in the order that they should be loaded, this sorted out the problem of confusion. When i changed over to OVGME last year i carried the method over, it works well.

Edited by Strut

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

@ Chic

When i used to run JSGME I dealt with this problem by numbering folders in the order that they should be loaded, this sorted out the problem of confusion. When i changed over to OVGME last year i carried the method over, it works well.

My Man!

JUST CHOPPERS

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

I have a question. Maybe discussed in previous pages. I'm too lazy. :)

I created a zip file for OvGME as follows;

Aaa.zip

Aaa

README.txt

VERSION.txt

Mods

Helloworld.dds

As you see, we have a Aaa.zip file. When open it, you'll see Aaa folder (exactly same name with zip file) and text files. When click on Aaa, you'll see Mods folder and the rest etc.etc.

When I prepare this, OvGME won't see it as proper zip file, but if I use Make Mod-Archive feature, then OvGME will see it properly.

At this step; I examine very carefully those two zip files (one is mine, other is OvGME's), but can't find and difference!! Why OvGME doesn't see zip file created by me?

Thank you.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

At this step; I examine very carefully those two zip files (one is mine, other is OvGME's), but can't find and difference!! Why OvGME doesn't see zip file created by me?

I don't know, theoricaly a "manually-made" zip should work the same as the automatic way... i have to compare the two zip files myself in order to may be found what is causing this. However, at first approach, i have one idea: OvGME is case sensitive, are you sure you respected letters case between zip filename and folder name ?

I observed something similar Devrim.

Also zip files made by OvGME are not always "openable" by my 7zip.

I didn't gave more importance though... lack of time,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Ok. I figured out how my problem happened.

I click right-mouse-click on target folder and select SEND TO and COMPRESSED FOLDER feature of Windows (Win7x64 HomePr.). Then it doesn't work. OvGME won't see my mod zip.

Simply if I use WinRAR to zip the mod folder, it works.

By the way, WinRAR says "MyBlablaMod.zip - SFX ZIP volume, unpacked size ## bytes" for the mod zip created by OvGME, but it only says "MyBlablaMod.zip - ZIP archive, unpacked size ## bytes" for the mod zip created by me...

Whatever. It's OK for me for now.

Thank you guys.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

Found the error, but i don't know how to fix it, because this is mainly due to how Windows did things (à usual) badly...

The main reason is here: To check if a zip file is a valid mod, OvGME list all folders recorded in the Zip "table-of-content". The folders are usualy identified as "path" as follow:

folder/

folder/subfolder1/

folder/subfolder1/subfolder2

folder/subfolder1/subfolder3

etc..

This is where OvGME checks if any of these "path" is equal to the zip filename... ex: "folder/" == "folder.zip" => test passed !

But, when you create a zip file like you describe using the "Send To" command, the zip table of content does not include the FIRST folder, it begin directly like that:

folder/subfolder1/

folder/subfolder1/subfolder2

folder/subfolder1/subfolder3

So, the test ""folder/" == "folder.zip"" fail because there is no "folder/" in the table of content...

However, yes, as you can see, most zip extractor are tolerating this infraction and the zip file still valid, because they automatically assume that even if the first "folder/" is not listed, this "folder/" must be created by definition, since all subfolders are within it...

Well... This kind of "infraction" is Microsoft typical... (they always do things that complicate the life of the rest of the world)

:)))

Got it mate.

Thank you so much for your attention.

Well; I've seen this software month ago you know. I was busy, couldn't pay attention on it, but now I can use it for my all mods, and the mods that will be released by me in the future.

This is great software to manage the mods. I think I won't look back at JGSME again.

Thanks a lot.

See you.

I fixed the issue with Zip files created using Windows Explorer... they now can be correctly recognized as valid mod-archive. However, since it is not a major bug, i will don't make a new release only for that right now.

Zaelu:

Also zip files made by OvGME are not always "openable" by my 7zip.

I didn't gave more importance though... lack of time,

I you can give me an example of a "not working" zip file created by OvGME, il will investigate that.

• Like 3