DCS Visrtual Cockpit for Android (iControl DCS)

boarder2

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bummer.. thanks for the reply any plans on providing this functionality in the future

Unlikely, that's not the goal of this project. Sorry :(

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

Yeah, talked to him a while back and we thought maybe we could do something but haven't heard much since.

Hard to pull stuff like that together when they're side projects for the people creating them :)

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

• 5 months later...
So, here's a preview of what's to come in the next major version.

Custom views!

You'll be able to pick and choose what controls you want side by side and will be able to have as many views as you want. You'll be able to have a different layout for when the device is rotated portrait vs landscape as well.

Thoughts?

Ahh, ahh, ahh, This is exactly what I need for my Couger MFD's and 2x 9" tablets setup.

I have bought all options of DCS Virtual Cockpit Android, in the hopes that this would happen.

An option that I would like to see, is whether or not to have the button surround, of the MFCD's on the android device.

If that is not possible, then it should be possible to resize the MFCD's, so the button surround is extended beyond the screen edges of the android device.

My 9" tablet's screen fits exactly on 3 sides, with the hole in the Couger MFD's.

Do you have any time horisont on this?

If it is a long way into the future, then I have a small suggestion, that may be quicker to implement.

It would be nice to be able to chose, if the single MFCD is on the left, or right side of the android screen in landscape mode.

Keep up the good work. It is very much appreciated.

AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core

ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0

32GB DDR3 1600 Dual Channel

GeForce GTX 970 4GB

23,6”+32”+23,6 16/9 screens

CH Flightstick Pro, Modded TM T:16000m, Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant, G27, TH Cougar MFD's

Ahh, ahh, ahh, This is exactly what I need for my Couger MFD's and 2x 9" tablets setup.

Right now the project is back on the shelf for me. It's hard to find time to get wrapped up in it enough to finish it these days! I'll see what I can do to make some time later this year.

Thanks for the feedback though, I didn't consider that someone might just use tablets as repeaters for the cougar MFDs!

boarder2, did you happen to see my post in the other thread from November, asking if there is any way to have a black background to the CDU text screen?

Sorry, I must have missed it. I replied to it in that thread!

• 1 month later...

Looking for a handful of people to help test a new version with editable views!

PM me if you're interested.

@boarder2,

Been very curious about this for some time, had a copy of 'A-10 VC Free' but struggled to get it connected.

Would love to start fresh if you just let me know what I need besides my current iPad (MC770CH/A), 32GB and updated installation instructions.

If I need to purchase the program(s), just tell me what, where I need to get it. Money is not an issue (within reason), I just want to eliminate as much of the mouse & keyboard as possible..

Please advise,

TrackIR5 - TM HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - Saitek Cessena Footpedals - Razer Orbweaver

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

@boarder2,

Been very curious about this for some time, had a copy of 'A-10 VC Free' but struggled to get it connected.

Would love to start fresh if you just let me know what I need besides my current iPad (MC770CH/A), 32GB and updated installation instructions.

Unfortunately, this is just for the Android version at this time. iPad and Android are two separate applications and the way I originally wrote the iPad version would make this type of screen layout pretty much impossible without rewriting the majority of the application. Not sure if I'll ever get around to doing that being one guy doing this in my spare time! :)

@boarder2,

All's not lost, we'll take this one step at a time :)

a) what is the status of the iPad latest version? I'm really looking for the UFC, Control Display Unit (CDU) and Auxiliary Avionics Panel (AAP)? Was that 'product' put on the shelf for the Andriod version. No problemo.

b) what's your recommended size for an Android tablet? They seem pretty cheap these days and I guess I could always use one. I have NO loyalty to Apple :)

I could just grab an Andriod and we're back to a clean start. Done...I can have one delivered in a day. What else do I need?

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

a) what is the status of the iPad latest version? I'm really looking for the UFC, Control Display Unit (CDU) and Auxiliary Avionics Panel (AAP)? Was that 'product' put on the shelf for the Andriod version. No problemo.

iControl DCS (full paid version of A-10 Virtual Cockpit) on iPad does have UFC, CDU and AAP. The screenshots on the app store don't show the AAP, but it is there if you use the tablet in landscape mode!

b) what's your recommended size for an Android tablet? They seem pretty cheap these days and I guess I could always use one. I have NO loyalty to Apple :)

I could just grab an Andriod and we're back to a clean start. Done...I can have one delivered in a day. What else do I need?

Just about any android tablet running Lollipop or later that can access the Google Play store (Amazon tablets won't work out of the box, for example) should work. Personally I use an NVidia Shield K1 to test with. It's an 8" tablet which is kind of small if you want to do a combo UFC/MFCD set up. 10" would be better for that.

Other than the tablet, the only thing you'd need is a Google Play account so I can add you to the group of testers.

Be aware that if you are interested in testing, that this is still unfinished and definitely still has bugs in it. There are things that don't work right, and new builds could potentially break stuff, etc.

I have been busy with my Lefty HOTAS mod, but here is my take on a TM MFD Cougar/Android combo.

TM MFD Cougar/Android combo

Happy Simming

AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core

ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0

GeForce GTX 970 4GB

CH Flightstick Pro, Modded TM T:16000m, Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant, G27, TH Cougar MFD's

DCS Virtual Cockpit for Android was a large reason for me to chose Android tablets.

Another reason is the price for one tablet, is a third of the price for one of the popular Lilliput 8” monitors, the only 8” 4x3 monitor I could find at the time.

Happy Simming

AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core

ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0

GeForce GTX 970 4GB

I have been trying this app (on iPad) last weekend. Installed the server, got all the green "V"'s on the screen, and the iPad said "connected".

However...: pressing buttons or switches on the iPad didn't do anything... Is that correct? Or am I missing something? All it did was showing the screens on the iPad, no interaction possible..

Probably either something wrong in the server settings or problems with your export.lua that are causing the script to not run.

Please open a support ticket by going to https://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html and filling out the support widget in the lower left corner. We'll figure it out there. Thanks!

Hey boarder2, I tried the app and it works quite well (the testversion). But I wonder about a certain thing.

1.) How am I supposed to avoid the exported displays sitting right on my main screen? Luckily I am running 2 screens so I can move them onto the 2nd screen, but how would I do that if I wont have 2nd screen?

2.) The app on my Android device does not recognize the time I keep a button pushed. For example the MFCD Function to reset the load option once my Weapon loadout has changed. By holding down the STAT button I can setup new buttons like load, but the app does not provide this option as it simply recognizes button pressed, button not pressed. It does not recognize button kept pressed.

Besides this, its a good thing, will you add additional content? In your initial post 4 years ago you mentioned to probably adding new Planes and such. Any update on this?

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

1.) How am I supposed to avoid the exported displays sitting right on my main screen? Luckily I am running 2 screens so I can move them onto the 2nd screen, but how would I do that if I wont have 2nd screen?

Unfortunately, you can't. Unless someone's come up with a way to accurately access the "shared memory" exports that are supposed to exist but don't actually work then this is the best I can do.

UltraMFCD does tap into the sim directly and I talked with the guy about maybe doing some partnering but that hasn't happened yet and I'm not sure either of us has enough time to make it a reality.

2.) The app on my Android device does not recognize the time I keep a button pushed...

Originally I had down/up press events that got sent separately so you could hold a button down but for various reasons it resulted in a lot of stuck key warnings on the MFCD which couldn't be fixed other than by restarting the mission (obviously a horrible solution) so for now it just sends down and up immediately in the same message and there's no way to hold a button unfortunately.

Besides this, its a good thing, will you add additional content? In your initial post 4 years ago you mentioned to probably adding new Planes and such. Any update on this?

The only update is that I wish there was more time in the day. This whole thing is a side project for me in my free time which I don't have a whole lot of. I'm only as active as I am this week because I have some time off from my day job and I'm trying to make a push to get this editable views feature out the door for everyone because it's been so long!

I do suspect that I will try my best to get something available for the F-18 when it's available but it might take a while to get there!

Well, thanks for clarification on the mentioned subjects.

Secondly I want to say thank you for your constant Support over the years. It doesnt happen quite often that a developer of an alternate Platform Software remains in touch with his Community.

If I will get a tablet so I will purchase your tool instantly, even if the things you mentioned will Keep one to use the mouse from time to time so DCSVC is a great addition to the Game.

I also hope that you keep your Motivation on this and will find the one or other Minute extra for this Project. Too bad that the Play Store reputations arent that well, so I hope that my 5 stars can give it a Little pusch into the right direction.

greets

Memphis

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

• 3 weeks later...

Alright folks. The update with editable views has been made available on the Google Play Store. There are a few new panels and controls that people have been asking for (Exported MFCD/CDU without buttons, etc)

It was a long road to get here, I hope everyone enjoys!

If you have any issues please submit tickets at https://bit-shift.com using the support widget.

have recieved the update today. The editable panels are awesome. I´m happy that I´ve purchased the full thing...really works great. Keep on the good work.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Sure would be nice to see the radio panel. The contortions necessary to tune the radios while using TrackIR rival any circus act.

I'm taking a little break after getting this done but I will try to get some more panels added including radio panels in an upcoming update!

• Like 1