Mission 4 ?

riproren

I can't seem to get through this one. I'll admit, the first couple of times I flew into restricted area, but last night I flew the mission again, and here's what happened. I shot down 4 bogeys, and my flight shot down 3 others. While flying the CAP between SP 11 & 12, it was quiet, so I checked in with E3 for status and was given "Clean". Then 2 and 4 declared "Bingo Fuel" so I sent them to RTB. 3 began declaring his was "Running In" then would declare "guns, guns, then nothing. He just kept doing it. I got low on fuel so I headed back to base.

The only thing I can think of is that I took off and flew directly to SP 6 from SP 1 so that I could make the push point on time.

Any suggestions?

Alienware Area 51, Windows 10, I7-5820k, 6 cores 15mb Cache Overclocked to 3.8GGZ, 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133mhz, Dual Nvidia Titan X 12MB. 2TB 7200rpm sata 6gb/s,

• 1 month later...

Took me about 10 goes at this and finally it worked. Each time I did the same thing shooting down all the bandits. Somehow it decided it would pass me. Now stuck on mission 5 where no sead flights arrive anywhere near on time and the assets I'm to protect are shot down. I gave up...

I5 2500k@4.4ghz, GTX980 OC, 16gb Gskill 12800 DDR3 ram, ssd. Thrustmaster warthog, CH pedals. Track ir 4p

• ED Team

Thanks for the feedback!

All missions are created such that the AI will succeed in the mission if all red air units are removed. As such, only red air can lead to a mission failure.

This leads me to believe that you let red air disrupt the attack by engaging the SEAD or strike flights. You can best see where you failed by watching the mission unfold on TACVIEW.

This is certainly a difficult campaign and requires a lot SA built of your radar picture. If too difficult, you can always enable labels or consult the F10 map.

Best of luck!

• 1 year later...

Spoiler Alert!

I had trouble with that one also. Here is what I did to pass it:

If you do it right, I think there will be at least 8 bogies to shut down in three waves. 4 in the air at start of the mission. 2 taking off after one of the 4 gets shot, and than shortly after 2 more taking off. Your flight only should shoot 1 out of the 8. If you shoot others too early, than your sister flight Ford4 goes with guns only after the Migs on the runway that are taxing. They get stuck on the runway shot up never getting airborne just smoking: no kill count.

You don't need to push too early. Need to get there on time. Shoot just one of the 4 that are in the air. This will trigger other Migs to start taxing. Led Ford4 waste time with the other 3 that still in the air so the other 4 Migs on the runway can get airborne. They will take off one at a time and almost immediately one of the Ford4 F15Cs will shoot them down.

The sister flight Ford4 is so efficient that this mission is more on doing nothing and wasting time so other Migs can get off the ground after a trigger of shooting one Mig down before Ford4 start using guns when they are taxing.

After 8 of the Migs got shot down (one by me, 7 by Ford4), I also followed the way points to spent couple minutes on the CAP and then I went home and landed. Got 100 mission completed but I don't remember seeing anything that said "Mission Success" before I exited mission... I may have misted it.

Edited by Poniat

• 6 months later...

All missions are created such that the AI will succeed in the mission if all red air units are removed. As such, only red air can lead to a mission failure.

Sorry for the necro-posting:

Yesterday looking at the map I've noticed that one of the Red Mig-29 was stuck in the 4809A restricted area airport ground, parked I guess...

Any clue of why?

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|