Su-33 vs F-16 guns only (Constant Peg II single mission) - its tough!:)

Katmandu

Having some trouble here :) I'm not sure if Su-33 special afterburner mode is working correctly for me

image.jpg

...but other than that - its a tough combo :) I'd be happy to see some people posting their tips-tracks-videos of this particular mission.

If you don't have Nevada, the setup is thus: pair of Su-33 (player and "Average skill"wingman) VS a pair of F-16C bl.52 (skill "Excellent"). You are at 6700m and 700km/h, they are 18km away flying straight towards you at 700km/h @ 7500m. Guns only loadouts, 60% fuel for Su and 100% for the F16s.

I've squeaked out a win or two and it is certainly doable, but this was out of 20+ attempts and I'm still none the wiser how and what i did to win on those two occasions :joystick:

Hope this plays correctly.

The track worked! Thanks and very nice flying and shooting, I like the set up of your both shots, but he first one in particular - where he had tonnes more enegry. Will try to replicate myself :) Thanks again!

Edit: VR was to blame :( I found that once I've gone back to using trackIR I could keep track of the baddies and parry their approaches with absolute ease. Shooting is harder, flying is harder on the monitor, but SA is much much better - makes the F-16s easy to counter/parry. In VR the headrest and the relative speeds on merges make everything much more frantic and keeping tabs on everything is pretty hard on the neck :)

Edited by Katmandu