Focusing into Carrier DLC ? - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2016, 04:26 PM   #1
toni
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 137
Default Focusing into Carrier DLC ?

Hey Guys, given that a CVN DLC is planned in a medium term future what do you tell me about a high fidelity SH3 Sea King and later on the SH70 LAMPS Sea Hawk ?
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 07:23 PM   #2
BaD CrC
ED Translator
 
BaD CrC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,159
Default

No need! Gazelle coming! Woohouu!



And the great Lilkiki already made it possible with a Mistral class mod!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...hlight=mistral
__________________
BaD CrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:06 PM   #3
westr
Senior Member
 
westr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: ESSEX, ENGLAND
Posts: 1,027
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaD CrC View Post
No need! Gazelle coming! Woohouu!



And the great Lilkiki already made it possible with a Mistral class mod!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...hlight=mistral
+1
If you've not tried it this MOD it is outstanding.
I'm hoping the some spawn positions can be added as if you start a mission with a wingman from the Mistral you spawn from the same position and therefore collide. But the textures & detail are great this guy deserves a lot of credit for his work...
westr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:13 PM   #4
joey45
Veteran
 
joey45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West London UK
Posts: 10,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by westr View Post
+1
If you've not tried it this MOD it is outstanding.
I'm hoping the some spawn positions can be added as if you start a mission with a wingman from the Mistral you spawn from the same position and therefore collide. ....
Hopefully when the DCS Carriers is out we can..
__________________
General 3D modeling thread and reference sites
new UK liveries for planes, ships and MODS.
The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.
"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."
Please send all hate mail to No11
V0.99 of my UK Yak-52 is now available in the user files..
joey45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:33 PM   #5
Roadrunner
Member
 
Roadrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Germany BGL
Posts: 863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by westr View Post
+1

I'm hoping the some spawn positions can be added as if you start a mission with a wingman from the Mistral you spawn from the same position and therefore collide.
tried with the landing positions a while back, but on another assault carrier mod. the problem is, that you can use only three prebuild templates, cruisers, kuznetsow and the us CV. the cruisers start location is obviously only one, and the carriers have a coordinate for the first slot, but the rest seem to be hardcoded in relation to the first spot.

i hope the same as joey, would make modding ships much more interesting
__________________

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.
You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind.
"

Noli Timere Messorem


"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."
Terry Pratchett

Last edited by Roadrunner; 02-25-2016 at 04:35 PM. Reason: typo
Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:23 PM   #6
Sryan
Campaign Testers
 
Sryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaD CrC View Post
No need! Gazelle coming! Woohouu!



And the great Lilkiki already made it possible with a Mistral class mod!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...hlight=mistral

Is it just me or are the persons in the commanders seat flying the thing wearing swimming trunks? With their arms haning out the window?
Sryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:26 PM   #7
Alicatt
Member
 
Alicatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eating in Eksel or ice cold in Alex
Posts: 914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sryan View Post
Is it just me or are the persons in the commanders seat flying the thing wearing swimming trunks? With their arms haning out the window?
That's BDU: Battle Dress, Underwater.
__________________
Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh
Clan Cameron
Alicatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:23 PM   #8
Ohgr
Member
 
Ohgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: AL, USA
Posts: 284
Default

Hey guys, while I for one would certainly enjoy doing either of those being as I worked on them both during my time in the Navy and have extensive knowledge of the systems involved it would be a while as we are all hard at work at our currently announced modules. Now that is not a NO flat out just have to re evaluate when we get our current projects completed. Remember the famous line that everything is subject to change
__________________
Bryan
Ohgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 04:13 PM   #9
gospadin
ED Testers Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: 'Murica
Posts: 1,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly_B View Post
Hey guys, while I for one would certainly enjoy doing either of those being as I worked on them both during my time in the Navy and have extensive knowledge of the systems involved it would be a while as we are all hard at work at our currently announced modules. Now that is not a NO flat out just have to re evaluate when we get our current projects completed. Remember the famous line that everything is subject to change
I'm all in favor of keeping your project lists manageable.

Gazelle will be a day-1 purchase for me.

Good luck!
--gos
gospadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:43 PM   #10
Rangi
Senior Member
 
Rangi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alice Springs, AU
Posts: 1,943
Default

No updates for a while but these guys have started a sea king
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=147020
__________________
PC:
Spoiler:
6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.
Rangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:51 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.